Hey guys, i need your help, i just want a good gamer pc for play my games.
Well, as the title says, i have $900 USD for spend in my pc.

I'm learning about the parts for make a awesome pc, and well, please tell me what parts i need to buy for make a decent pc.

I'll be very grateful to everyone who want help me, thanks!

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Intel i5 + nvidia geforce 750 Ti 2GB should beboth good, 2x8 gb of ram .

9 years ago

He doesn't need 16 GBs of RAM for a gaming pc lmao.

9 years ago

2x4 gb LOL sorry about that XD

9 years ago

I'm a girl D:<
but thanks xD

9 years ago

There are no grills on the internet.

9 years ago

What about this?

9 years ago

Nice, with that i don't need take care for overheating!!

9 years ago

grills? wtf is that? =o
hahahah

9 years ago

I should hope there are no grills on the internet, or all our steaks are cooked xD

9 years ago

For 900$ she can build a much better PC with a much better GPU than 750 ti...with a GTX 770(ok better the 970, it's newer and same price), cuz 750 ti is for a PC ranged for $500-$550

9 years ago

+1
750Ti is the entry level for games and is build using the Maxwell arquitecture (the same as the 900 series), is really cool GPU for ~$150, also have low energy consumption, the reference model no need for extra 6-pin conector since it take the power needed from the PCI-e(Asus GTX 750Ti Strix neither) there's no need for spensive power supplies (500-550W reals work fine) = low heat, MSI and ASUS cooling system for these GPU are really silent too. This GPU allow you to play many game in 1080p in mid-high quality.

9 years ago

Are you upgrading or building a completely new PC with new HDD, motherboard etc.?

9 years ago

A new pc, actually, i have a laptop.

9 years ago

$900 should be plenty to go mid-upper range on most components. My biggest suggestion is to get an SSD and an HDD. It only needs to be 120-250 GB for any games you are currently playing. It will really speed up load times in game. If you have extra, a second smaller SSD just for your windows install is a nice touch.

9 years ago

Thanks for the info!

9 years ago

I advise the opposite, SSDs are pricey and small, your main worry is framerate and overall graphical quality not loading times, the money you'd spend on a SSD could/should be used on a better GPU&CPU combo. Better framerate > quicker loading times.

9 years ago

+1, is a personal choice but i share the same idea.

9 years ago

For <$50 you can significantly cut load times on either your games or OS. When BF3 was new I went from very long (5 min) to lightning quick (15 seconds) map load times in between matches. That's just my experience.
You aren't going to get much more if you're already buying a high end GPU (which woth $900 you should be able to do pretty good).

9 years ago

I second this.

A recently released 128 GB SSD should be around 70 USD I guess. (I just checked on eBay: the current mx100 from crucial with 128 GB even sells for under 60 USD in auctions)
I recntly built an Gaming PC using only a SSD and I'd say it's the best extra amount of money spent on the whole rig. Not only managed I to built an almost silent PC but also the speed of starting or waking windows up or any other program is phenomenal. I don't want to miss this ever again.
Yet My games run on a FullHD display without any problems My graphics card is a AMD R9 270x - Not too expensive yet powerful enough to play almost any recent game at highest graphic settings. I guess if I had spent these 70 bucks to upgrade the graphics, all I would notice is longer loading times and more noise but most certainly not higher framerates.

I'd rather get some parts used from ebay (maybe half a year old - there are enough people who need to have always the most recent product) than to miss my SSD.

9 years ago

At a bare minimum I suggest the SSHD, the old spinning disk HHD has long been the component holding everything back. There is no point in trying to improve anything if you are not doing so at an even-keel.

Think of it like this: When cars were first invented they had relatively weak engines and ran on wooden tires. As time progressed, the engine performance improved... immensely. Now let's imagine your car had a modern engine, but drove on wooden tires. The old HDD is much the same, it just cannot keep up with today's processors and GPUs. Are SSDs necessary, no. Will a spinning disk HDD slow you down; yes.

