I just heard about this and I figured some other Dynasty Warrior fans may want to know as well. I don't get every Dynasty Warriors, but I do enjoy them greatly, so this is great news!

Source

Edit: Now that its out, I thought I'd include the link for the game. Sounds like it doesn't have online multi-player, just local multi-player. Perhaps they'll add it later, but there's no telling. While it would've been nice, I'm glad to have the game on PC at all.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

...are the latest of the franchise any different at all? Is Lu Bu still OP as fucked?

1 decade ago

I suppose that depends on which one was the last one you tried? Lu Bu has always been and will always be god-like, although in 7 its not as drastically absurd. I remember in 4 that you'd have to hit and run for half an hour to try and beat him because he'd violate your corpse if he got one good swing at you. 7 seems like the first version in quite a while that actually improved the series for several years, and supposedly 8 is even better.

1 decade ago

I think I played 6 around the time I just got my 360...so around the summer of 2008. Seriously, it seems like forever and it does bring some good memories of playing with friends but we all acknowledged that the franchise was pretty much recycled over and over again. I have never tried other games after that but I'll still keep an eye on DW8 on steam.

1 decade ago

I don't think I ever played 6, but I played 6:Empires, which was a lot of fun. 7 looked and played a lot better, though, and 8 is supposed to be an improvement as well. Its good, stupid fun.

1 decade ago

OP do you think they will release DW8 empires for PC?

1 decade ago

I doubt it. Koei has never seemed interested in the PC market. I think the similarities between PC and PS4 are the only reason this is getting released. DW8 is only being released on PS4 as the Complete Edition, so I think they figured they've already done the work and so they might as well release it on Steam.

1 decade ago

Nice that I'll be able to play on of them again, though I would have preferred Samurai or Orochi. Or better yet, Sengoku Basara.

1 decade ago

Orochi is kinda weird...especially when you know origins of the characters.

Seriously, Xuanzang in Journey to the West is a freakin girl in Orochi.

But then again, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, influenced by Journey to the West, also change the gender of Xuanzang.

1 decade ago

I just care about the action. And Warriors Orichi (PS2) and Warriors Orichi 2 (PSP) were ****ing fun.

1 decade ago

Hell yeah! :D
Even I would have prefered Samura Warriors or Warriors Orochi.. but at least I am getting something =x

And it has Xing Cai =D (She got removed in 6.. was added back in 7.. I played her only in Warriors Orochi though)
But I liked the Long Fork and Shield.. Not sure how I'd like Sword and Tower Shield o-o

1 decade ago

If only there were a good faithful modern video game adaptation of the novel...and now I'm thinking of the Oregon Trail: Journey to the West.

1 decade ago

I recently played Warriors Orochi 3 on the PS3. F*cking awesome.
But there's a part I didn't like : the online coop. Yup, this one has online coop, but there's a catch : you can only play stages you've beaten with someone only if he also beat the stage you want to play.

1 decade ago

All I want is Character Creation

1 decade ago

You might want to check out (if it's still alive) Dynasty Warriors Online

1 decade ago

Unfortunately, DWO shutdown in January, 3 months ago.

1 decade ago

Ah, I see... oh well.

1 decade ago

I've played Dynasty Warriors 6 once, it was terrible, not looking forward to this game.

1 decade ago

Can't wait! Loved playing Dynasty Warriors 6 on PC.

1 decade ago

Always prefered Samurai Warriors over Dynasty Warriors, but still nice.

1 decade ago

Cool

1 decade ago

How about bring them all to Steam? I don't feel like starting adventure with the series from the 8th game...

1 decade ago

Trust me, you don't need them. Its often rehashed adventures, updated with more content in later games.

I can't name a Dynasty Warriors game that hasn't started with fighting the Yellow Turbans.

1 decade ago

Easy : the first one... which is not even a DW like we know today (it's a fighting game).

1 decade ago

That was truthfully a different game, and so I don't count it. :P

The original Dynasty Warriors was Sangoku Musou.
Dynasty Warriors 2 was Shin Sangoku Musou. The games have been misnumbered for a while. The third DW is the second SSM, and so on. Blame lazy naming from the people doing the translating, I guess.

