2500 keys have leaked on a russian forum. There is a chance your Steam account will be suspended for using one of those codes, so you should probably NOT enter DiRT 3 giveaways.

Edit: Maybe they'll just remove the game from your account. Is it worth risking? You decide.

According to Steam's policy:

"There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct. All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended: Piracy or Hacking

This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet."

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What kind of "leak" you are talking about?

1 decade ago

2500 codes in text form were posted.

1 decade ago

Where those codes are obtained from?

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

I see, thanks.

1 decade ago

didnt this happened 4 months ago? Shouldnt codemasters have already disabled this codes by now?

1 decade ago

o___O

1 decade ago

I actually saw a list of 250K codes. I obviously didn't use any of them, I don't want to risk getting banned.

1 decade ago

Dirt 3 should be removed from the giveaway list ASAP !!

1 decade ago

This is why I can't have nice things!

1 decade ago

I was just about to post a topic asking why there we so many DiRT 3 giveaways. It seemed really weird.

1 decade ago

So that explains why there were so many Dirt 3 keys being given away by a russian guy. Apparently he got banned but I'm still kinda worried because my friend IRL happened to win one of his giveaways
Cult, care to enlighten us a little on what happened?

1 decade ago

Russians. Not big surprise...

1 decade ago

blame Russia!

1 decade ago

Не гони на Матушку Россию, Оке??

1 decade ago

do you like the Topol-M?

1 decade ago

Oh fuck, I have just won a raffle for DiRT 3 on a forum, and I found the key on the russian forum that this article might be talking about.

1 decade ago

If it's from a Russian forum I wouldn't register it... your liable to get your account suspended.

1 decade ago

Hmm just activated 1 from chat -.- Better not get banned or else I will have a fun day at steam support ;S

1 decade ago

I suggest you to contact steam before they "contact" you.

1 decade ago

• on this sites only gifts are allowed i dont get why he is still here :D
1 decade ago

Man, these keys are official! i am russian boy and i am very happy cos i have DIIIIIIRT 3 NOOOW!
WOOOOW!

1 decade ago

facepunch.

1 decade ago

Official and also stolen. You can be pretty certain Codemasters will inform Steam of all the stolen keys and they'll be revoked.
Whether the accounts associated with them will be suspended remains to be seen but I'm guessing it's likely.

1 decade ago

u are scary man! nobody will be banned because of this keys! its not illegal! its isnt cheating or hacking!
i already use 3 games what have been activated like that, and i am very happy cos i dont pay any money!

1 decade ago

According to Steam's policy:
"There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct. All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended: Piracy or Hacking
This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet."

1 decade ago

I just got a Dirt 3 code from 4chan lawl.

1 decade ago

They are just copying and pasting codes from that list. Hope you don't get banned, good luck.

1 decade ago

u are scary man! nobody will be banned because of this keys! its not illegal! its isnt cheating or hacking!
i already use 3 games what have been activated like that, and i am very happy cos i dont pay any money!

1 decade ago

It is denying the game-developers income for the time spent making the games. Stealing game keys is not only unethical, but just as bad as stealing from a greengrocer or a market stall. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have never seen anyone so hopelessly self-indulgent and ignorant.

1 decade ago

Those are from AMD promo, I'm pretty sure you won't get banned.
EDIT: Wait, what, leaked from Codemasters?! Holy shit.

1 decade ago

stolen keys are not from amd promo

1 decade ago

DiRT 3 removed from Steam.

Next day papers.

1 decade ago

fuck i used one of these :X

1 decade ago

User does not violate SSA by activating this code. Steam Support can withdraw the game from your account but they have no reason to block your account.

1 decade ago

Yeah, maybe they'll just remove it from your account. Risking your account is just silly though.

1 decade ago

False. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

"There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct. All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended:
Piracy or Hacking

1 decade ago

These aren't CD keys though, they're Steam activation codes. Dirt 3 cannot be activated on Steam using a Dirt 3 CD Key.

Publishers themselves have given away Steam activation codes on sites like Twitter and Facebook. Surely using those won't get your account banned even though they've been published on the internet.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

That hack was a while ago. The keys are most likely from an AMD Promo.

1 decade ago

No. This is a new one.

1 decade ago

So many Dirt 3 giveaways right now!

1 decade ago

The list is here [http://pastebin.com/ruP404gK]
Use at your own risk.

1 decade ago

I suggest you delete that post.

1 decade ago

Why? It's a good way to check if you were scammed.

1 decade ago

Good point...

1 decade ago

I got all my keys legit so ... for me no point of being worried. But hopefully noone will be scammed with one of those keys.

1 decade ago

no steam sale, massive dirt3 leak, massive dirt3 giveways here = don't enter on the giveways !!

1 decade ago

++++ do not enter

1 decade ago

++

1 decade ago

It's nice to see sudden point increase.

1 decade ago

If you won a DIRT 3 giveaway, you probably should check the code with those which were stolen. So you won't get punished for activating stolen key. I could give you guys a link with the stolen keys but I don't think that admins and Coedmasters aswell would like this idea.

1 decade ago

Already done sir.

1 decade ago

how do you know your key isn't in this leaked list, but existed in whole leaked list?

1 decade ago

Черт а я Драгону и Лерочке ключ дал

1 decade ago

Ничего им не будет на сцы

1 decade ago

I'm tempted to activate one, but I know better to do it on my account. I would do it on a 2nd account but not from my own computer, IP and router, etc.

1 decade ago

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

"There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct. All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended:
Piracy or Hacking

This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet."1

1 decade ago

Yeah thats why i know better and why I didn't/won't. Also there's been a few reports of steam dealing with the issue. So no point in doing it now, period.

1 decade ago

Reports are coming in of copies of dirt3 being removed from accounts. Codemasters is apparently aware of the leak and working with steam to solve this issue. So far only forum chatter, will post credible source when found.
Remember Check your Keys here "http://pastebin.com/ruP404gK"

1 decade ago

im waiting for the "Dirt 3 (2500 Copies)" Giveaway :D

1 decade ago

So tempted to make this right now.

1 decade ago

lol register another account ready for dirt 3.

1 decade ago

hahahaha nice

1 decade ago

I think keys from AMD promo are fine. All the keys I got from the promotion don't start with "F"

1 decade ago

Yeah, those are fine.

1 decade ago

that is a relief for those that got them... how far back in terms of the giveaways can we expect that the codes to be "impure"?

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by t20k.