Wow! Maybe the curse is over now?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm not sure what curse you refer to exactly, but whatever it is, it's fairly unlikely that buying more games will break it. :D

I just noticed I've passed 2500 and I didn't bother to check what my 2500th game was. I don't really pay attention to the game count now.

9 years ago

on steam click your name then account details to see all your account history of all your games then from the amount you have now, count down and that should be your game

9 years ago

Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than that - one of the things I activated since then was the Might & Magic Franchise pack. I already had Dark Messiah and Clash of Heroes so I can subtract those, but I'm not sure about how the rest are counted. For example, do the Heroes V expansions count as games or DLC? They're standalone entries in the library, but they don't appear in the profile list.

9 years ago

I just checked that they have a badge for 3k games but everyone with 3k+ are stuck with the 2k badge :(

9 years ago

Damnit, it's my favourite colour too. I hope they fix that by the time I'm there.

9 years ago

It's like the good old times surrounded by towers of 5 1/4 discs....you known it´s a black disc...but neither which one nor the name of the game you would like to play.

9 years ago

Gotta buy them all, right?

9 years ago

That's the curse ;) I'm hoping it has now passed, but I've already kept on buying (the sale is still on)...

9 years ago

You must be rich! 26 games in 12 hours, just wow.

9 years ago

Curse isn't over I guess

9 years ago

Haha, no :(

9 years ago

One thing I've learned over the years is that just because people spend a lot of money it doesn't mean they're rich.

9 years ago

It's an expression to say that you have lots of money to waste.

9 years ago

Congratulations!

9 years ago

GZ I guess, so it's like collecting action figures? You own them, but you'll never actually unpack them.

9 years ago

It's true that many of them could go unplayed, but Steam stuff is pretty much 'unpacked' from when it's activated. Keeping stuff in your inventory is more similar to action figures.

I can't speak for the OP or collectors in general, but for myself, part of the appeal of having a big game library is that when I'm in the right mood for playing something, it will - or at least should be :) - available for me. Of course, it could be argued that it makes more sense to save the money and just buy a game when you want to play it, but you never know when something will become unavailable, or stop going on sale, and so in some cases it makes more sense to buy a game when it's dirt cheap with the risk that you might not play it. It's a kind of gamble, I guess.

It's also potentially useful for research purposes as a reviewer or developer, though I'd probably have gotten a lot more work done if I wasn't constantly keeping my eye on game deals. :)

9 years ago

At first, I thought about some mix of shopping addiction, status symbol and peer pressure. But yours explanation, and version with time travelling archeologist sent from distant future to uncover and collect mysterious artefacts of past times, seems just as plausible. :)

9 years ago

Play them all!

9 years ago

Congrats! If you wanna play all games from your library and play a new one each and every day, you will need 8,2 years to play them all. Good luck :)

9 years ago

i will hit the 2000 maybe in january.

9 years ago

so and you need attention?

someone to pet your head for being so cool?

9 years ago

No, I need somone to yell at me to stop!

9 years ago

STOP MAN, THINK ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER, YOU CAN'T GO ON LIVING LIKE THIS MAN, JUST STOP !

9 years ago

Haha, thanks!

If only I had a daughter... LOL!

9 years ago

What? Daugher and/or family come later. Steam collection first.

9 years ago

passed 3000...pounds?
Go outside!

9 years ago

How many of those games have you actually finished?

9 years ago

It is not about playing the games, it is about collecting the games. As stated on my profile: Collecting is the game.
But you van see here he actually plays the games :)

Gratzz on your milestone Osiris !!

9 years ago

Thanks! However, I hate to admit that a LOT of those hours have come from idling...

9 years ago

Impressive collection. Hoping to hit 1K by the end of 2015 myself

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

....oh shit.. o_O

9 years ago