1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Suggestion: hide giveaway...I mean, 1 giveaway, like, giveaway OPsd5 or 7aDf1

1 decade ago

+1 it would be awesome if i can ignore just one giveaway that i know it's obvioulsy fake or it's region restricted, without ignoring the whole game from the list of giveaways.

1 decade ago

Yeah I've thought about that too, but I also thought that it would be too much to ask for a giveaway I can ignore myself :P

1 decade ago

Just installed this and it makes everything so much easier to use.
Good job.

1 decade ago

No for Yes

1 decade ago

Getting an odd error now where the last bunch of pages are repeats of each other?

1 decade ago

Same thing here. After page 13 or 14, the last 9-10 pages are repeats.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

Would be nice if the add-on put a small box next to the steamgifts logo that glows blue if one of your giveaways is over, and green if you won something. Would be good if you're browsing the forums.

1 decade ago

yay looks beautiful and useful :D
but win chance view make me sad :(

1 decade ago

it would be great if you add pc / mac / linux game filter

1 decade ago

Please, I need a link like 'Add to Filter' to ignore giveaways. Not whole games but only single giveaways. I'd like to hide fake giveaways. I'm always scrolling and then WOAH COOOL, NEED THIS GAME! and then I realize, it's the same f*cking fake giveaway I saw like thousand times before...

1 decade ago

Ignore the user...Chances are the people who do fake giveaways don't do legit ones, so you wont miss anything.

1 decade ago

Well, if you can put the Comment box on top on forums, why not doing the same thing on giveaways, I have to scroll down through 40 comments to reach that comment box.

1 decade ago

It would be nice to hide the giveaways which I can't enter due to contribuitor value :c

1 decade ago

You can, just uncheck the "Show Red" tickbox under Filter Settings: http://i.imgur.com/z6yeIiy.png

Kaitlyn, there's probably nothing you can do about this, but I'll ask anyway: I find your addon to be better than Zo's however, when it's generating the giveaways it practically hangs my browser. The wait between each page that it scrapes gets longer and longer the more pages it does, by the end, it takes about 8-10 secs to display each page.

Zo's in comparison doesn't take anywhere near as long to generate the filtered list, it's pretty much instant as I scroll downwards, however it also isn't quite as feature rich which is why I'd rather use your addon.

Currently there are 13 pages of giveaways, your addon takes roughly 1 minute 15 seconds to generate the filtered list, Zo's takes about 20 secs. This is both using the same set of filters and with Endless Scrolling.

Other than getting a better PC, is there anything I or you could do to optimise things?

1 decade ago

thanks <3

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Yeah I was afraid of that. I'll probably end up switching back to Zo's addon until things improve, but otherwise a big thanks for making the addon, it's very nicely made :)

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Haha, oh wow, when I saw the changelog of where you "slightly optimized" things, I had to laugh. It completely fixes my loading problems and I'd say it probably is actually faster than Zo's now.

Amazing work, goddamn magic. Thanks Kaitlyn! <3

One small request if I may be so bold, could you put the comment form field on the actual giveaway pages to be at the top, before other comments?

I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but the comment form field is before the comments in the forums and also when you use the quick view on giveaways, however it's not if you go directly to the giveaway.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

And now, I'll need to click the Resume loading next page... button to load every new page.

1 decade ago

No such thing here...

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Hmm... Weird, it's still happening in my end.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Thanks, the bug is fixed.

1 decade ago

I think there's some bug with the Developer giveaways, I was able to see them when I enable Show All Public in filter settings before the update now they get filtered somehow. Also is there a way to disable all other filter options for a particular game or developer giveaways and wishlist games?

Edit: I noticed to see Developer giveaways, you need to refresh the page when show all public option is activated, while for other games just doing it from filter menu works without refreshing.

1 decade ago

You deserve a cookie for the IE Instructions :O!

1 decade ago

I'd say at least a whole packet of cookies, those are the best instructions ever! My uncle wanted to me fix his PC an found out he was using IE. Haven't looked at him in the same way since.

1 decade ago

Ho-ly shit, the new update has sped up endless scroll loading by a factor of 7 kitties, thank you very much!

1 decade ago

What's about Safari?

1 decade ago

(See instructions for Internet Explorer)

1 decade ago

interesting.. i downloaded it and my mind's being blown so .. thanks.

1 decade ago

What are Show Red and Show Green options for? I can't find any instruction.

1 decade ago

Show green: contributor value equal or lower to your own
show red: contributor value greater than your own

1 decade ago

Thanks.
Btw, is it possible to create favorite games? As I saw there's only "Custom Filters" that only disables games.

1 decade ago

Best thing to do would be to add the game to your Steam Wishlist, from there, it'll highlight them when they appear here.

Like so: http://i.imgur.com/iGAnDvT.png

1 decade ago

I've got only Our Wishlist, can't do anything there.

1 decade ago

Not the wishlist from steamgifts, the one from steam. Add games there and then sync your account.

1 decade ago

Thanks, but there's only 25 top games in this list...

1 decade ago

NVM, it worked afterr trying again for some reason.

1 decade ago

I tried to download the program to my desktop but got an error. The error reads: 'window' is undefined, Code: 800A1391, Source: Microsoft Jscript runtime error. Any advice would be great, thanks.

1 decade ago

It's not a program that you download and run, it's an addon that installs over your browser. If you are using Firefox you need greasemonkey. Check the instructions in the post. If you are still having trouble, tell us what browser you are using.

1 decade ago

its kind a chromium browser, named "yandex browser", i have a same problem.

1 decade ago

I have checked to hide DLC for games I don't own, yet I still see tons of DLC for games that I not only don't own, but are filtered away. Am I doing something wrong? About all I can get to work is to filter it out, but there are definitely some games that seem to have millions of DLCs that keep on popping up.

Also as a suggestion, could a feature be added to allow adding to filter while specifying a wildcard right from the giveaways page? Only way to do a wildcard seems to be from the control panel, would be nice if when I go to filter something I can filter out the whole series. For example, I have no interesting in Crusader Kings II which has shown up a lot today. Would be nice to be able to just filter out Crusader Kings in general so I cover all games in the series plus the millions of DLC it seems to have right from the page.

1 decade ago

guys in the filter settings at the bottom there is a line where at the left side the amount of dollar is 0 and at the right the amount of dollar is 5000 what does that do?

1 decade ago

I'd like to request an option to hide the giveaways belonging to a chosen group (hi, CherryPoppers ^_^)

1 decade ago

[Request] Just reminding that we want that "Thank you" filter functionality :P

1 decade ago

Here's one. Hope it helps :)

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

If it would help then I'd be happy to contribute the code from my thank you filter. Just let me know if you want to do that.

1 decade ago

It seems you fixed that. Thanks!

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

There isn't a SteamGifts tutorial at Youtube. Internet, I'm disapointed.

1 decade ago

Editing the filters is a gigantic pain in the ass. Isn't there a way to open the filter and edit it in a text editor? Remove all filters at once? Where is the list even kept? Because uninstalling the script and then reinstalling it doesn't remove the settings.

1 decade ago

It's stored in the browser's local storage system, in window.localStorage['lscache-sgpgiveawayFilters']

Yes, I agree that it would be nice to have an easy way to clear this.

1 decade ago

A way to clear filters would be very helpful indeed because having that you could edit them in a text editor... just export and save to file, clear, edit from file and import.

1 decade ago

tylko więcej pierdół

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Deleted-6622724.