1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

none

1 decade ago

There's one, it's called "Windows". While not perfect, it can accurately play about 2/3 of the 360 library with no major issues.

1 decade ago

unfortunately, it has a some major graphical glitches that cause the games to looks a lot better then the 360. bummer.

1 decade ago

Don't think so.

1 decade ago

Pretty sure there are none.

1 decade ago

Buy a 360. You can get one cheap.

1 decade ago

No. Xbox 360 emulation faces two problems. First, good emulators are pretty much topping out handling the PS2 and Wii. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are likely beyond current capabilities, at least in any practical and useful form. Second, there just doesn't seem to be interest in emulating Microsoft consoles. Even original Xbox emulation seems pretty much dead in the water.

1 decade ago

cxbx is still indev for the xbox 180.

1 decade ago

Xbox 180? Why would you call it Xbox 180 when it's simply "Xbox". What's up with people thinking the number at the end is in degrees anyway? I mean, okay, Xbox 720 was an acceptable guess, as it was not launched yet, but come on, the original Xbox has been out for ages and you call it a freakin' 180.

1 decade ago

It's to difference the 360 with the previous one, because if you say "Xbox" some people will understand it's the 360.

1 decade ago

Then just use Xbox 1, it's not like people will confuse it with Xbox One... oh wait.

1 decade ago

He/she could've just called it "original Xbox", like most people do. Calling it the 180 just creates far more confusion, as it has never ever been refered to as Xbox 180.

1 decade ago

Just call the new one Xbox 3, and everyone will "get the joke" and not confuse it between the "real" Xbox 1.

1 decade ago

All xboxes have different names anyway Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One, no need to call it something that it is not to differentiate, those who need to understand will understand which one you had in mind from the context.

1 decade ago

Old Xbox isn't nearly as interesting as PS2. I mean, there's Ninja Gaiden... uh. What else. Dead or Alive? And that's all I guess. And it's still hard to emulate, so no one really cares about it.
Then we have Xbox 360, which is hard to emulate, it's fairly new console. Complicated architecture makes it impossible to emulate on current generation hardware. Just look at PS2, 300 MHz CPU and you still need a powerfull PC to emulate it well.

Unless you'd have a computer specially made to resemble(or maybe identical to) Xbox 360 architecture, and then written an emulator for it, it's impossible to emulate. But why would you do that? It's just more efficent to buy one instead.

1 decade ago

"Old Xbox isn't nearly as interesting as PS2. I mean, there's Ninja Gaiden... uh. What else. "

From games I've played myself:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Blinx 2 (1 is too clunky to be really fun, 2 fixed that)

Breakdown

Brute Force

Crimson Sea (for the sequel you'd need a PS2)

Crimson Skies

Deathrow

Jet Set Radio Future (I think only the original Dreamcast game got re-released on Windows)

MechAssault 1 & 2

Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2

Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds (At least I think that one's exclusive)

Metal Wolf Chaos (ok, this one I've not played. But it's worth it for the cutscenes alone)

Otogi 1 & 2

Unreal Championship 2 (1 doesn't count as it's a cut-down port of UT2003, this one diverges a lot thanks to introducing 3rd-person melee combat system)

Sudeki (doesn't apply stricly speaking, but the Windows version is a total shitport that's better left untouched).

Voodoo Vince

Problem is, from what I know the old Xbox is just as hard to emulate as the 360 thanks to hardware weirdness.

1 decade ago

Thanks for writing this list, might come useful. Don't forget Steel Battalion with it's epic controller.

Still, Xbox doesn't have nearly as much exclusives worth checking as PS2. It really wasn't popular, like Gamecube. But Gamecube had Nintendo games. Gamecube is emulated really well (you can even link GBA emulator with it, damn, it's amazing), PS2 emulation is getting better. And Xbox? While it is said that PC games were really easy to port for Xbox, making an emulator of it is hard. It isn't really documented how everything works there - CPU, GPU, audio system, video encoding and BIOS. It'll be a while until we see a good emulator of Xbox.

It's just better to buy one.

