So I recently made a giveaway about a non-bundled game (At least that's what it said when I made the giveaway, you know, it didnt had an asterisc on the side), but now I checked, and it has an asteric, also the CV that was given to me dissapeared.

The game was pschycodelia. Why did this happen? I thought games that were bundled after the giveaway still deserved the CV!

EDIT: I just checked, and the bundle came out the same day as I made the giveaway, and apparently they didnt changed the "bundle" status of the game when I made the giveaway. (For the record, I got the key for the GA from GMG and I can proove it, also, I think this is fuc*ing unfair)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Since you have the receipt, you could probably ask support to credit you the full value.

9 years ago

Did that worked in the past?

9 years ago

nope :D

9 years ago

hahaha you guys are mean lol

That happen to me twice idk why but i just leave my cv there there is nothing we can do

9 years ago

No, because if that door was open, it would take a lot of time and manpower (and support is already outnumbered) to address these requests. Also, proofs of purchase can easily be faked, so a lot of people would try to cheat that way.

9 years ago

apparently game was added to bundle list. it gets added from a date it first appeared in bundle. if that date is before you made a giveaway, nothing can be done

9 years ago

If you read the thread, it wasnt added before I made the giveaway, wich is why Im that frustrated.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

You want proof that I bought it on GMG?

Here

Hopefully this explained some things to you :)

9 years ago

Doesn't matter where you got it, as long as bundle started before your purchase

9 years ago

Sadly, but I just wanted to tell that pretentious dude that I wasnt trying to do an exploit.

9 years ago

While you are telling the truth, most people who come here and complain about their CV did try to cheat the system, it was actually sensible to assume you were one of them.

It might seem unfair, considering you really bought the game, but that date-based system ensures people don't get away with that "quick quick let's give it away and gain CV before it gets added to the list -" trick.

9 years ago

Perhaps, but he didn't had to be a douche about it.

9 years ago

who?

9 years ago

Tristetea.

9 years ago

Mine dropped from $250 to $180 when they added EYE Divine Cybermancy to the list, two months after it had been exploited on some website.

9 years ago

That sucks.

9 years ago

You made the giveaway 3 days ago, it was bundled 3 days ago. So, you put up a bundle game, and now the list is updated, and the bundle limit is retroactive to when it was first bundled. Had you given it away 4 days ago, you would have been safe.

9 years ago

:(

9 years ago

The system is run this way to prevent the hundreds of people with more time than Shobo from giving away 50 bundle games the moment it comes up and being rewarded.

9 years ago

Well, I'm definitly sure the bundle wasnt around when I got it, but oh well, I'll try to give something later to level up my CV.

9 years ago

Yeh, that's just bad luck of buying a retail game on the same day as it gets bundled :/

I'd recommend the Enhanced Steam add-on for your browser. You can look up any game on the store, and it will tell you if it's ever been bundled. Might save you a headache in the future.

9 years ago

Karma is a bitch I guess.

Thanks, man! I'll be sure to look that up in the future.

9 years ago

Its done by date unfortunately, not time.

It happens to loads of people, including me. My birthday giveaway for last year had one of my intended non bundle titles bundled like a day before I started.

9 years ago

Happened to me, too, it got bundled while the giveaway was going on -> technically seen you could have gotten the key in a bundle... Get over it^^

9 years ago

Already got over it, it was the rage of the moment (yesterday)

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by MaxThunder.