http://www.gog.com/news/release_stalker_series

Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are 20$ each, Clear Sky is 10$, which is pretty expensive. For the next ~70 hours you can get all of them for half the price if bought separately, or for 15$ if you buy all of them together here.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Noobish question : This isn't activated in Steam ?

1 decade ago

No. DRM-Free only.

1 decade ago

no, thats the entire point :P

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

its better!

1 decade ago

it's DRM-free

1 decade ago

Alrighty, thanks for the quick answers c: .

1 decade ago

a similar storm of "'welcome" would have been funny...

1 decade ago

Seems legit but who's getting the money since the company legally dissolved?

1 decade ago

who gets it from steam? the company dissolved, but they likely sold off the rights to their various properties as part of that.

gog exists for things like that, they started out selling what used to be abandonware stuff(games somebody owns but hasn't taken the trouble to sell in some time, but some people still want it but theres no way to legally get it anymore) because its old and the current market is small/not worth the trouble/stock or whatever goodoldgames would track down the owners and offer to sell it, updates it to work on new computers, their store handles distribution and sends the owner their cut of money for something they otherwise weren't using. so when you own an old series on the hope of one day selling the rights for a reboot you make a little $ while you wait sort of thing. like say you want master of magic for example, before gog you had to find somewhere to download it, and I think even after they updated it(part of the deal I think is time xclusive and after that the game owners get the installer to do with what they want(ex gamesrgate d&d pack uses gog's installer for the games)) I don't think anywhere eles bothers to sell it.

1 decade ago

whoever owns the rights now, half it not more of the titles on gog dont belong to the orginal companies ie everything that EA has on their pretty much is from a company EA bought out, wing commander and the syndicate games spring to mind, gog makes its living from finding out who owns stuff then convincing them to allow releases on the site

1 decade ago

I was tempted to get Clear Sky as it's the only one of them I don't have. The other 2 I have on Steam, so I kind of want to keep them all there. The other thing is Steam has had it for $2.49 in a previous sale, so GOG's is still twice as expensive even with their 50% off early buy deal. I know I know, it's new to them, it's DRM-free, and it's $5... I'm just so backlogged with games that I WILL be this cheap :p

1 decade ago

...yeah..they're always like that. thats the only thing wrong with them. (otherwise i'd buy from them the same cultish way people buy from steam)
(I had to get baldur's gate from gamersgate because gog's on sale was the same(higher actually, for the whole pack) as their[other competing sites] regular price because they[gog] don't do "packs" and hate to go below 50 or 60% off tops, so obviously gamersgate's sale was far cheaper. (that and their pretty set in stone price blocks of 5.99, 11.99, 19.99 things get shoehorned into) >_> it was something like $25 "on sale" from gog vs $8 gamersgate sale

1 decade ago

WOW. Check the bonus content.

1 decade ago

Yeah, they're usually good with that sort of thing, its one of their general sellingpoints.

everything they sell gets bonus content, soundtracks, concept art downloads whatever there is. if there isn't much they make avatars and backgrounds for bonuses. i think i saw a couple games come with their guides(manuals don't count, it should and does always have manuals (if they exist at all))

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Doshmaku.