If you buy anything on Amazon, please consider choosing a charity first from this link:
http://smile.amazon.com/

1/5 - 1/31
$6 ($1 after EC) Ace Patrol Bundle
$13.19 ($8.19 after EC) Bioshock Infinite
$15 ($10 after EC) The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (pricematched until 1/27)
$15 ($10 after EC) XCOM Collection

1/23 - 1/31
$7 ($2 after EC) GTA Trilogy
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Max Payne 3 Complete
$11 ($6 after EC) GTA Trilogy + GTA IV
$8 ($3 after EC) LA Noire + Max Payne 3
$8 ($3 after EC) GTA IV + Max Payne 3

1/24 - 1/31
$9 ($4 after EC) Tomb Raider
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Thief Bundle
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Legacy of Kain Bundle
$15/$18 ($10/$13 after EC) Final Fantasy XIV/Collectors Edition (Not Steam)
$13 ($8 after EC) Hitman Bundle
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Hitman Absolution

1/26 - 1/31
$8 ($3 after EC) Battlefield 2142 Deluxe (Origin)
$7 ($2 after EC) Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack (Origin)

1/27 - 1/31
$8 ($3 after EC) Mirror's Edge + DLC (Origin)

1/31 ONLY
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Dark Souls (Extended to 2/1, EC also extended)
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Enslaved + Inversion (INVERSION IS REGION LOCKED TO AMERICAS, Enslaved doesnt work in Japan)
$20 ($15 after EC) Naruto 3 Full Burst

Not sure about dates
£10 Borderlands 2 GOTY (UK only)

The others

FAQ:

What are EC credits?
Editor's Choice credits are $5 promotional offers that could only be obtained in the months of November and December for purchases in the Digital Games Store.

Are these credits stackable?
No, one per purchase only.

What items do these credits apply to?
Anything in this list

Can I transfer credits to someone else?
No, they are tied to your Amazon account.

How do I check how many credits I have?
Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to check on Amazon . You need to dig through your email and keep track of how many you have used.

Warning

The following games are region locked. Click the links and examine "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries" and "PurchaseRestrictedCountries" before you purchase to ensure that the key will activate in your country:
Dead Island
Dead Island GOTY
Dead Island Riptide
Metro Last Light
Saint's Row IV
Inversion
Football Manager 2014 (Restricted in quite a few countries)

Source
Archived Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Guys buy vampire the masquerade bloodlines!!

1 decade ago

$4.99? What am I, loaded?

1 decade ago

Stop buying the burgers for once so you can get this :3

1 decade ago

but it is 20$, für 5 i would have bought it

1 decade ago

What?

1 decade ago

Was waiting for a decent price, I'm gonna buy it and patch the hell of it. Frikken Activision.

1 decade ago

4,99$ for such an old game? No thanks.

1 decade ago

Are you saying that old games aren't good enough to be bought at $5?

1 decade ago

Definitely not worth it for me. I won't even pay 1 dollar for Contra (NES game) if it were available on Steam)

1 decade ago

Yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. They should be bundled 5 games for 1$ or even given away for free.

1 decade ago

So what do you consider an old game? What year specifically?

1 decade ago

Lets say 10 years or more or just last generation titles. Unless it's re-relase of HD version like some PS2 games being re-released on PS3. I'm not buying old games. And vampires is activision game. I'm not supporting activision or EA, these are the worst companies in the market making worst games.
Of course there are some exceptions like everywhere else. For example broken sword series. That genre doesn't changed much in all these years so the game plays same as the new ones and looks almost as good as the new ones. but anyway i paid only few euros for the trilogy, would't pay more.

1 decade ago

Bloodlines is 9 years old BTW

1 decade ago

And it's not worth 5$.

1 decade ago

But you said 10, it can't be bundled till next year, worth more now by your logic...

:-D

1 decade ago

And i said "last generation titles".

1 decade ago

So 10 years or generational, thats silly? Maybe they should do that with music to? Also movies, foods, and hell everything, French fries should be a quarter a bag for how old they are :-D!

FREE BREAD FOR ALL!

1 decade ago

Your comparison is wrong.

1 decade ago

FREE BREAD FOR ALL!

TOTAL SERIOUS! max serious go!!!

1 decade ago

Jesus Christ Hillary stop giving shit away to people that don't deserve it. That's why I didn't vote for you.