9 years ago

extra money would be better spent on graphics imo then using the extra with SSD

i am not sure why everyone is on such an SSD kick when the biggest gain from it is faster windows booting but for gaming it has little difference in most cases and may speed up load time but meh she could get more hard drive space for that extra 120 or a better graphics card which would at this point server her better for first pc

but this imo

9 years ago

When BF3 first came out I could run it fine on med but often the load times in between matches was so bad I'd sometimes even get kicked. For $50 I got a SSD and suddenly I was loading in seconds. Of course that's an upgrade situation which is a little different but that load time was way better than slightly better graphics that I'll ignore in the heat of a multiplayer match. It's going to come down to what you play and how much you can actually get for for $50-70 more graphics wise.

And to be clear I was only suggesting a smaller secondary SSD for only running games (or OS) not as the primary, and only after getting the GPU that she wanted.

9 years ago

What kind of monitor do you have?
for 900 you can get a pretty decent build
intel i5 (not familiar with AMD cpu-s)
8 gb RAM
motherboard sufficient enough
Case - price depends on if you want silent build or not
ssd 128 GB or 256 GB (depending how much games you want installed at the same time)
HDD 1TB (optional, if you plan to store films and other stuff on your computer)
Cpu cooler (optional, if you don't overclock and don't care about the noise the stock fan does then you don't need it)
sound card (if you want better sound, although nowadays onboard sound is sufficient if you don't have a trained ear)

And depending on the previous stuff, put the rest of the money on a GPU (amd or nvidia doesn't really matter, both have their ups and downs)

9 years ago

I have a good TV 32" LED with HDMI :D
thanks for the info, and i'm thinking in a hard disc of 2 terabytes for the space of games, music and stuff hhahaha

9 years ago

fun fact of audiophoolery: sound cards don't actually make things sound better, they make things sound worse :) what you want are decent speakers (or probabaly better suited for the purpose: headphones?) and an external DAC. your ears will thank you :)

9 years ago

They make things sound worse? Really...

9 years ago

I don't know what you mean by making worse.
But buying decent speakers or headphones isn't going to fix the input, so I wouldn't recommend starting upgrading from there.
The only difference between buying a audio interface and an external DAC is that the audio interface can do more as it has built in audio processing (surround sound, dolby etc).
But again you will probably fine with the onboard sound.

9 years ago

Best to buy an external for movies and such. It's what I do. PC for games, external for other.

9 years ago

Logical Increments is great for this sort of thing: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Also goes into detail on subjects like mechanical keyboards, mouse sensors, etc. Take a look or something I guess. Handy site, seems to be kept reasonably up-to-date.

9 years ago

Hey, thanks, that page is nice, i'm learning about that, i really want to know how is each part of my future pc, and the page is very good for that! Thank you.

9 years ago

When i bought mine, i used this page, for tips on what i should chose:
http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/gaming-desktop-computer.html

I have it for 3 years now, i paid around 800euro and i still can run absolutely any game on ultra (or the highest option if ultra is not there).

Things have changed but the page is still great in terms of tips.

You're welcome.

9 years ago

ohhhh niiiice, I was looking for something like this!

9 years ago

I built my PC last year for about $1000, and it's great. The key fitting more into your budget is to take advantage of Black Friday deals (assuming the parts are available to be shipped to your location). PCPartPicker helps a lot too. Here's a link to the parts I used, not including I/O devices (monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse). I recommend going with a cheaper case than I did, I only got that one because it was on sale for something like 80% off.

9 years ago

Wow, is nice, i have a little question, for games, is better 16GB of ram? or 8 is good?

9 years ago

8Gb is enough for gaming, 16Gb is an overkill for gaming, at least for 900$.

9 years ago

8 should fine for now, 16 is a bit of future-proofing.

9 years ago

thanks to you 2, i'm agreed with 8 GB for now, in a future probably i will change it for 16gb =P

9 years ago

Here is a build I just did for ya on PCPartPicker.com

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/8_Oversoul/saved/DVm2FT

You are just missing the Power Supply and Case fan(s) maybe. If you wait for sales you should be able to get something like this for $900 including the PSU and Case fans/lights. Wait for Black Friday maybe, which is what I am doing.

9 years ago

Looks good, i'm thinking in AMD processor... is much the difference with intel?

