Well, I received some money for christmas so I want to buy a gamepad... This are my two options.

The price is not a problem because I got enough for anyone of them.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

From my experience, it seems the xbox one controllers will last longer. Although if it won't be used too often, perhaps just the 360 one will do. They're both pretty comfy too so either way that should be alright.

9 years ago

The Xbox One controller has the better D-pad in my opinion, so if you like to play with D-pad get that one :)

9 years ago

This is true, but X360 is cheaper and works the same except for that horrible D-PAD.

I should recommend to you the wired X360, I know that the wireless X360 for windows tends to die rather easily (a la red ring of death).

9 years ago

Controller: Xbox 360

9 years ago

Xbox One is much better, but be sure to get an micro USB to USB cable too. But I recommend you getting a wired Logitech X360 controller instead of the official X360 from Microsoft

Xbox One controller used to cost 37,5€ on Spanish Amazon and 36€ on French, but now it cost over 40€, not worth because you also need a cable.

9 years ago

Never tried an X1 controller, but they seem way better than the X360 ones...

9 years ago

The PS4 controllers are even better, and with some drivers(not that shitty motionjoy) they act like Xbox 360 controllers, plug & play, no need to run the software everytime, Windows recognizes them(and PS3 controllers) as Xbox 360's, and any game too.
PS4 controllers for 53€ include battery and use bluetooth and Sony promises more support to them on PC, Xbox One controller cost over 60€ with battery pack and don't use bluetooth, because Micro$oft wants ppl's money to buy their dongles to be able to use the controller wireless on PC(XOne dongle is not even out yet), they can't just put bluetooth, because they won't make money from it.

9 years ago

Comfort issue though. The dual analog location gives me wrist cramps.

9 years ago

Can't agree with that: I tried a PS4 joystick, and I can say that, at least in the comfort aspect, the X360 joysticks are better. Of course, PS4 joysticks have bluetooth and all that stuff, but seriously, who cares?

9 years ago

I prefer the Xbox joysticks too, for the analog sticks, but all other buttons feel better on the PS4, but it doesn't really matter, and D-Pad is just better on Dualshouck 4. But I still prefer the size of a Xbox 360 or One controller, it's more comfortable to hold. But I would prefer a PS4 over XOne and Xbox 360 over PS3 controllers.

9 years ago

If wireless is not an issue, get the Xbox One controller. If it is, either get the 360 controller or wait till the Windows 10 event in January, hopefully a new dongle will be released for it.

9 years ago

i have both, i had the 360 one for 5 years now, not a problem to report, and i use it very often, theres many different drivers like XBCD, to customize it.

The Xbox one controller is a nightmare, atm you can only use microsoft's drivers and they are bad, no axis assing or deadzone control, it already came with problems out of the box, the d-pad and the A button have to be pressed very hard to get a responde, i had to open it to fix it with some rubbery fom, it feels very small, obiusly designed with kids in mind, i dont have the biggest hands, acctually my gf has bigger hands than mine and i still grab the controller in a weird way where my index fingers are hanging out of the front and the triggers leave square marks on my fingers, and the controller overall feels very cheap, whyle i felt i could kill some1 with the 360 controller this one feels like i could brake it in half, maybe i just got a bad one.

In his defense the Xbox one controller has less spring analog resistance to movement, oh and the Xbox one only comes in wireless but theres no wireless adapter for PC atm, so its mini-usb cable only, and personally i think wireless controllers are silly for PC im sitting right in front of my screen already.

tl:dr, 360 is awesome, Xbox one not so much, but could be just bad luck.

9 years ago

i got a wired xbox 360 gamepad
dont throw in another 15-20$ for the wireless version. the wire is about 3 meters / 9 feet long, so unless you're planning to play games in a big living room, its not worth it
from what ive heard, xbox one controller is better than xbox 360 controller, better d-pad, more accurate, but also costs more

9 years ago

I found the Xbox One's triggers and shoulder buttons to be awkward to use, like there wasn't enough click to them/ they were too close to the body of the controller. The Xbox One controller is also pretty angular and you won't be using the D-Pad much so don't buy it on the merit of the D-Pad alone, which I must say, while better than the 360's D-Pad, isn't on the level of Nintendo's. I can't recommend the 360 controller enough, so yeah, just go with that.

9 years ago

Happy user of a 360 pad here. Cheap, supported out of the box by most games, and easily tweakable with xpadder and other softwares.

9 years ago

Get a black xbox 360/pc wired (so you don't need batteries) USB gamepad.
I've had mine for years, no regrets.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.