1 decade ago

I like playing games in order even if that's not really necessary.

1 decade ago

It -REALLY- isn't worth it. It's the same game. Each iteration better than the other. Besides, they all have countless hours of gameplay. You can't really "beat" them, either. Each character has their own story (well, "their", again, it's the same story from different points of view) and if you want to play all the games and beat all the stories it'll take you most of your life.

1 decade ago

Well, then I'll definitely check it out.

1 decade ago

You're better off thinking of DW games like you think of Madden or FIFA games. They're not sequels, they're the yearly remakes with added features. Since they're all loosely based off of Chinese history, the games are all just re-telling the story. If you've ever wanted to lay waste to hundreds or thousands of enemy soldiers with a weapon (spear/sword/mace, etc.), then Dynasty Warrior games are perfect for that. Its a special kind of satisfaction that I really don't get from other games. It makes a great change of pace.

1 decade ago

Well, then I'll definitely check it out.

1 decade ago

nice :)

1 decade ago

That's really cool. But will it be like Dynasty Warriors 7? I mean, only activable through a chinese retail copy.
Damn, if they plan on releasing every DW-like games they made for PC, we're likely to get... 4-5 games.

1 decade ago

It has been so long. It would be nice to see where this has gone since DW5XL. Especially as Dynasty Warriors 3 was the game that drove me to get a PS2 all those years ago. Good times were had indeed.

1 decade ago

I bought a PS3 mainly for DW8... Still, be nice to see it on Steam.

1 decade ago

I think chinese steam already have it, saw few people selling it.. but is region locked

1 decade ago

That's Dynasty Warriors 7 XL, not 8 XL.

1 decade ago

There's no such thing as "Chinese Steam", everyone uses the same "Steam". Many games are region restricted of course however.

Anyway, as per Dynasty Warriors 6 (the real name, the numbers are off by one in NA), it because the deal with this game though, is that it was physical retail only, with Steamworks as the DRM.

1 decade ago

And it sounds like DW8:XL Complete is a proper Steam release!

1 decade ago

It's not available for purchase on Steam in any region and there is no region lock on it. You need a CD key to activate it and it's pretty hard to find.

1 decade ago

I miss playing that series. Have fond memories of staying up late, playing DW4 in co-op with my brother. Good times.

1 decade ago

:')

1 decade ago

Killing hundreds of enemy soldiers blew my mind on PS2. I felt like a God!

1 decade ago

Last one I played was DW5. So I approve this so very much.

1 decade ago

this is awesome new for me! i enjoy koei games a lot! most oftheir games i can put 50-200 hours without getting bored. having this game on PC seems amazing. I just hope there will be local co-op!

1 decade ago

Releasing on 13th May it seems (On steam, of course) :3

9 years ago

I asked on Fb and someone told me it didn't have the dlcs and that those were going to be sold separately something I don't inserstand, why is it called COMPLETE then?

9 years ago

Its complete because it has both the base game and the expansion (XL). The fact that it will have DLC isn't suprising. DW games always have a ton of small DLC, like alternate outfits. The game and the expansion will provide more than enough content.

9 years ago

which is the best Dynasty Warriors ????

9 years ago

Finally a PC version
FINALLY A FULL ENGLISH PC VERSION WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: @matyteam: usually the latest is the best, but if you have a PS4 you should get samurai warriors / warriors orochi, latest ones

9 years ago

My body is ready!

9 years ago

Game is out.. has split screen but no online co-op it seems.

9 years ago

That's too bad. I've never really been one for online multiplayer with strangers, but it'd be nice to have that option in this game.

9 years ago

9 years ago

Apparently one of the reviews said PC port is completely broken.

I have DW8 on PS3 - the main reason why we got one, really, but I might pick this up when it goes cheap enough.

9 years ago

I kinda hate it beign called COMPLETE when it does not include all the dlcs.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

Those were the Empires games. The classic games don't tend to have that mode.

9 years ago

7 has a mode that's similar. You develop allies and whatnot, although I really enjoyed 6: Empires and the fact that I could use a custom character to play through the "campaign".

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Sisyphus.