1 decade ago

POST REPLY NECROMANCER YOU GET 0 FREE BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 decade ago

Oh my God? Do you eat 10-year old French fries?!? Remind me never to accept your dinner invitations....

....again. ;)

1 decade ago

Yes you will....or else :-D!

1 decade ago

What's last gen on pc anyways?

1 decade ago

When they were black and white maybe, IDK Remis is the expert.

1 decade ago

Like... 99% of Steam is a last generation title right now.

1 decade ago

+1 for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 decade ago

So you pay for a game based on how new it is and not how enjoyable it is? Because of people like you the 'cod syndrome' exists. People shouldn't blame Activision and EA for their stupid gimmicks, they just want to bring money like any other company, it's the costumer mass fault for making such gimmicks possible to use. So yeah, thanks Remis.

1 decade ago

Yes.
I hate COD, so you're wrong. I just manage my money and give my money to those who deserves it.
You're welcome.

1 decade ago

Check out what 'cod syndrome' atually means, I wasn't talking about COD. And oh, so older games don't desrve your money, just because they are older? Now you sound just plain silly trying to make excuses.

1 decade ago

I don't care about your sindromes, i'm not a fanboy.
Yes thats the point of waiting for the price drop, the older the game gets the lower the price becomes. I'm not stupid to pay high price for an old games, when i can get much newer and better games for the same price.

1 decade ago

What fanboism has to do with what I talked about, that's the result of not checking about stuff before you counter-argue them? Oh so that's how you think price drops work? they drop until the game becomes free? This is simply hilarious. Referring to 5$ as a high price, lol. And again with the same thing, the mindset of newer = better.

P.S; Irony = "I'm not stupid to pay high price for an old games"

Anyway, I'm not gonna bash you anymore, at first I thought you were a kid with the "newer = better" mentality, but I had my doubt, but after reading this reply, you dismissed all my doubts. (And no, I'm not trying to offend you by saying your a kid. In contrary, to say you'r an adult, but with such mentality and logic, would be the real insult)

1 decade ago

Newer doesn't always mean better, especially with RPGs (Planescape Torment comes to mind). I can't say there aren't any new games that surpass Bloodlines when it comes to vampire mythology but it's still a pretty epic game. Also, GoG.com wouldn't even exist if people didn't care about old games.
If you don't want to pay for Bloodlines but still want to play it, fine, it's your right to decide whether you want original copy. But if don't even have intention of playing the game then I have no bloody idea why are we even having this argument here.

1 decade ago

I never said people shouldn't care about old game, i'm saying they should cost much less unless it's remaster with HD resolution. GOG prices are a joke. Never gonna use that shop.

Why old games costs same or even more than relatively new games? Look at skyrim, tomb raider, sleeping dogs, far cry 3, these are AAA titles with old or indie game prices.
So yeah i'm not paying 5$ dollar for some old game which is released by activision.

1 decade ago

GoG prices are pretty fair. A game should be priced based of enjoyment. A lot of those games on GoG are damn straight amazing. A game doesn't have to be remastered for it to be worth anything. If you think that a game has to be remastered for it to be worth anything then you're not a true gamer. I'm fucking 18 and I love classic games. I've purchased a few (At lower prices of course. I'm cheap as fuck) and I love them. In fact I find SWKOTOR 1+2 my favorite RPGs of all time. I still play them. I find more fun out of those games than a game like Skyrim.

1 decade ago

How come steam prices of the same games are lower? I'm not paying more or the same price for DRM free games.
I just think old games shouldn't cost that much that's all, you can agree or disagree, i will not change my opinion.

1 decade ago

GOG specifically tells you what operating systems the games will work for. Many of the same games on Steam tend to crash and bug out and they don't tell you directly if it will work on your computer. Also, I think most people think that DRM-free >> Steam DRM.

1 decade ago

why do you telling me this? I'm not going to buy form GOG and i'm not interested in DRM free games. Why should i pay the price for some old game as for relatively new AAA title? GOG is overrated and the games are overpriced. Just look at those sale prices - to the moon 4,99$, i bought it on steam twice cheaper. Witcher 2 was 5 euros on steam. And with steam you get more than only a game.

1 decade ago

What are you talking about? Games on GoG are $5 or less a piece or the same as steam and the money goes to an indie game dev company (owners of GoG) while money from steam goes to a company that can't support their games correctly. Have you seen the servers on CSGO? They're total shit.