1 decade ago

sure bro just download this file

1 decade ago

I think I found one, oh wait it's in my room.

1 decade ago

they dont exist, there is only one xbox one emulator and it can only run halo 1 and not well if i remember correctly

1 decade ago

That was Xeon but it never saw any update. Cxbx is the only Xbox emulator still seeing sone development and can more or less run a few games as long as you don't have a 64-bit Windows OS. (Something it depends on was removed from 64-bit Windows by Microsoft) There's also Dxbx that was a Delphi port of Cxbx, and I did some work on it myself in it's early days, but it's pretty much dead now. Most of the developers had to move on to other real-life projects that took too much time away from it.

1 decade ago

I "like" how their project focus is development and testing on getting Halo 1 working, instead of oh, I don't know perhaps one of the dozen games that isn't already playable on PC?

1 decade ago

According to a little sniffing from ZD to some coder sites and blogs, getting XBox retail games to play is hard enough as it is, is on a game by game coding basis, and existing support is sparse if not nonexistent. Surprisingly, there's at least one coder still working on original XBox emulation, with last post in March working on Virtua Cop 3 support. Perhaps there's some actual merit to XB360's spotty backwards comparability.

Based on that, I don't see XB360 being emulated in the foreseeable future. And honestly, with the rapid "falling off" of exclusivity, I don't see emulation of any modern console short of attempts at Nintendo systems in the foreseeable future.

1 decade ago

I'd come back in six years. I don't expect a console emulator to be out until at least ten years after the console's release.

Nintendo is another story entirely. Every one of their consoles has been emulated excellently for years now. Except for 3DS/WiiU, but come back in a year.

1 decade ago

No. Even the cube is just decent, and only on powerful PCs.

1 decade ago

No it doent need a powerfull pc it runs on a laptop with a medium graphics card

1 decade ago

I emulate Mario Kart Wii on my okay-spec laptop with only a smidge of framedrop. I haven't had any issues with cube games, some are harder to emulate than others though.

1 decade ago

That's because the Wii was 2 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

Seriously, the Wii Emulator was the GameCube Emulator (Dolphin) upgraded. I'm sure they're already looking at making it support the WiiU, which is officially 3 GameCubes duct-taped together with an additional 3DS glued to a WiiMote.

1 decade ago

i think buy xbox360 is the best way...and don't forget the halo.

1 decade ago

No, and there probably won't be one. Just look at all the emulators out there, even the Wii got one that works pretty neatly, yet not even the original Xbox has one that works with more than only a couple of games. I'm no expert on it, but from what I heard, the hardware and the OS on it were so convoluted that it was just not worth the effort to make it work on PC, so they completely abandoned it.

1 decade ago

Some PS2 games run pretty slow on my PC, I don't imagine how it would be possible to emulate X360 game at decent speed, I just don't see it. Not even in 10 years.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

As long as I know, the same thing happened back in 2005 with the 360s

1 decade ago

meh, why dont you wait for xboxone\ps4 emu instead? xd (it should be easier to make, they are basically x86-64 pc-s...)

1 decade ago

People said the same thing about the original Xbox. Emulation is still pretty sketchy.

1 decade ago

There's none, and good reason why.

First, there's no computer that can be bought by the regular person that can handle the emulation smoothly.
Second, M$ has locked down on the Xbox 360 game player, thus it's near impossible to get it out with reason 1.

1 decade ago

PS3 emulator, it can run homebrews and tetris :P

1 decade ago

This is legit.

1 decade ago

Amazing. Now make it run MGS4 at full speed and I'm bought.

1 decade ago

Come back in 10 years. :P

1 decade ago

LOL. Is that a joke?

1 decade ago

You could try this one

It has a high degree of realism...

1 decade ago

Yea its called Steam and you can play games that are on both xbox and PS3 and PC. imagine that

1 decade ago

Wow, do you have The Last of Us or Red Dead Redemption on Steam? Why do I own every console available if Steam has them all!? I'm such an idiot! :p

1 decade ago

:B1:

1 decade ago

You said it.( The last sentence :P )

p.s. No one can tell you why you buy consoles mainly for few overpraised mediocre games.

