Hi there, I have a nice little story to tell. Lean back, grab your popcorn and enjoy.

I just bought an CS:GO Inventory for 1500€ on Ebay. You may think now, WHAAAAAT? IS THIS GUY DUUUUUMB?

• Honestly, maybe I am. But this Inventory, at least the screens I have seen is way more worth than 2500-3000€. I was pretty sure to
    make profit with it selling it in ebay as seperate items.

After I had won the auction the things went weird.

The first thing was that, the inventory had the option to be bought for 3500€ instantly beneath the auction purchase. The inventory auction ended when the german ebaysite was DOWN. Nobody was able to bet on it anymore. I am sure the inventory would have went up to 2000€ or more, but I was lucky enough and my bidding was enough. So I grabbed it for 1500€....

A reason for the inventory owner to be mad I guess.....

My first email contact with the inventoryseller was like this:

Seller: GZ to my inventory, my paypal is broken so please pay with bank transferal.

Seller: I give you time until tomorrow.

My first reaction was like WHAT?

Such an arrogant asshole.

Did I mention he has 0 RATINGS IN EBAY?

I told him that I have 10 days until the payments has to arrive but its not in my mind to take that time because I
want the inventory as fast as possible.

He didn`t respond for several hours and I wanted to do the next step, I just tryed to pay with paypal even if he told me he doesnt want paypal.

** I mean he offered PAYPAL PAYMENT in the auction and NO bank transferal, so why the hell would I do this.

20 Seconds later I got this as result:

Error code: 70165 PAYEE_ACCOUNT_RESTRICTED

Okay I had never seen sh it like this before and I had no idea what it means. The first thought I had was, okay he already scammed someone else who just forced his money back and now his pp acc is frozen.

After visiting 10 sites about paypal error codes I still couldnt figoure out what the EXACT problem is with his account so I just kept waiting his response, I gave him my phone number to call me relating the payment...

Some hours later he wrote back:

Seller: Sorry I couldnt reach you by phone. Just do the transaction by normal banking, not paypal.

Srsly?

I was at home THE ENTIRE DAY. Not that I had a choice, I have a broken leg and im in the bed the entire day or on the couch...The phone was NEXT to me, no missed calls, batteries at full charge.

I told him again that I CANT PAY with normal bank since he didnt choose this as payment option and ebay doesnt give me his bank details just for fun.

He responded some minutes later with:

Seller: Really? Can`t you see them in the finished auction?

My response was just like: No, I can`t.....

Even if this looks SO BRUTAL like the most crazy scam ever, I mean 1500 euro!

I still dont know what to think about this...Im going back and forth with this guy.

my thoughts:

• He is so pissed that he only got 1500 euro for the inventory and now plays mega stupid since he clearly wanted 3000.

• he is a scammer.

• He is one of the most stupid persons I have ever met.

But if he is a scammer, why didnt he just give me the bank details when I asked for it? I dont get it...

Im so DAMN excited what you guys and girls think about this. Sorry in advance for my terrible english, I do even more mistakes when im hyped.

I only know one thing, no matter how this ends. I will -hunt- this- fucka- down. If he is a scammer this is a REALLY brutal violation of everything I have achieved due to normal education. I am in the mood to make an example of people who dont respect others on the internet and try to steal from people. If this ends with police and court I am ready for it to spend some time and probably teach him a lesson. And no...I will not beat the shit out of him, I will just go to the police ^^

Kind regards
Hexor

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

well, i'll not read lol.

but 1500 euro are alot, to spend with a game.

with 1500 euro, i think can feed 2 African families for 1 year.

9 years ago

I do work for my money and I would not spent 100euro for a cs:go weapon.

In this case I only did it for the profit.

9 years ago

But you wouldnt do that even if you had the money, so dont come up with that, we all know he wont use the money for that an honestly none of us would do that.

9 years ago

Sounds sketchy

9 years ago

What exactly?

9 years ago

1500€... that's a lot. really, a lot.

9 years ago

the thing with cs:go is the economy in there is really jumpy,so 1500 euros are not that much when u take in account that in a few days the inventory might be worth way over 2000

9 years ago

I have no idea what to say to this, if you get the items congratz! lol

9 years ago

Tell him to get another pp account... this sounds a lot like a scam and you can't recharge bank transactions afaik.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Exactly my thoughts, guess thats what he aims for.

9 years ago

Paypal will protect you

9 years ago

If I COULD pay with paypal it wouldnt be a problem, but his account is banned...So what choice do I have. Its not so easy to cancel a real bank transaction.

9 years ago

it won't - paypal nor ebay does not protect transactions of digital goods.

9 years ago

OP, you should do some research.
Paypal protects for a maximum amount, depending on the ebay.
I think it is like 1000€ for german eBay.

