2016 has been a pretty good year for me so far. I've won four games, one off of my wishlist. Of course, this string of good luck makes me incredibly nervous, and I'm pretty sure I've lost my 1.0 ratio by now. So I should probably give something back.

Rather than vomit up one of the terrible bundles available right now, I've decided to give away one of my favorite games of 2015: Downwell. If you like fast paced rogue-lites like Spelunky, Nuclear Throne and Super House of Dead Ninjas, you'll probably like Downwell.

I know what you're thinking: Why make a thread for a single cheap game if I'm not even going to hide it behind some obtuse puzzle? Well, I wanted to try out SGTools. Here's the giveaway link. I tried to keep the requirements pretty low, just keeping out rule breakers and prodigious leechers. Let me know if I screwed anything up.

Bumps and thank yous are appreciated, but I'd prefer to get a discussion going. What was the best game you did play in 2015, and why did you like it so much? It doesn't necessarily have to be a game that came out in 2015, just as long as you played it for the first time last year. As usual, giving a thoughtful answer will get you on my whitelist. I for one really liked Undertale...maybe I should give that away instead. Maybe later...maybe for the whitelist.

(PS: I cleared my blacklist at the beginning of the year, so if you've managed to go 10 days without being totally obnoxious, you should be able to enter!)

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Or maybe you did play it?(Poll Requires Games to Vote)

View Results
Yes, thank you for wasting my time.
I own it and haven't played it, but I'll go do that right now since you gave it such a shining recommendation.

I'll just be BUMPing
I feel like I haven't played much during 2015
I guess if I had to choose the one I consider the best it'd be... The Witcher (the first one)
Other games I've played were fun, but not better I think (or I haven't played it as much the last year)

8 years ago

Binding of Isaac:Rebirth, it's so nice and addictive.

8 years ago

About a day and a half left on this. I'm planning a whitelist giveaway for right after it ends...

8 years ago

Thank you, a saw a yt video about downwell, and it looks pretty cool
For me it was also Undertale along with TBOI:Rebirth

8 years ago

Bump

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by AttackSlugD.