9 years ago

If you want higher quality, Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU are the best. AMD hardware is cheaper, but I don't recommend it. In my opinion to spend a little extra is well worth it for Intel/Nvidia. You'll have less problems with Intel/Nvidia as well. For example, GTA IV is horrible with AMD hardware. Granted that's probably due to it being a horrible port, but just one example.

9 years ago

Remove the CPU cooler to get closer to your budget, it's redundant if u don't overclock (which u can't with that CPU), stock cooler is fine if u don't mind the extra noise (u can't hear it with headphones on anyway). AMDs are good for really cheap PCs, I'd stick with that Intel CPU from the list in your budget.

9 years ago

Good point, the cooler is probably not needed. I just left it in from my i7 build.

9 years ago

Are you looking mainly for newer games or older? Older games tend to rely on single core more, while newer games are, in many cases, more optimized for more cores. Not in every case though. Look up some benchmarks for games that you play. Also, AMD has a new API called mantle (vs. DirectX) that supposedly kicks the ass of intel with nVidia graphics.

I have an fx-8350 and radeon 7950, and the only thing I can't max out is nvidia PhysX. In general, I'd probably recommend AMD for gaming(if for nothing else, to be able to spend more on graphics), although if you want Skyrim with 5 billion mods, you'll have to go Intel.

9 years ago

Single core performance is much, much better on Intel cpus. Frame time in games is better too. You won't find games to be as stuttery as they sometimes are on AMD's FX cpus.

9 years ago

I would choose a cheaper motherboard like the ASRock H97 PRO4. You don't need a Z97 if you don't overclock.

9 years ago

You can fit in that price an i5, GTX 770(ok better the 970, it's newer and same price), 8 GB of RAM, good Motherboard, etc...also don't buy Optical drive, they are completely useless nowadays.

9 years ago

I needed one to install the OS, but that's it.

9 years ago

You can install the OS from a USB drive, is even faster, and easy.

9 years ago

Hi. This is my PC that I built last year. And must say - it's AWESOME! It cost me near 900$ (I live in Ukraine, so the price in another country may be different)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K (BX80637I53570K)

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 TF (N760 TF 2GD5/OC)

RAM: Goodram DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) (GYB1866D364L9A/8GDC)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM001)

PSU: Chieftec BPS-650S2 Nitro II

Optical Drive: LG SuperMulti GH24_NS95

Case: Chieftec Libra LF-01B-OP

Also my gaming devices you can see in my Steam Profile.

9 years ago

I built pretty much the same build but shittier, with an i5 3450, 1TB HDD and a GTX 550 Ti 1GB for around 800$, you guys have it so easy and cheap..

9 years ago

i5 4460 - 190 usd

z97 mobo (eg ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - 120 usd)

8 gb ram (eg. G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 71 usd)

500-600 watt psu (eg. Rosewill CAPSTONE-550-M 550W - 80 usd)

gtx 750 ti (eg. ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI - 165 usd) or R7 265 (SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon R7 265 - 150 usd)

ssd (eg. SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500 gb - 240 usd) or sshd (Seagate Hybrid Drive ST4000DX001 4TB - 170 usd)

chassis (NZXT Phantom 410 - 100 usd) or (Fractal Design Define R4 with Window - 100 usd)

below 900 usd without lcd.

lcd (ASUS VS239H-P Black 23" - 170 usd)
prices were gotten from newegg.com

9 years ago

The SSD is a waste of money, it's way better to buy a good GPU. He will be able to run games a lot better. The ssd is a luxury, not a necessity.

9 years ago

A cheap motherboard compatible with the I5 3570k CPU

• Motherboard: $50.
  • i53570k: 150 - 250 dollars depending on a deal you might find.
  • GTX 970: $330
  • 700 watt power supply: $75
  • 8Gbs standard ram: $60
  • 2 TB HDD: $80

thats probably at most 800 dollars depeneding on deals and sales you come accross. Hopefully you have a standard case to put all this in, and peripherals such as Keyboard and mouse, and monitors already available. Happy hunting. Also, may I suggest you wait until black friday/Cyber monday, to find the amazing deals?

9 years ago

You can buy a PS4 AND a Xbox Juan!

