I'm seeing too many threads about region locks, so I thought I might just give a hand.

Website to check the game is region locked or not

Go to steamdb.info, find your game, and check whether it is category 1 or 2 or 3.

• For category 1, stay away from the game because you can't play it nor buy if from your region.
  • For category 2, you can't buy the game from your region but if you have the code, it's possible to play it still.
  • For category 3, you can buy and and play it anywhere.

To find your game ID, use your cart in Steam to check which version of the game is it. Or you can see the address bar and use that code. Credit goes to the redditor, nehalvpatel who created the website for us.

Edit 1 : On that note, here is a thread that you need to check if you're buying any games from Amazon. As you can see, there are SOME games that are region locked and probably shouldn't be bought if you are outside of US. The games that are mentioned are:

• Dead Island
  • Dead Island GOTY
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • Metro Last Light
  • Saint's Row IV
  • Inversion

Edit 2: Credit to redditor mdnpascual for the following:

btw here's some games that have "Notice: Purchases made in Russia and CIS countries will only be playable in Russia and CIS countries" Tag in steam store but are are not region locked:
  • Remember Me
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Metro Last Light (also has that tag "before" when it went on sale @ 66% sale on steam. I can still play the game even though they edited it on the registry)
RU Tag attached but not region locked
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Batman: ArkhamOrigins
1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Closed 1 decade ago by zordel.