Update 27 January

Our Consolation round is over. This time we chose 5 of our members that were considered the most unlucky ones and bought them each a game from their wishlist. This makes our event officially over.

Update 7 January

Just a teaser for anyone that might be interested in future events, for this event we've set a new record of 648 unique simultaneous giveaways out of 69 members (average of 9+ giveaways per member, which means also an average of 9+ wins per member).

Update 24 November

Our members have concluded via voting that our last 5 members of the group shall be:

• Rinc3winD
  • Espo
  • bibboorton
  • ozo2003
  • honglong17

Also in less than 2 hours we already have 220+ giveaways reserved which seems promising in braking our previous record of total 611 giveaways

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had four successful events:

The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date which is on 00:00 Thursday, 1st of January 2015 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of 300$ Contribution Value required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitement phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitement phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 611 unique giveaways created. We had three members to win nothing, and some to win few, but all of them were invited to a consolation round with 43 extra giveaways were they got many more wins. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i would love to be back, Reapplying

9 years ago

Sounds cool to me, asking for invitation! ^_^

9 years ago

I want to be part of something great this Christmas, take me into your group :)

9 years ago

I would like to participate :)

9 years ago

Very cool, i would like to participate :)

9 years ago

+1 for renan1227

9 years ago

I'm interested.

9 years ago

I would like to participate again.

9 years ago

Can i join?

9 years ago

+1 for ACFPS

9 years ago

I would like to join.

9 years ago

I am interested

9 years ago

Count me in, if you would like to ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

9 years ago

I am interested

9 years ago

I am very interested in taking part :)

9 years ago

Woah! For once I see this early. Interested!

9 years ago

+1 for Rin, but I expect the invitation has already gone out. )

9 years ago

I'd like to join this event. It would be my first time.

9 years ago

Sounds awesome, would love to join :D

9 years ago

Was great to be in last time, would love to join again!

9 years ago

+1 for Run The Jewels!

9 years ago

I want to apply for a spot too, really hope that i will able to chose this time, already prepare some decent gift waiting for this....

But aren;t this a bit too soon ? Tragikos ? it still a long time until xmas/year end time isn;t it

9 years ago

Last event (summer one) had GAs running for only 2 weeks and it was way too short to enter (especially considering crazy number off 611 GAs avaiable xD). Last New Year event had GAs running for full month and it was much better idea giving more chances to cumulate enough points and enter all you want ;) There are 3 weeks left of November - so et's say 1-1.5 week of recruitment, 0.5-1 week of picking extra 5 slots, 1 week of reservations and bam! you have December and may start creating/entering GAs ;)

9 years ago

I fully expect us to break the record for number of GA's, again. Shooting for 650, this time. D

9 years ago

haha... but i still wonder, who is the 3 unlucky soul that even with 611 GA, still go back empty hand ?

9 years ago

People who enter only few of them :P

9 years ago

Exactly what zel said. Also since I'm really busy this time around I'd prefer to take this a bit slow :P

9 years ago

+1 for the minion

9 years ago

+1 :)

9 years ago

Was really fun the last two times!
Would love to join the gang again! :D

9 years ago

not enough cv to join :(, take my bump!

9 years ago

I'd love to join again, the summer event was fun!

9 years ago

+1 for the Cola

9 years ago

I want this.
Can I join in your group?

9 years ago

+1 for this guy

9 years ago

Ως συνήθως θα ήθελα να συμμετάσχω με πολύ ενδιαφέρον, ευχαριστώ.

9 years ago

May I apply for another shot, tragikos? Last roll was awesome! :)

9 years ago

I would like to apply for a spot. :)
Thanks for consideration.

9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by tragikos.