I remember whiling the hours away with Mean 18 back in the day, and Jack Nicklaus. Are there any modern golf games for the PC (Steam, GOG, whatevs) that are decently fun? I loved Mean 18 because it was very pick up and play and not brutally difficult. Didn't need a whole lot of strategy and irritation. Just aim right, click right, and you were golden.

Google search didn't bring up much except Tiger Woods and I'm not so sure about that one... especially since it's probably Origin only if it's electronically avail at all.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Golf Club has just hit Early Access on Steam, and it looks to be pretty sweet.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

I saw that... looks like it's in very early stages, though. And I do wonder if my video card could handle it. A lot of complaints about that right now... and terrible controls. I realized it's unfinished, so I will keep an eye on it to see if they get that ironed out as the project progresses. (PS: I have an Nvidia GTX 650)

1 decade ago

Golf Club. I really think it is fun.

1 decade ago

There was a game on the original XBOX that was fantastic. One sec... Links 2004. Showed a lot of promise but never caught on. Also, SimGolf if it ever gets released again was amazing.

1 decade ago

Maxis version or Sid Meier version of SimGolf?

1 decade ago

SimGolf was awesome. Would love to see brought back to life and perhaps given a 2014 makeover on Steam...

1 decade ago

I actually have a disc of Sim Golf somewhere.

Edit - Make that Sid Meier's SimGolf

1 decade ago

Kudos! I've got the files installed on my PC from a gazillion years ago, but it's anyone's guess where the disc ended up... I suppose I could use a "no CD" crack, but I'd rather not do that.

Looks as though there are a few copies going on Ebay, so maybe I'll treat myself to a late "Easter egg" :)

1 decade ago

Glad I'm not the only one that thought "how is this game so awesome!?" when it released.

1 decade ago

And just looked up that Links was a long running series on PC. I've only played 2004 on XBOX a looooong time ago and remember thinking it was better than Tiger. Could probably find a copy of 2003 PC (TOTALLY LEGITIMATELY) and try it out.

1 decade ago

Ah. Sid's SimGolf was awesome.

1 decade ago

If you aren't too picky about the content, maybe Pangya? I've played on PSP and Wii, and enjoyed it there. The PC version looks to be a free to play title, with the kind of real cash unlocks that would result in.

Scores on GameFAQs look good.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

XD XD i was gonna say the same.. 4 fun.........

1 decade ago

wii sports resort

1 decade ago

I recommend pangya But unfortunately, it is ridden with cheaters.

I'll be trying golf club in steam's early access soon. Might want to try it out also

1 decade ago

Ever tried the PSP release or either Wii release of Pangya? I'm curious how the PC version compares, as far as differences go.

1 decade ago

nop, didn't try it. Single player pangya is boring tbh. Tournaments is where pangya is fun (without cheaters).

You'd have people calling wind strength and degrees on holes ahead of them, and box square adjustments to get HIO's, Albatross

1 decade ago

I was hoping for something on the PC... downloadable... abandonware... whatever. I mean, I'll pay, of course, but the selection is really slim pickings. Golf Club looks nice, but I'm worried about the alphaness of it. I'll keep an eye on it tho.

1 decade ago

The only golf games I´ve ever played are Leaderboard and Links 386... could be abandonware by now ;)

1 decade ago

Worms Crazy Golf

1 decade ago

already posted above... also trololol

1 decade ago

+1!!!!!

1 decade ago

Look in Nintendo games.

1 decade ago

i actually had a lot of fun with the tiger woods ones in my wii, it got better when the new controller arrived with better sensors, i remember that the last one i played even had a crazy mode that you played golf with a frisbee xD it was fun i think it was tiger woods 2012 or something like that in wii... in computer i dont have idea... just played worms crazy golf and its hilarious XD

1 decade ago

my favourite one is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08. Overall all of these tour games are pretty the same, all are good, at least for me. Nothing is better than the real thing, but for gaming I like these ones.
There's a game called Perfect Golf on greenlight. Looks awesome, can't wait till it comes out

1 decade ago

Mario Golf for Nintendo 64. Play on PC with Project64, Nintendo 64 emulator for Windows.

1 decade ago

I can't recommend a good one, but stay far away from "Swing Away Golf" for Playstation 2. Unless you want caddie advice such as "You hit too hard".

1 decade ago

Shot Online might not quite count as modern (especially in terms of graphics) but it's my personal favourite and definitely fits the pick-up-and-play style you want.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by MatrixRaven.