Comment has been collapsed.

Not for Germany. :-(

1 week ago

German does have heavily censored version

https://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/

1 week ago

Yes i Know. I Have buy a Steamgift from my Friend in Austria.

1 week ago

Does that still work? Fellow German here, I tried activating a global key for the Defintive Edition online and it wouldn't let me activate it on Steam, circa 2 years ago. I don't feel like pirating this but I loved the German version (and that was pretty brutal even censored) and I'd love to play through all the DLC and cut content at some point.

1 week ago

You can only get the old and cut version without dlc's through steam. The definitive edition is not available for germans at all (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/foruncut/discussions/13/523898291493566499/):

Not available in German Steam Store.
Will not install or start when connecting from an IP address attributed to Germany for at least 90 days; gifts and keys cannot be activated.

1 week ago

that's such a shame honestly, thanks for the clarification!

1 week ago

In my region, only definitive edition is available for purchase.

1 week ago

It's on sale for the same price (well, 2.99€) and with a patch you can play the DLC.

1 week ago

Though it's historical low but nope, still 85%

1 week ago

Very low chances for it to be available at that historic low again, U can consider this price as new HL

1 week ago

It's always 85% at all time, it's not new HL mate

1 week ago

Historical low is historical low, not recent low.

With that out in the open, after years of not being 90% off, one may just buy it for 3$/€ instead of waiting years? to maybe get it a single $/€ cheaper. It's a great price already.

1 week ago

It's a 2-year low, so... probably won't go any more down anytime soon.

1 week ago

Amazing but underrated game.

1 week ago

Great game, my favourite from GTA-like genre, shame that sequel was scrapped and studio closed

1 week ago

my favourite from GTA-like genre

Same! It's honestly a near-masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, now that I'm really thinking about it, I like The Saboteur just as much.

1 week ago

i played Saboteur and liked it, but SD edges it, as big fan of John Woo and Johnnie To Hong Kong action films i liked that atmosphere and soundtrack is top notch

1 week ago

Check out Stranglehold! It's unfortunately not on Steam, but it is on GOG.com for deep discount right now. It's more Max Payne than GTA-like, but still an excellent Hong Kong action film made into a game as a direct sequel to Woo's Hard Boiled movie.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/stranglehold

1 week ago

I loved Stranglehold, had it on disk in times before digital distribution. Glad its not abandonware. Great game, RIP Midway

1 week ago

Glad to hear you liked The Saboteur. It's a little rough-around-the-edges compared to Sleeping Dogs, but the setting and subject matter are right up my alley. Plus the whole black-and-white gimmick really stands out in my mind.

I'm sure you've noticed, but in case you haven't, The Saboteur is back on Steam. I wanted to create a couple giveaways for it, but the region restrictions are pretty insane.

1 week ago

Yeah, i saw it, nice its back but i am waiting for better sale, EA honestly doesnt deserve much of my money

1 week ago

It's not a GTA-like, more a Max Payne-like, but Stranglehold is excellent for that Hong Kong action movie feel, and it's a direct sequel to Woo's Hard Boiled movie (with Woo working with Midway on it).

https://www.gog.com/en/game/stranglehold

1 week ago

I appreciate the recommendation. Thanks! I actually played it on Xbox 360 back in 2017, and though I liked it, I kinda sucked at it. Rented it from Gamefly, and I remember being glad that I did instead of paying the then-outrageous price for it. Looks like the prices have gone way, way down since then, which is interesting. Maybe I'll have to pick up a copy.

I'd be all over that GOG deal, but I hate it when console-to-PC ports don't have gamepad support. Boggles my mind. Another one that comes to mind is Freedom Fighters.

1 week ago

I agree, integrated gamepad support should be a must for console-to-PC ports. However, I've had good luck of adding the GOG copy of Stranglehold to Steam and using Steam's gamepad support to configure it there. It's not perfect, but it's superior to M&KB play only.

1 week ago

I love this game so much. When I was younger and played it first I didn't like the ending, but I recently replayed it and I like it more now.
The game itself is so solid, I had so much fun 100%ing it. The supernatural DLC was better than the serious one, I did not expect that.

1 week ago

It's a fantastic game!

1 week ago

I still prefer to play the original PC version instead of the Definitive one

1 week ago

Oh wow, and I thought I had the outdated version, looks like they've ported from console and called it a day.

1 week ago

Yeah, this is enhanced, but for PS4/One users, not PC. Given that it's a PS3/360 game still running at 30fps on those consoles, even there, I wouldn't call it a massive upgrade.

1 week ago

Had the normal version with the dlcs but decided to go for this one to play on the Deck.

1 week ago

The normal version doesn't run on Steam Deck?

1 week ago

And that's why I bought this one

1 week ago

I was asking if it runs, since I've never tried it on Ubuntu myself.
But according to ProtonDB, it should run...

1 week ago

I played this and beat in 2022/2023 and I enjoyed it, I'd say it's a good pick up for $3. I haven't played the original so I'm not sure how it compares to that.

1 week ago

Well, I did all the trophies on the PS3 when the game came out, and after that, I've played it on PC.
Eventually, I did get that Definitive version (don't know when) but for me, it's a downgrade: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/woqhEGK

1 week ago

Sad thing is that we will (probably) never get Sleeping Dogs 2 πŸ™

1 week ago

Yet another victim of Square Enix's crappy management.

1 week ago

Definitely in the "oldies but goodies" aisle.
I have been replaying it just this month and it's a blast. So much to do and a great story, which is too often missing in open world games.
Well worth the price compared to more recent games that go for 60 bucks and aren't worth 2 hours of gameplay

1 week ago

Not sure if it's only me but I prefer Sleeping Dogs to any GTA game.

1 week ago

It's not only you. In fact, I have several games like this which I prefer to GTA: Mafia 2, The Getaway, True Crime Streets of LA, LA Noire. :D

1 week ago

Yeah, don't know the other two but I prefer Mafia 2 and LA Noire over GTA too. Still, Sleeping Dogs is the most I like out of these.

1 week ago

As far as I remember, Sleeping Dogs was supposed to be another entry in the True Crime franchise, but it ended being its own thing.

1 week ago

Ah didn't know about that. So the setup was already there, that's cool. Too bad Square wasted the potential by trying to make it something like GTA Online.

1 week ago

This game has been this price many times, but it's easily worth the cost. It's my personal GOTY of 2012. Easily liked this more than any GTA or Saints Row.

1 week ago

That’s a steal for that price, thanks for the heads up

1 week ago

I love this game! It's one of those games I'd really like to see a sequel or a remaster for. I've earned the platinum trophy twice, on PS3 and PS4 and I could play it again, no problem!
Very Recommended!

1 week ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.