clicky
It seems legit Valve has taken down the website with Greenlight closure announcment+currently greenlight isnt working.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Valve(Gabe) is not happy bout greenlight and the voting system (abused alot and dont show when game is good or not)

You can find this when you google about ... this are not news

They wanna change greenlight-system and looks like they remove it complete and just let the indi devs post the games direct in shop and let the "sells" speak for the game

a better solution i think

cause all this "vote for my game to greenlight and i give 100 keys for free" or other things like this exploit the system and bring shittie "pixel,rpg maker, early acces for 5 years or crap like this" games in shop and make it harder for some other good games we maby will miss cause of this

9 years ago

The real cases that are crapping things up aren't so much the RPG maker things, but the never-finishing multiplayer survivor games and "Simulator" games that keep on flooding things.

And I didn't see "bribery" with many things.

9 years ago

Main issue with Greenlight? "Stupid Valve letting shit games on Steam through Greenlight".
"a better solution"? "Intelligent Valve letting shit games on Steam without any control".

9 years ago

it is control than
when people buy it its good and when noone buy the game than it gets removed from shop and is done

it is far better than greenlight

cause when someone wanna sell something he cant bring stupid early acces thing with only 1 map cause noone will buy it - he have to bring quality and have to advertise the game and cant just exploit the system with buying votes for 100 free keys he never sent out anyway

just think about a system like:

• all indi games will be marked INDI

• first 100 sells get a 90% discount (when give a review in first month than 90% money they get back to steam wallet when review got upvoted atleast 15x or something)

i would like this

9 years ago

Not the first time it's happened so hard to tell. Similar mild panic like this came about as the rumor was going it was going to be the first of last year.

9 years ago

From what I understand, developers will be able to directly publish on Steam once Greenlight is out of the way. If anything, the problems with Greenlight would be worse after that.

Also, I'm wondering just how many devs will pull the "I didn't get Greenlit, I owe you nothing" after all the Greenlight bundles we've had all this time.

9 years ago

greenlight bundles are risico buys anway - so when you get nothing you canΒ΄t complain about. Its more like a Kickstarter-Thing.

9 years ago

I'm aware they are a gamble. But I can still expect to get the game at release unless the devs are pieces of ****. Already had some pull a publisher and then refuse to hand out anything after multiple greenlight bundles.

9 years ago

If a game was in a $1 Greenlight bundle and they never got Greenlight, they don't owe us Steam keys. We're not entitled to a Steam key because we paid 10 cents for a Desura key and a Steam key promise only if they actually got Greenlight.

9 years ago

They promised future keys and got paid. If they never got on Steam, I'm not going to complain. If they get on Steam, they damn well can give keys. It doesn't cost them anything, and gets them some good will rather than a bunch of pissed users who will only poison further users against them.

9 years ago

9 years ago

Also, "puchased", "disspear".

9 years ago

Edited it just before you posted that :P

9 years ago

I don't get point 1 - not addressing the question is proper way of answering the question when all you can say is "our idea turned out to be total rubbish" :P

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

So... the screenshot they give is full of spelling errors (last QA: disspear / visable). Looks fake. That said - I wouldn't be surprised if Greenlight went away, for all the reasons mentioned. Just that this evidence isn't convincing...

9 years ago

F&Q says hello :)

9 years ago

Yeah I didn't catch many of them (so much for speedreading), @Deiru did a much better job and even posted 57 seconds faster in this thread than I did.

9 years ago

Hopefully it will be closed

9 years ago

Unless Valve can come up with something that can allow good indie devs to get in and to keep abuse to a low, closing Greenlight won't be a magical cure all some people think it'll be.

9 years ago

Very likely false rumors

9 years ago

It's obviously fake, the spelling is terrible. Also people should really stop hoping for greenlight's death. Don't you people realize that this will mean the floodgates will open? Any piece of garbage will simply get on steam. Despite it's many problems and easy to abuse nature it's keeping plenty of shit off steam right now, just have a look at some of the games that have been waiting on it forever, i'm sure you will find plenty of real "gems" that you'd never want to see released.

9 years ago

fake news, but i like that so many kids take the bait

9 years ago

Greenlight just needs to be refined, polished and cleaned up a wee bit by Valve then it would work the way it was intended to, question is are they willing to do that?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

unfortunately it would mean no more good indie games (even if they are 1 for each 100) but at the same time no more childish devs

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by jovanmilic97.