I need to buy an external hard drive and thought this one looked good.
Anyone got anything better or any reason why I shouldn't get it?

I don't really want to be spending too much which is why I'm only getting 500GB, I think it should be fine.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I have a 750gb version of this, its pretty good. Comes with encryption software and is fairly durable (I carry mine around in my laptop bag). USB 3.0 interface doesn't really matter a lot as its a spinning disc.

9 years ago

Funny that you posted this, because I have 2 1TB version of that and one of them died literally 5 minutes ago after ~15 months of use. I do carry it a fair bit and use it on a daily basis, but I expected it to last a bit longer. My Seagate one receives far rougher treatment yet died after 4 years only because, er, I "experiment" on it. Might be just the way I use it though, I've heard a lot of people had better experience with WD.

Now, please excuse me while I recover my data. This will be painful.

9 years ago

All my WD are still working great... unlike my seagates (infamous click of death), seagate tend to have a high failure rate.

For 35 its a good offer BUT may as well get 1TB for the cost difference.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Capacity-Portable-Drive-Windows/dp/B00CRZ2PRM/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1417193612&sr=1-3&keywords=1tb+western+digital

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.