So surprise surprise, Ubisoft is pulling a metro exodus on steam users again by pulling Anno 1800 from steam and making it epic exclusive,
but you can pre-purchased on Steam until launch and it will be honored.

https://www.anno-union.com/en/ubisoft-is-partnering-with-epic-games-store-for-anno-1800/
https://www.pcgamer.com/anno-1800-will-be-an-epic-store-exclusive-but-can-be-pre-purchased-on-steam-until-launch/

It was expected since Ubi made a deal with epic in the long run.

At this point, I don't care anymore. The whole thing became more stupid to the point where even mention it became mundane.

So to make things interesting I would like to know what do you guys think? especially the fans of the series.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What do you think ?

View Results
Will pre-order it on steam
Will pre-order it on uplay
Will pre-order it on epic
Don't care about the game

News: my next birthday will also be an Epic Store exclusive

5 years ago

Oh it will happen, it will 100% happen :D

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

They made the Unreal Engine and Gears of War. More games will also move to their store since they take less cut than Valve. If they start doing Early Access like Steam, more of the new developers might try out Epic store.

5 years ago

Unreal engine cut and gears of war sales are not enough to make a company keep throwing money like they're doing now.

Plus epic store is not making nearly enough money as you think.
They didn't mention any sales numbers for their exclusive deals with games like ashen, hades and more.
Their "hit" (metro exodus) made x2.5 compare to the original last light on lunch which is no way a fair comparison plus not mentioning the redux ones which out sales the originals by miles. But that's a topic for another discussion.

So IMO Fortnight and Tencent are there the main sources of money.

5 years ago

in business you have to eventually make money,, right now they can stand the losses because Fortnight is making them loads of cash, but eventually that'll run out, the main question remains, can they make their store profitable prior to their fortnight money running out? If they can then they'll stick around.. If Fortnight starts to slide which it will when the next big thing comes out, what's to keep Tencent hanging around.. eventually they'll pull the plug, it's costly to buy up exclusive rights to a game.. The biggest draw is their cut, but that cut isn't going to make a developer/publisher forgot steam sales,, that money will.. They have a very interesting business strategy right now, as much as I can't stand Epicgamestore atm, it'll be interesting to see how things pan out in 2 or 3 years..

5 years ago

...epic crap launcher will start making space rockets, launch it's missions on Mars and Venus and later rule the Earth!
I don't believe it myself though, but it sounds great

5 years ago

Me too

But Tencent got them cover with over 330M$ investment.

5 years ago

Yes, that why I believe they got a shot at this. The way consumers in this generation work + They got big investors and "Fortnite Money" to keep them rolling for a while. Amazon didn't make a profit after six years; we will see how long the epic store will last.

5 years ago

Will buy it on Steam sale.

5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

I enjoyed the old anno games, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. Probably will get it in a future sale (50%off perhaps) on Uplay or Steam.

5 years ago

Right, I played the Anno 2070 demo and kinda liked it, So ya same here

5 years ago

I never pre-order games, but in this case, I might as well buy the Uplay version

5 years ago

Exactly.

5 years ago

Skull & Bones will more than likely be announced next.

5 years ago

I totally forgot about this. I'm sure that's will be 100% true.

5 years ago

it's possible, but you can't immediately assume all Ubisoft games will be Epicstore exclusive because of Division 2 and Anno 1800.. Far Cry New Dawn came out after Ubi announced their agreement with Epic.... They also just released the remastered version of Assassin Creed 3. It was said select Ubisoft titles would be Epicstore exclusive..

5 years ago

I'm not assuming all Ubisoft games will be Epic Store exclusives.

5 years ago

You know what the sad part of this is? Like Division 2, due to the Epic Competition agreement with Ubi, all other authorized seller like GMG, Gamersgate, Amazon, ect, will most likely have to stop their sales once the game launches even though their sales are for Uplay Connect. Because "competition" is good.

5 years ago

I read that before in a Reddit, that's straight up anti-consumer in my opinion. Hope it gets fixed before the release.

5 years ago

Why it should be fixed? It's Ubisoft's goal.
I wouldn't be surprised if in few months Ubisoft will say "due to critique of Epic Store, we will no longer sell our games there" and they will become Uplay Exclusives.

5 years ago

True, but at least make people buy it. In the same Reddit post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/b70v17/based_on_ubisofts_ongoing_partnership_with_epic/

They can't even buy it on Uplay itself.

5 years ago

Your problems are solved with the Corsair Game Launcher Launcher, hahaha!
https://youtu.be/9n4JAhskw0k

5 years ago

Well done Corsair. That's what every PC gamer need 😂😂

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

I can't believe I laughed at this 😂😂. good one.

5 years ago

That last Ubisoft sale made me nervous we'd start losing their entire catalog. Hopefully the games which are already released, including Far Cry 5 New Dawn, stick around and don't end up being removed.

5 years ago

Hope not. We will have to wait and see.

5 years ago

Trying to find SG's referral code on GMG, don't mind me.

Anno 1800

5 years ago

$98.80 AUD and Uplay, bloody hell. They make it so damned enticing....

5 years ago

Tbh, it'll probably drop to 50% off in 3 months - look at Far Cry New Dawn, also Odyssey Ultimate is $50 on steam right now a much better deal? - but I'm a sucker for trade ship games and city building. This game really has no right being over $50, it's the same price as Sekiro and Bloodlines 2!

I know it's only cosmetic but that Imperial train and ship looks real nice, the only reason I'm contemplating my first and likely last pre-order.

5 years ago*

1 year exclusive?

5 years ago

Game looks pretty good: https://www.pcgamer.com/anno-1800-review/

Ubisoft would make life easier if they had a Wishlist function on UPlay...

5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by The0Warrior.