9 years ago

Neh, i have more games in steam, steam rlz!

9 years ago

9 Gamecubes?

9 years ago

i don't have gamecube's games =/
emuladors rlz!

9 years ago

3 Turbo Duos?

9 years ago

I don't think she wants a console XD

9 years ago

PC is better xD

9 years ago

save more money

9 years ago

This is what I am currently building
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WcRCMp

9 years ago

Played a bit with PCPartPicker, and here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TvXrwP
SSD can be changed (i chose one of the most reliable), or you can use HDD, for example Western Digital Black Series, or Blue Series.
CPU Cooler can be removed at all also, if you not going to overclock you CPU, or just buy it additionaly in the future. The one from the box can be used mostly witn no problems at all :)

9 years ago

Make sure to take advantage of Black Friday coming up :)

9 years ago

To decide what to get for your money, simply read these two guides:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106.html

They are both up-to-date (October 2014). The CPU and GPU are the most important parts when it comes to gaming.

It is important to not just listen to some Random J. Nerd on the Internet telling what to buy. So I won't recommend anything myself. The above guides is all you need.

9 years ago

"It is important to not just listen to some Random J. Nerd on the Internet telling what to buy."
Linking tom's hardware is just as bad.

9 years ago

They don't take discounts into account which changes pricing dramatically. And since those guides are all he needs, where does he find the parts for the rest of the system?

9 years ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RZ3Y23
That's counting Mail-in rebates.

Edit: I see people have recommended buying only an SSD, don't know why people are suggesting that. SSDs are not meant to replace HDDs. The more you add and remove files from the SSD the quicker it will die. SSD's storage are small storage size and with size of games becoming bigger and bigger it'll be something you will be doing a lot.

9 years ago

i5 ... fail :D

9 years ago

But buying an i7 is a terrible decision if you're going to play games.
It's a higher clocked i5 with hyperthreading. You can easily get that clock speed with an overclock and hyperthreading isn't used for games at all.

9 years ago

That's a good build for $900! I see lots of ppl recommending a middle range card GTX 750 Ti and I'm like, which is not bad for a low or middle/lor range PC...but for a $900 PC is just complete meh.

9 years ago

Ah i wish i could have waited and gotten a PC like this one now... now i'm stuck with my i5 4670 and GTX 760 :D.

9 years ago

I know what you can with 900$! You can buy a lot of waffles!

9 years ago

It is a great idea !! And a delicious choice, yummy...

9 years ago

I'll totally go for SSD as its much quicker than HDD for OS, 120GB will be OK. For games etc. 1 or 2TB HDD. Intel i5 is a good option, but "K" version is waste of money. You dont need it. Also you dont need mobo like Z97, something cheaper will be still good (H87 etc.). 8GB of RAM will be good enough for gaming. For GPU, something like nVidia 760 or 770 will be the best option in that price range (or AMD equivalent). I think nVidia 970 is the best option, but Im afraid that you cant afford it cause its too expensive :( (I dont know prices in your region, but for me, I need about 1200$+ to build PC like this - too high VAT)

9 years ago

+1

almost everything this guy says. Don't overdo it - you won't need it - at least that's my experience.

Rather get a decent graphics card (I would go for a AMD since cheaper for the same performance and more effective concerning power consumption) that can cope with actual games. If you need a faster one in 1 - 2 years buy it then.

9 years ago

I agree. It's not a bad idea taking a look at the new AMDs, they are quite good for their price and i would have probably gotten one instead of my 760, if they were released when i was building my PC.

I don't know about not getting the K version. I did that and i kind of regret it. It's not that much more expensive and you can overclock it in a year or two when you need a bit more power.

9 years ago

Buy Fortix 900 times, give it away 899 times, and play it on a very old computer. The requirements to play it aren't that high anyway ;)

9 years ago

I don't get the sense of this post.

9 years ago

And you'd still have 9 bucks left.

9 years ago

Do you have a monitor?

9 years ago

my gamer pc was about 2000€ ,
you have like 1/3 of that,
why buy something cheap when you will complain about every games spec afterwards?

9 years ago

The only point of this post was to brag about your 2000€ PC, admit it.