Edit : But yeah, see comment above.

9 years ago

Ah, if you did it for profit, then good luck selling it :P

9 years ago

If tomorrow those items worth 50% or less ?

Omg.

9 years ago

M4A4 Howl - Factory New? The value of this weapon is as certain as gold. On this inventory, there were 3 of them, and thats just a small part of the weapons..

9 years ago

good thing is, he would loose no money or loose some of it, given it was for 1500€ and it goes for 2.5k+

9 years ago

Once I bought a lemon and got a free customized bag made of recycled paper :D

9 years ago

That's awesome! Glad I kept reading the comments. :)

9 years ago

Probably those words are so wise that my english aint good enough to understand them, sad me.

9 years ago

I know the feeling, bro.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

9 years ago

But what if he is one of the most CLEVER scammer ever :D ?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

9 years ago

Yea thats what I had in mind aswell....

9 years ago

This sounds like a scam to me, i would stay away from it, even if profit margins are too good. Something fishy is going on. I would rather keep my money than risk it on something like that and have some asshole take it for himself.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Not sure if Ebay even allows the selling of digital goods, besides you wanting to give 1500 euros to a random person you've never heard of before. ^^

9 years ago

Basically, the same situation could happen to you, no matter what article you buy. You pay for something with bank transaction and the article doesnt even exist...

9 years ago

That's why I don't use Ebay or similar services that rely on individuals and their garage sales instead of a reliable company.

9 years ago

it does not - but it's seller problem. Buyer may pay, get items then charge back via PayPal and ebay will do shit about it. both ebay and PayPal have simple policy - you wan't to dispute? show postal card. Digital trade = no postal card = no refund.

9 years ago

It screams SCAM at me even across the borders. But if it's actually legit, you deserve every cent earned by reselling items. Otherwise... You can't say it was unexpected. :)

9 years ago

why did you even go for the honey pot?

DID YOU SAID THE HONEY POT WAS DELICIOUSLY APPETIZING?!

• Houston we have a problem with face palms over here, please advice

• There is a guy without nothing to do, so he is getting himself in deep shit?!

• Did you try to tell him not to go FULL RETARD?

• Yes, but hes still salivating over the HONEY POT!!!?!

9 years ago

9 years ago

Still I didn`t pay....I hope I dont go full retard.

9 years ago

"I am in the mood to make an example of people who dont respect others on the internet and try to steal from people"

theres a good indication you want to go full retard, but its your damn life, so... just be sure to report back, if you can!

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

9 years ago

I got about three-fiddy.

9 years ago

I would suggest you keep your money and run (figuratively, as your leg is broken). The reason why he's acting to strange is that he's probably having a fit of panic and can't stop shitting himself because he's trying to scam you.

9 years ago

Scam.

9 years ago

OK, And what if you transfer money and never get the inventory. Also, if the onyl reason he did not get more money is becuase the site was done he should get a second chance at auctioning.

Note: his pay-pal is probably down because he was scamming people with it.

9 years ago

Don't risk your money on something sketchy like this and report the incident to eBay.

9 years ago

Sounds like he's mad he didn't as much as he expected. After doing a search on that paypal error it looks like its from him changing his email address. I don't think you are going to be getting any items, sorry. If he really wanted to sell them he would be doing whatever he could to get in contact with you.

9 years ago

But really, those items belongs to me. This was an auction, just because he is not happy with the result he has no right to deny me anything.

9 years ago

ok them you will be scammed, coz the items wont go your way without payment, like i told you before YOU ARE TRYING TO GO FULL RETARD, THE ITEMS ARE A HONEY POT, AND YOU ARE BEHAVING LIKE A LIL POOH making a hissy fit

9 years ago

Fu xD

9 years ago

alright lil pooh, you keep fighting your keyboard saga, soon you will win that internet discussion and then... well you just need to accept reality as it is, how hard can it be...?!

PS. let us know the outcome, going full retard will pay up, right?!

9 years ago

Without noticing it you already took part in my saga as one of the main actors.

9 years ago

lets all SLOW CLAP he is master baiter

OH BOY

ps. -,-'' lil pooh pls

9 years ago

"There is a guy without nothing to do,"

cough

9 years ago

rofl, i laughed more than i should @ this

9 years ago

It really sounds like a scam just report him and move on.

9 years ago

sounds to me like it was your own fault. good job

9 years ago

Uhm...What?

9 years ago

wtF Bro....

9 years ago

Someone selling high value virtual items on eBay, on a new account with zero feedback, and asking you to do a bank transfer rather than Paypal? That just screams SCAM.

9 years ago

100% true..!!!!!!!!!

9 years ago

But think of the profit!!!1

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Blairhexor.