would you go?
Edit: I have some corrections to make.
- In the board game's puzzle, on Q1 I didn't use the correct notation myself, which means that there's something missing from the end of it.
- In the other one, Q2 is ambiguous, but still very much solvable.
- You had to find the puzzle in the page's source.
- You then had to put the pieces together, and edit the images so that both QR codes were complete again.
- They led you to two separate itstoohard puzzle pages. One of them were related to Chess, the other one was about Quake III.
- Answers to the chess problems were Q1: O-O-O (Correct answer should have been O-O-O#, which means castling long, and checkmate). Q2: Rxb5+ (Leading to a clearly winning position in every possible line (explanation of the solution). Note, that this blog is not mine in any way, but the solution is still correct.
- The first Quake III question, as mentioned in the first edit, was a bit ambiguous. The answer I was waiting to get is "Denied", without the quotes. That is being said by the announcer when someone misses taking the Quad Damage by a split second.
- The second answer was "Humiliation", without the quotes again. It is being said when you "pummel" the enemy with your Gauntlet.
- After solving both puzzles, you got a link where the letters were inverted, but with all the hints, you should have been able to solve this final little twist.
I hope that you have enjoyed solving the individual parts, and that you won't miss the next puzzles either. I can promise you, that the prize will be much bigger then.