1 decade ago

I like to pay less and get more, so i'm using steam.

1 decade ago

Baldur's gate 2 complete edition on steam is an extra $15 and comes with the same thing. Oh wait no it doesn't because the GoG version comes with wallpapers, soundtrack of the game, manual and more. Go and buy it now or never insult GoG because I just pointed out an old game steam sells and yet you pay less and get more from GoG. Everything you will say against GoG for the rest of your life is invalid.

1 decade ago

Dude, completley agree with you. A game devalues with time, people who say the opposite, would you pay more for a 2012 car model or would you rather have a 2015 or 2014? Also, you cant just charge a 2014 price on a 2012 because it has the same horse power as a 2014, same with games, even if it is fun as hell time has passed and it's lost value, also if a company sucks you generally look for a way to give them the least amount of money possible. +1 from my part Remis

1 decade ago

DrZero:Digital goods =/= Real life goods.Games don't suffer from deterioration.

1 decade ago

You are so hypocritical. You own Final Fantasy VII on Steam and have placed 13.6 hours in the last two weeks. That is a Playstation 1 era game. That is a very old game and the base price on Steam (ding ding ding) $11.99 (unless you bought it on sale).

Fable - The Lost Chapters, GTA Collection, and so many more of the games you own are considered old by your previously stated remarks. Why then all the hate for games the are higher in price, when you make a few exceptions it seems, and say that all higher priced older games are too overpriced. You can not say one thing and do another.

1 decade ago

Buying it isn't needed, you dont support the devs anymore.

1 decade ago

Hrmm not super interested in anything so far except maaaybe The Cave. Thanks for the heads up, though!

1 decade ago

If you like Rpg, and don't have it already, Get Vampire: The Masquerade. It's an awesome game.

1 decade ago

it's a good enough game... especially if you like Satanic and Vampire stuff.

1 decade ago

Hmm DVG's eh?

Thanks, but I prefer non-Digital video games....

1 decade ago

What are you doing here then?

1 decade ago

Gathering intel on where I can locate some analog video games. "AVG's" I've seen "AVG" on the net a lot, but no success so far.

1 decade ago

OOOOH! So that's what DVG means! :O /smackhead

1 decade ago

lel

1 decade ago

Nice, will probably pick up Condemned. :D

1 decade ago

I think I'll pick up the Walking Dead DLC finally. I've been waiting for it to drop to 75% off.

1 decade ago

Castlevania.....ist MEIN

1 decade ago

Hopefully MP3 + season pass separate keys. just need pass

1 decade ago

I need MP3 without pass!

1 decade ago

Excellent. For $1.24 I can't go wrong with TWD:400 days

1 decade ago

Will get Castlevania and Max Payne Collection

1 decade ago

Just buy Max Paynes separately and save whole two cents :D

1 decade ago

Thanks for the tip :P

1 decade ago

Don't buy VTM! The money will go to people who ruined the game!

1 decade ago

O_o what is wrong with VTM, especially after the long acclaimed unofficial patches? That is a MUST HAVE game.

1 decade ago

The game was rushed horribly, after the publisher demanded it.
Developers worked overtime, without pay, just to finish the game.
After that the development team was fired.

You can find more about it on the internet.

And you can see how much was the game rushed, when you reach Chinatown.

1 decade ago

Troika RIP ;_;

1 decade ago

I've beaten the game 4 or 5 times already and I know the whole drama about idiotic publishers rushing devs.

Simply if you're asking people not to buy the game, cause money goes to the damned publisher - I agree with that.

But not to buy the game, cause it was rushed and still unfinished - not anymore with Unofficial Patch.

Use the unofficial patch to get rid of all bugs, to get all missing content restored and you'll be praising this game, as it's a wonderful RPG and one of the best RPGs ever made.

1 decade ago

I agree, the patch is great and so is Clan Quest and Final Nights mod for a second playthrough...

1 decade ago

There's a new Castlevania?

1 decade ago

No

1 decade ago

Finally going to buy The Walking Dead: 400 Days :) I loved the game, looking forward to playing again!

1 decade ago

Just nabbed it now. Deals are live.

1 decade ago

Just got it as well

1 decade ago

Definitely getting Castlevania.

In case anyone's wondering, these deals will hit at midnight PST on the day they begin. It usually takes about 15-20 more minutes for the new prices to propagate.

