Now I don't wonder anymore the number of 'I have been hacked / scammed' threads at steam forums. People should just learn to be a bit skeptical and not to click every link / accept everything immediately :(

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

You can still get hacked even without clicking any links.

8 years ago

Well yes but most of the steam account thefts include the user giving his information to scam site, other user or getting a keylogger from somewhere.

8 years ago

Now if you get hacked, the hackers can delete your games. yay

8 years ago

I think that you can get them back if you contact support. Of course it will take some time and you can't play those games meanwhile...

8 years ago

Knowing Steam, it will take months, and by then you will have quit

8 years ago

Months? You're being too nice, give them at least a year and o they will ask for a receipt of hl2 that you bought over a decade ago.

8 years ago

Sir, you are a preacher.

8 years ago

Recently we've seen the community have a good discussion about the pros and cons of trade holds. We thought we'd walk through how we decided to implement them, in the hopes that it helps you understand why they're absolutely necessary.

Then a long wall of text follows that explains how is it important to use two factor authentication (which happens to be only available for iOS and Android users, but somehow they forgot to point that out). In other words, Valve failed to see the other side of the coin which was I believe mostly discussed (so no pros really, mostly cons because people mostly took this news negatively as far as I know), in fact I suspect Valve did NOT really care about what people think at all and the fact that many of us don't have the latest generations of Android or iPhone, they simply pretended like the community didn't say anything negative and continue to push their authenticator down our throats forcibly...

8 years ago

Fifty bucks says they consulted with the same group of knuckleheads Bethesda used for the paid mods scheme :D

8 years ago

Maybe it's the very same account which is hacked 77k times :D

8 years ago

And soon 77k people will hate me for having their trade locked for 3 days :D (this is ruining steamtradematcher currently…)

View attached image.
8 years ago

It's almost a game to find the people able to trade... :)

Offer a trade to blabla, add something from their inventory, Trade will be held for: 72 hours, nope. :( Eventually you find someone, but they are in a different timezone and fast asleep... :)

8 years ago

That's ok for me, I'm using their 2-factor authentication and don't see that as a problem. I'm using it on Bitstamp for years and just feel safer. I understand the problem for Valve, they are a honey pot for hackers. Not cool.

Also it teaches us that Valve cares about the value of items on the market and they want them as high as possible.

8 years ago

Not my fault 77,000 retards get hacked monthly.

8 years ago

Wow, there are more idiots out there than I thought.

8 years ago

ripperino

8 years ago

What's so hard about not adding randoms and not clicking links. Also if they talk in a script it's a bot or if they have really bad English it's a sign too.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.