Just an hour ago i found out that my Opera 12.7 is in fact "outdated" by two years :P or so. Ok i went to Opera site and downloaded new one (25.0xxx) installed it and opened it made a few clicks and just wow, wtf is this shit. How the duck did they managed to downgrade this great browser so much?!!

There is no mail- u need special Opera mail program now, there is no tab stacking??!!, bookmarks wth are those those big ugly icons and submaps are barely visible.

How do u find new Opera? Or do u stick with 12.7?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeap pretty crap the new Opera.

12.7 >>>>

9 years ago

New Opera moved away from having their own rendering, to using webkit i believe. That basically means that it's just chrome with a different skin now. Stick with the old one, or migrate away from Opera completely.

9 years ago

I "upgraded" last year from 9.x to the latest and it was HORRIBLE. Thankfully, I was able to use System Restore to get my old Opera back.

9 years ago

norfar, stick with the old one. Every update is a further insult. It is amazing how bad it is getting, and continues to get.

9 years ago

Till last week that shit had no freaking """"bookmarks""""

9 years ago

Sadly yes, the good old opera is outdated and abandoned. and the new one sucks, it's just another chrome clone (at least for now) so no point on using that.
stick to the old one, or switch to firefox (you can tweak it to look somehow like the old opera, at least the side bar).. also you could download the M^2 mail client, is the same integrated on Opera 12, but without the browser (you know, if you used the integrated mail client)

9 years ago

yea i noticed that Opera mail is practically identical as the M2 client. Thanks for firefox suggestion though, im using it as alternative browser now so i guess its going to be best to jump on it if Opera starts to annoy me.

9 years ago

you can look for "opera" on the firefox addon center, you have some addons that mimic opera 12 functions, i get tab stacking and the side bar working.

9 years ago

THAT is FANTASTIC news, thank you!

9 years ago

Yeah, Firefox is new Opera, for good and bad :<

9 years ago

The last good opera was 12. After that I went to firefox. Years of goodness went down the drain with opera. Thunderbird for mail.

9 years ago

I miss Opera 12 :(

9 years ago

9 years ago

Honestly to this day i keep finding useful features in opera 12 that i didn't know about before, and everytime i tried migrating, the lack of features on other browsers (or just having to look for every one of the extensions, which end up not working the same) makes staying on opera 12 much easier. Of course if you just use the browser as a chrome for web pages, moving on to a more compatible browser will be ideal, but i don't think most people that used opera, used it like that.

Just stick with opera 12 (some say 12.14 has less bugs than 12.17), and keep secondary browser for websites that dont'play nice. I put a button on the url bar to open links in the other browser, and you can put them on context menu too, not sure how to do it easily, i edited the ini file of menu.

9 years ago

I guess i will stick with 12 for quite long as well then. From time to time i do encounter some bugs like - as of recently i cant read nor comment on youtube because text is all messed up, so i got firefox as a backup.

9 years ago

it works for me, but i heard of that bug, not sure what is, but try this http://www.reddit.com/r/operabrowser/comments/2ivkg4/opera_12_versus_youtube_how_to_fix_broken/

9 years ago

yay, thanks man it works :D

9 years ago

I still have opera 12.7 it is the best.
New opera looks like a shit.

9 years ago

when people update something its ALWAYS terrible untill they get used to the changes, happens everytime with youtube

9 years ago

its not that i cant get used to changes its that new versions are missing some of the basic features that old browser had

9 years ago

It's not changes, it's a complete gutting of the features. This isn't a YouTube change where they move things around, they changed the entire engine and removed everything that made Opera, Opera.

9 years ago

You can get used to having a limp.

Doesn't mean getting the limp was just fine and dandy.

9 years ago

Opera wasn't changed, it was killed, flayed and the skin was put on a Chrome skeleton.

9 years ago

They take everything good that makes Opera better than any other browser out there replace them with a Chromium shit of shittines. It's a good Chrome clone now but if I wanted to use such thing, I would install Chrome and mod the shit out of that

9 years ago

sure... but this is not the case. is like, let's say you are used to use windows... well now, this new windows version, guess what? i doesn't have windows. in fact, you can only use console commands now, no GUI... but hey, it's faster and new, you will get used to it.

9 years ago

Humm to tell the truth the last firefox update made me think mozilla is going the same way opera did... chrome user now.

9 years ago

12 is better, but sadly gets more outdated and unsafe with each passing day. I wouldn't really recommend moving up to 25, but if you can learn Chrome that'd be for the best, since you're going to need to switch to something modern sooner or later. I still keep the old Opera around untouched if I feel like using it, but I use Chrome now for most daily browsing tasks. Using the half-way Chrome abomination that is Opera now isn't worth it.

9 years ago

Opera Next is still pretty good.

I miss the old Opera to be honest, but I like some changes they've made.

9 years ago

which changes? I can't find anything good on new version...

9 years ago

Some flash games load faster and... I guess that's pretty much it.

9 years ago

of course they made awesome changes... not having bookmarks is awesome, nobody uses bookmarks.

9 years ago

+1 for 12.7 (tab stacking option, that what makes this browser good)

9 years ago

25 is chromium based so you know wtf is this shit now.

9 years ago

after they changed the engine they really f*cked up opera .........

but yet i have 3 different opera browers on my pc and 12.x is the best imo....

one thing that holds me tight from going to 25.xx is they lack some of opera mouse gestures ......

to be honest opera mouse gestures are a true innovation just try to use em for some time and youll find out you cant live without em any more....

though old one still rocks but opera next(new one) after a recent update looks really cool....

9 years ago

For the record opera next is only the beta thing for opera 25

9 years ago

i know but some times age i opened opera next and says do yuo want the new home screen i clicked YES and it was really cool....

not sure if they add it to the stable version yet....

9 years ago

i bought an xbox controller couple months ago, to use the mouse from the couch. Never got used to gestures before, since i mostly use the keyboard, but i tried them with the gamepad and it makes it real easy to browse with it. Added a couple to cycle between tabs (replaced the back and forward, since we already have rocker gestures for that)

9 years ago

people still use other browsers than chrome?

9 years ago

Still using opera 12:
1.Facebook message lags like fk
2.Facebook newsfeed lags like fk
3.Rafflecopter not working
4.A lot of frames required open in new tab
5.Crash on some Java Applet
6.I don't wanna.... talk about it....
YES, I, AM, STILL, USING, IT

9 years ago