1 decade ago

Seems like you never played most exclusives, else you wouldn't say something like that because it isn't true :p

All consoles (mainly PS3 imo) really have some gems and are way above mediocre (I'll keep my mouth shut about Halo or GoW tho before I piss off a fan but mmkai). My PS3 was totally worth it's money imo (and it's a launch too, still have PS2 BC) and I still use it everyday as a mediaplayer to stream things from my NAS to my TV. Games like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, MGS4, Heavy Rain, Valkyria chronicles (and a lot more) are just 'must have' games in my opinion.

1 decade ago

Wow do you have any sort of reading comprehension at all . i said "play games that are on both xbox and PS3 and PC" as in multiplatform games! its pretty obvious there is no emulator for xbox 360, you dont need to ask people on forums and wait for an answer when you can google it and find out 10x faster that waiting for someone else to do it for you. If it was that easy to make emulators for current gen consoles then why would anyone buy a console at all.

1 decade ago

I don't think he would ask for an emulator if he was talking about multiplatforms, reading comprehension vs logic :P When I think of Xbox, things that come to mind are Halo and Forza (exclusives), when I hear PS3 it's Last of Us, uncharted and killzone (exclusives). Everything else => PC :x Who would want a x360 emulator on PC when you are able to play the superior PC version (usually with more settings and optimized for PC's)? :p

But yes, people keep making threads with stupid questions, it does get annoying :p

1 decade ago

"people keep making threads with stupid questions, it does get annoying :p"

This

1 decade ago

what if i tell you......

there is no Xbox 360 simulator

1 decade ago

There is no thing like Xbox 360 emulator. Best you can get is PS2 emulator and your computer still won't be able to run anything smoothly. You can emulate PSP, PS1, Nintendo (except Wii), Gameboy, SEGA and stuff like that but no Xbox 360 or PS3. Well, you can try but your computer won't handle it. So don't be a scumbag and buy an Xbox 360 if you want to play Xbox 360 games!

1 decade ago

"and your computer still won't be able to run anything smoothly" I disagree, if the settings are correct games do run smoothly and some are much, much more beautiful (ex : FFXII on full HD, 16:9)

1 decade ago

MGS3 still runs pretty bad at some parts even on powerful systems.

1 decade ago

I haven't tried MGS3 yet but there must be optimal settings specific for this game, which can be found on the internet. Unless I'm mistaken and this one can't run well even with the best settings.

1 decade ago

Oh btw, emulators take at least 3 times as much resources compared to the original system.

1 decade ago

Most of today's computers are far ahead compared to the PS2. Of course emulators do need more resources, probably why the Xbox 360 emulator the OP asks for is not happening on our current generation of PCs but the PS2 is well emulated.

That's why I disagreed with the "won't be able to run anything smoothly" - but maybe ExDec meant "won't be able to run everything smoothly"...
And in this case that'd be correct. example : MGS3, according to Dizzee (but maybe there are good settings even for this one)

1 decade ago

Yeah sorry. I meant everything. English is not my native language so sorry if I said/spelled something wrong.

1 decade ago

There are some games but, for example, I have tried running NFS: Underground 2 on PS2 emulator (I know it's on PC but I didn't have anything else to test that time) and it ran but it ran very bad. I could drive around but it was very laggy. I guess it depends on game, settings and computer setup.

1 decade ago

The PS2 emulator is at a point where most games work very well and at over 60 fps, if the frame limiter is disabled. Provided that you have at least a decent modern PC.

There is a Wii emulator that actually makes the game look a lot better than on a real Wii. I'm not sure how well it runs the games though.

1 decade ago

No. There are fakes, do not belive.

1 decade ago

I can't stop laughing about OP xD

1 decade ago

Disregarding the fact that there isn't really any consumer level PC that would be able to run a 360 emulator with any kind of usability, modern consoles with all of their DRM crap may make it impossible (or extremely complicated) to do in the first place. It's most likely not going to be as simple as an NES or PS1 or GBA emulator where all you need is the game ROM and an emulator.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Hyp3rZ3r0.