Hi there, I have a nice little story to tell. Lean back, grab your popcorn and enjoy.

I just bought an CS:GO Inventory for 1500€ on Ebay. You may think now, WHAAAAAT? IS THIS GUY DUUUUUMB?

• Honestly, maybe I am. But this Inventory, at least the screens I have seen is way more worth than 2500-3000€. I was pretty sure to
    make profit with it selling it in ebay as seperate items.

After I had won the auction the things went weird.

The first thing was that, the inventory had the option to be bought for 3500€ instantly beneath the auction purchase. The inventory auction ended when the german ebaysite was DOWN. Nobody was able to bet on it anymore. I am sure the inventory would have went up to 2000€ or more, but I was lucky enough and my bidding was enough. So I grabbed it for 1500€....

A reason for the inventory owner to be mad I guess.....

My first email contact with the inventoryseller was like this:

Seller: GZ to my inventory, my paypal is broken so please pay with bank transferal.

Seller: I give you time until tomorrow.

My first reaction was like WHAT?

Such an arrogant asshole.

Did I mention he has 0 RATINGS IN EBAY?

I told him that I have 10 days until the payments has to arrive but its not in my mind to take that time because I
want the inventory as fast as possible.

He didn`t respond for several hours and I wanted to do the next step, I just tryed to pay with paypal even if he told me he doesnt want paypal.

** I mean he offered PAYPAL PAYMENT in the auction and NO bank transferal, so why the hell would I do this.

20 Seconds later I got this as result:

Error code: 70165 PAYEE_ACCOUNT_RESTRICTED

Okay I had never seen sh it like this before and I had no idea what it means. The first thought I had was, okay he already scammed someone else who just forced his money back and now his pp acc is frozen.

After visiting 10 sites about paypal error codes I still couldnt figoure out what the EXACT problem is with his account so I just kept waiting his response, I gave him my phone number to call me relating the payment...

Some hours later he wrote back:

Seller: Sorry I couldnt reach you by phone. Just do the transaction by normal banking, not paypal.

Srsly?

I was at home THE ENTIRE DAY. Not that I had a choice, I have a broken leg and im in the bed the entire day or on the couch...The phone was NEXT to me, no missed calls, batteries at full charge.

I told him again that I CANT PAY with normal bank since he didnt choose this as payment option and ebay doesnt give me his bank details just for fun.

He responded some minutes later with:

Seller: Really? Can`t you see them in the finished auction?

My response was just like: No, I can`t.....

Even if this looks SO BRUTAL like the most crazy scam ever, I mean 1500 euro!

I still dont know what to think about this...Im going back and forth with this guy.

my thoughts:

• He is so pissed that he only got 1500 euro for the inventory and now plays mega stupid since he clearly wanted 3000.

• he is a scammer.

• He is one of the most stupid persons I have ever met.

But if he is a scammer, why didnt he just give me the bank details when I asked for it? I dont get it...

Im so DAMN excited what you guys and girls think about this. Sorry in advance for my terrible english, I do even more mistakes when im hyped.

I only know one thing, no matter how this ends. I will -hunt- this- fucka- down. If he is a scammer this is a REALLY brutal violation of everything I have achieved due to normal education. I am in the mood to make an example of people who dont respect others on the internet and try to steal from people. If this ends with police and court I am ready for it to spend some time and probably teach him a lesson. And no...I will not beat the shit out of him, I will just go to the police ^^

Kind regards
Hexor

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

obvous skam

9 years ago

Dude's paypal doesn't work, possibly put on lock down because of suspicious activity. PLUS, guy has NO ebay history (at least with that account, who is to say he hasn't had others that he scammed with, that got his paypal locked down).

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is a bloody freight train coming straight at you. There are red flags ALL over this, screaming scam. And you're too oblivious to it because you have counted your eggs before the hens even laid them. Congrats, you may have won SG's "Biggest sucker scammed" award of the year.

9 years ago

You act like I already paid him anything? I will have my fun with him and email with him 3 or 4 days while preparing my anus assault together with ebay.

PS: YOu just repeat things that I already said multiple times...No idea whats your point.

9 years ago

ROFL

YOU came on to SG forum, sharing this story. Whether you paid or not, the fact that you took the bait, makes you a sucker. Attempting to pay, even if it got revoked because his paypal isn't working, makes you even bigger one. Didn't want people putting in their two cents, should not have posted this, or even just close the topic, because you will have plenty more thinking and saying you were scammed (and to be scammed, you have to be a sucker).

9 years ago

Aha, I would only pay if I have the chance to get the money back when it turns out to be a scam. And with paypal, no MATTER if its a digital good or not, I would get the money.

PS: Your opinion is not requested anymore, kiddo..

9 years ago

Oh, you've taken to trying belittling petnames? How cute.

Paypal only protects transactions up to a certain amount, as person already pointed out. Also pointed out, ebay owns paypal, so if they guy's paypal was locked down, it was for a REALLY good reason. And as the gentleman below me in my post here pointed out, ebay also does not allow the buying and selling of virtual items. The card are stacked against you on this one in so many ways, yet all you see is the "WHAT IF!!!" you get something....

9 years ago

So while ebay doesnt allow the sale or purchase of virtual goods you are going to complain to them that you didnt get your items?

9 years ago

The purchase is not forbidden, only the selling is^^

9 years ago

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Buying-and-Selling-Virtual-Items-on-eBay-/10000000004609906/g.html

"But for eBay users, buying and selling these items is not allowed."

Right there, in the first paragraph.

9 years ago

I sold and bought multiple WoW Accounts, never had ANY problems with ebay.

9 years ago

Well, when you complain and they review then you will probably have an issue.

9 years ago

Thats possible...

9 years ago

On top of that ebay owns paypal and will suspend its use if you violate its terms.

9 years ago

.....if the selling of said items is not allowed, it should go without saying that buying the stuff is not allowed. Just because ebay doesn't crack down on it, doesn't mean it isn't against their rules and if you try to open a case, they won't support you or help you in any way. Ebay is too big for them to crack down on every single transaction that is against their terms or illegal, and count on the seller/buyer to exercise commonsense instead of greed/gluttony.

9 years ago

Maybe talk to paypal/ebay support to get your payment through.

If he doesn't send you the items within a week, just reverse the charges on your paypal account.
EDIT: Nevermind. paypal buyer protection will not help. Maybe check with your bank to see if you're able to reverse charges on your credit card.

9 years ago

tl;dr and there was a meme. so.

9 years ago

A few things, I skimmed your story because I'm too lazy to read that many words.

First in regards to Error code: 70165, it can mean a few different things. He may not accept payments in your currency. I didn't read to see if you and the seller are in different countries. It can also mean the payment is too large for him to accept.

On the other hand PayPal Buyer Protection does NOT cover digital goods so if he takes your money and runs they are gonna say you just lost 1500 foreigner dollars. The reason for this is digital goods are magic and magic scares PayPal.

edit: Check 13.3 Ineligible Items

So basically, it MIGHT not be a scam. Also Scarlett Johansson MIGHT stop by your house tonight dressed as Black Widow wanting you to be her Hawkeye. Two guesses which of those are more likely.

9 years ago

I laughed about the magic :D

9 years ago

I can just say its just an scam. You will get marked on steamrep for doing those deals. Atleast an caution. If you can find former owners of items,you will prorably can return their items back to em and have no problems.

9 years ago

What do you mean, you will get marked on steamrep ?

The selling of expensive knives on ebay was there ever since...So I dont know whats new about this.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Blairhexor.