Hello PC Gamers (With controllers... Generic controllers), some games accept x360ce app really well, and it's good, because it's really easy to configure... But some games (Like Super Meat Boy, and Dark Souls 1) have some obstacles in getting that working, and I want to know, what is the deal with these 2? Do I need to use them together? I've read many forums with it... And it pretty much confused me.
So, I have some questions for the good hearted ones to answer:
1) What's going on with x360ce app and libraries (as they have an archive in common);
2) Let's say I have 2 of the same controller, how can I copy the config I made for Controller 2 and use it on 3?
Thanks a lot pretty guys.

EDIT: I got it working on Super Meat Boy, had some trouble with DLLs... Still have those doubts /.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I may need to check it again but I'm pretty sure Super Meat Boy works with any controller, any. Even without using x360ce.

9 years ago

It changed the A and B buttons.

9 years ago

I never had any trouble with Super Meat Boy -- I think the only one I personally had trouble (read: it was impossible) with was the first season of The Walking Dead, because the devs called the library in a strange way.

I'm certain I had Super Meat Boy (and I think Dark Souls 1 as well) working just fine with my generic controller (a Nyko AirFlo, which I didn't even know had its own software until just now).

If it doesn't work at first, try having it generate one of the other DLLs -- xinput1\_3.dll, xinput1\_2.dll, xinput1\_1.dll, or xinput9\_1\_0.dll -- via the settings in x360ce. Or mess with some of the other selections in the same area (I think -- not at a Windows computer at the moment to be able to check the program).

What controller you're actually using might help diagnose things here, but I'd also be surprised if x360ce wasn't already able to load the proper profile for the controller, and it's just matter of getting x360ce to generate the correct files.

post edited for the underscores

9 years ago

At my old Windows comp for a few minutes -- seems I had x360ce generating both xinput1\_3.dll and xinput9\_1\_0.dll. Which one it's actually using, dunno. Don't have my controller here, but I don't think that would've been too relevant either. In x360ce, Options > Input Hook is set to Normal (I remember this also being a setting that a few games needed changed). Under Testing and Logging, I have "Enable XInput" and "Use Init Beep" checked, but I don't think I've ever changed those from default.

For Dark Souls, I only have the recommended xinput1\_3.dll. Otherwise, the settings are the same as the ones I have for SMB.

9 years ago

1st try diffretn versions of x360. Try mess in x360.ini and search for x360 vibmod

9 years ago

i cant understand what is question 1.
but for 2, all you got to do is copy the settings from controller A to controller B in the x360ce.ini
for me i found a working preset. so all i have to do is select it

9 years ago

I had some trouble with x360ce and Retro City Rampage. Other than that I had no problems, both SMB and DS1 were fully configurable.

You can view, save and copy presets from the main X360CE config window. You can download presets from the internet as well.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.

9 years ago

true, thx mate

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

It has been some time, im not sure if it was possible 3 years ago but now there is no need for additional programs as steam in big picture can handle this, you can configure your generic controller in controllers settings and make it visible as xbox pad. Also i noticet that input lag is much smaller using steam than using x360, eg. in gta5 using my driving wheel with x360 was laggy enough to make it impossible do drive anything faster than trash truck in controllable way, but with steam doing the job i can drive supercars pretty comfortable ;)

5 years ago

Welp, it's been a while hahahahah
Steam Big Picture saved me and made me kill all my x360ce and Motioninjoy things.
Thanks for checking it out anyway <3

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.