1 decade ago

Thank you for that information. I wasn't sure when they would be available.

1 decade ago

it's on

1 decade ago

Hey! I was sleeping!

1 decade ago

Castlevania in the Steam store isn't available in my region, will I still be able to install and play it if I buy it from Amazon?

1 decade ago

you'll just have to try i guess :)

1 decade ago

Yeah you will be able to play it

1 decade ago

Well, Castlevania fail again. Max Payne, The Cave and Walking Dead are with discounts right now... :(

EDIT:

Interesting Fact: Following the link here it lands on a page as 29.99 - Using the link on amazon Deals of the Week, it's 14.99 :P

1 decade ago

Works now. Maybe just a bug?

1 decade ago

I know you guys hate Origin, but Crysis 3 + DLC for $12.99 looks pretty good.

1 decade ago

Not bad, would add it to the deals in the main post, just bold ORIGIN near it or whatever so people don't get confused.

We don't all hate Origin, as a program I don't mind it and it works well.

We mostly hate EA for the crap they pull and how they tend to muck up certain series of games, close down servers, etc...

1 decade ago

Yea, I never saw the reason for the hate on Origin, or at least as venomous as some people are about it. Whenever I've had to use it for exclusives, its never given me a problem. It just doesn't have the bells and whistles of Steam .

1 decade ago

Thanks for the info. Got 400 days

1 decade ago

Does anybody know if the Max Payne 3 + Season Pass Steam keys are region locked? They will probably be the ROW version. Can I activate them in germany?

1 decade ago

Dont know about Germany, but they're not region locked afaik. I got two of them for people in Europe. One was in Serbia, but I can't find where the other guy is from.

1 decade ago

I bought Max Payne 3 on Amazon some time ago, i am from Germany and was able to activate it.

1 decade ago

Thanks for the info!

1 decade ago

Derp, forgot Sleepy Dogs was $5 on Steam already

1 decade ago

BTW, weekly sale is some junk warframe DLC or something. Bleh.

1 decade ago

• FIFA at 33.99 and NBA 2K14 at 19.99 - both are good prices considering how new they are. If you like sports games anyway.
1 decade ago

Alice Madness Returns is 5$ Sadly it's Origin only and i don't know when will it expire...

1 decade ago

But... it was on sale on Steam just a few days ago.

1 decade ago

Some ppl might have missed it. Also it's cheaper here, if you pay in euros on steam.

1 decade ago

For most who pay in euro it will be cheaper for sure lol. It's still priced 50 euro (without discount), just like Shift 2. :/

Still, it's origin so => AVOID! :P I don't think the game is locked so (ab)use a friend and get it on Steam for $5 (once on sale) :p

1 decade ago

I meant if you bought it on sale. 1 Euro costs almost 1,5x more in my country than a dollar (sometimes it does lol).

Also, yeah thats EA for you:(

1 decade ago

Just because Origin is made by EA you avoid it? Just how self-centered are you?
Origin is a good program, just having the wrong label.

1 decade ago

I avoid Origin because I like my games to be on Steam, and I only have like Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 on Origin. I don't want my games to be separated into different clients if possible.

1 decade ago

During the old school days, we had many, many storage devices for our games. And not once did we complain about the space they can take up.
Nowadays, seems like everyone has gone soft just cause we find comfort in Steam.

1 decade ago

If I have a choice to get my games into one platform, I'll do it. If the game isn't available for my preferred platform, then I'll succumb and get it for the one it is only available to.

1 decade ago

Yes, and no Origin sucks. Are you gonna try to change my mind? Good luck. After your skyscraper and SSD talk it's hard to take you serious :x

My backlog is big enough, I don't miss those origin exclusives (most are riddled with bugs anyway) and EA games aren't what they used to be, they already ruined BF, MoH, Simcity and many more :p. They make it easy to live without them but when they release them on Steam I may reconsider buying some.

1 decade ago

Europeans get the short end of the stick with that game. The base price for Alice is still 50 euros, and -75% sale puts it at 12,50e while US gets it at 5 dollars.

1 decade ago

wat

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

any word on deals on black friday weekend?

1 decade ago

Other than Amazon offering $5 editor's choice credits again, there's been nothing.

1 decade ago

A couple of things are up now, but the bulk of the deals wont be released until next week

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by jatan11t.