9 years ago

+1, his other comment "i5...fail" makes no sense too, also i7 gives 0 benefits in gaming.

9 years ago

He obviously doesn't realize how building a PC with a budged works. Not everyone can spend 2000$ of his own/his parents money.

9 years ago

Not to mention 2000€.

9 years ago

well... im not from poland, 2k ain't that much over here

9 years ago

im a computer scientist, i go for high end hardware because i can...

im not a schoolboy that needs to buy cheap shit that will be outdated within half a year

9 years ago

Well sorry for being an idiot that bought cheap shit because he cant pull 2000 euro from my pocket. I don't really care if you are a computer or a rocket scientist, not everyone lives in a country where 2000 euro is nothing. Also having a 2000 euro PC and playing games on 1080p kind of defeats the purpose of having such an expensive PC. I can play 1080p max setting on my 900$ PC... At least go 4k and enjoy being a true PC master race citizen XD.

9 years ago

You are trolling or you are serious? I see you are playing on 1080p....judging by the resolution of your Steam screenshots, if you have a 2000€ Gaming PC then it's a complete waste of money playing on that resolution...even instead of using downsampling is better getting bigger resolution monitor. btw tell us your PC specs then too? :/

9 years ago

There are a lot of people buying extremely expensive PCs that they do not need, just to brag about it.

9 years ago

I just wanted to know if he is not trolling, then he built it by himself or bought an already built one. And even I can play all games on ultra with a Radeon HD 7950 which is mid-hig, but more mid now, unless is very shitty optimized like Watch Dogs, but it worked over 30fps on ultra, but fps dropped sometimes specially when driving.

9 years ago

i just saw you use a fucking amd bulldozer/piledriver.... whos the troll now ? :DDDD

i doubt you can play any real game on ultra settings wsith that cpu...

9 years ago

You are the troll really, since this is what you only do, telling no sense...do you even know about Gaming PCs? or you just bought the first thing you saw for 2000€? if you have a 2000€ Gaming PC tell us what you have...my CPU is obviously not an i7 or 4th gen i5....but is still very good for games and enough with the 7950 to play all games on ultra, and it won't make much difference if I had an i7-4770k for example, since games depend more on GPU, also there won't be even noticeable difference between a top i5 and that i7 I said, because games don't use the potential of hyper-threading.

9 years ago

you know that bulldozer cpus have badass problems with simple math ? :D

did you ever google for "bulldozer + saints row" ?
yeah you have a really great cpu... not

im a computer scientist, and you are just a jealous youngster. I have alot of computer knowledge, in fact i have so much that i dont have to proof to a random stranger on the internet... you really think a bulldozer can compete with my i7? even though games just need up to 4 cores my 4 cores are capable of doing stuff the i7 is fucking awesome. your cheap bulldozer office cpu can't compete at all.

do you even run a ssd? or do you think they are useless for gaming aswell? ;)))

9 years ago

Searching "bulldozer saints row" on Google what I found or this http://saintsrow.wikia.com/Bulldozer, and similar things.

"im a computer scientist, and you are just a jealous youngster. I have a lot of computer knowledge..."
Sorry but I just realize that arguing with some troll who is a "computer scientist" and has a lot of "knowledge" is useless, the only thing I get instead of answers is more bullshit.

I obviously know an i7 is much better than FX, but I never asked to compete or compare, the only thing you do is showing "how awesome" you are, Laptoprocker realized it in your first post, I continued arguing, I did a mistake.

9 years ago

funny guy... you shouldnt check pictures you should check forum posts about your cpu e.g this or this or this (same issue 3 different languages) your google works different eh ? ;)

9 years ago

I don't have an FX8120 like in these threads anyways...I have a FX8350 and it gives me 0 problems. Also my CPU is not "bulldozer" architecture, this proves you are just a troll, and your "knowledge" is just useless.

9 years ago

are you really that stupid?
8120 is a bulldozer 8350 is a piledriver

both basically have the same architecture... the FX Series is either a Bulldozer or Piledriver and both are OFFICE CPU's .... so much for gaming pcs

that's the problem with little nerdy schoolboys, they really think can argue but they just call others "troll"

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.