Foil from Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania, going to my Castlevania Advance Funds.

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/cFK1Z/mages-of-mystralia

What's your biggest card sell?

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I tried to look for what was my best sell in the market but quickly gave up thanks to just how much my currency has devalued since it got introduced to Steam, trying to calculate what's actually the highest one would take forever.

2 years ago

Since I offer 1:1 same set trades to help people complete their badges I rarely sell cards. When Old School Runescape got it's trading cards I did make boosterpacks to sell the cards.
The best ones were
TzKal-Zuk (foil) - 8,70 euro
Kalphite Queen (foil) - 2,61 euro
About 30ish non-foil cards for an euro each.

2 years ago

Shame those days are over.. ; )
Glad your still trading tho, I dare say you helped me a lot!
THX for that

2 years ago

Happy to help ;)

2 years ago

Sold a Dota 2 regular trading card for about 16€, when the trading cards first dropped.

2 years ago

I sold one for €6.70 a year ago or so. Haven't had one that expensive since.

2 years ago

I think my biggest one was like between 15 and 30 cent for Montaro cards (since the game gives a dogecoin badge).
I usually don't sell for that price at all but it was funny to see the "hype" over those cards x3

2 years ago

My highest: a foil from Gigantic for €13,75

2 years ago

The Curse foil card for Unforgiving-A northern Hymn $4.
Owen Duffer foil card from 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek $2.62
Nightmares from the Deep 2: Siren's Call rare background made $.45
I felt lucky since i got those cards for playing the game :)

2 years ago

My foil one for €6.70 came from one of those HO games as well. =) Of course I didn't get 6.70 for it since there are fees. Forget what the actual amount was then.

I have a ridiculous amount of games that I haven't played yet, so a ridiculous number of cards to collect. XD

2 years ago

Good luck on getting more valuable cards sold :)

2 years ago

I'm pretty sure I never sold anything higher than €5. Anyway, is there a secret I don't know, how to get more foil cards? Since the introduction of Steam Trading Cards, I've got 3 or 4 foil cards, iirc. Am I just this unlucky?

2 years ago

This motivated me to check my Inventory. I made $15+ (USD) today selling 3 TF2 loot boxes. Nice.

Thanks for your post.

2 years ago

i only get games when they are cheap, on sale, or in bundles. soo my best foil is 2$

2 years ago

I sold boosters for over 8 dollars a pack at one point.

2 years ago

A worthy fund.

2 years ago

$4.11, a foil card called Big White from Don't Disturb.

2 years ago

most of my cards go for a penny or two.
I did recently sell a foil of Snake from Metal Gear Solid for $0.49

2 years ago

I sold a foil quite a while ago for around £5, can't remember the name though since I've played so many. Only one of note I've had.

2 years ago

I'm not 100% sure about the highest but got lucky on 7th of September and sold Aokabuto (Undead Horde Foil Trading Card) for 3,49€. Usually (and they are really rare too to get) I just get foils for less value, around 0,10 - 0,40€.

2 years ago

I think it was a Subnautica foil card, but it didn't go for much (only around 0.45 euros) anyways. I got more money by selling my entire inventory one time and after that I just kind of forgot about it.

2 years ago

Today I sold a "Spartan Fist" foil card for over $12 Canadian! :D

1 year ago

Not know how that translates to normal dollars, but grats!

1 year ago

Thanks.

It's about $10 USD .

1 year ago

I've sold once a Team Fortress hat (that I got for free) for ~$45. It could be up to $90 if I wanted to wait some time but there was last day discount on a game I wanted to buy

1 year ago

I have never had a foil card. Feels like an embarrassment.

1 year ago

I've gotten a half-dozen or so over the years, but every one of them was nearly worthless. Always for a game that no one wants or knows about, which I'm sure is the case for most people. I think the most I got for one was like 10 cents, so don't feel too bad about it.

1 year ago

Sad reality about it, no matter how many you get, most of them are gonna be paper weight coins.

1 year ago

Could be because you are one of those misguided individuals who play their games, you know... to play them and you have less than 10K games in your library because you know... you play games instead of just farming them for virtual items.
I think I had one once. But then again I have a lot of games I never even played yet.

1 year ago

Most of my games just come from stuff like Indiegala Gameplay Giveaway, which those I sure hell don't play, my main scope with those is to get cards. If we talk about wins here, it's a different story, depends if I actually like the game when comparing it with screenshots, recent addition to the I like list is Fallout 4, 200 missions or so though, since its the GOTY version.
I don't have a lot of games, I don't bother buying them as most of the ones I want are expensive, and money doesn't grow on trees at least here in Romania.

1 year ago

Heh doesn't grow on trees anywhere sadly

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

I sold Trump for £7

I wouldn't even think he would fetch that sum but it's a good thing you sold him early because he probably won't be worse 10 cents soon :P

1 year ago

Normally my strategy is to only sell cards when the going price is at least .09. If it's exactly .09 I set the price like that, usually I go a penny under the going price if it is .10 or more (unless they are selling fast).

With foils I always check the Market page for the specific card. Foils are always harder to move, and the likelihood of someone pricing/repricing theirs just below yours before you get a buyer is pretty high. If a card has sold for what looks like an asking price in recent history I do my usual penny under. If not or if there hasn't been a sale within the last week I tend to sell for the highest asking price.

A LOT of people gave up on cards and badges since 2FA became a requirement. Card values (especially foils) are very volatile nowadays. A bird in the hand...

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Congrats!

I don't recall my biggest card sell. I know I've sold a foil or two for over a dollar.

What I do recall is once, years ago, I sold a background for $16. That felt kinda nice. Today, it sells for less than a buck.

1 year ago

Well it's a necro from 9 months by now, but a few weeks ago i sold a card for a similar price though, so thanks.

Doesn't come close to your background though, that's a nice sell. What background was it from?

1 year ago

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice this thread had been necro'd.

It was this:
https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/375520-Himari%20Yandere

I looked through my emails. It was June 2016. I got $16.54 after Valve took their cut.
By far the biggest sale I ever did.

1 year ago

Well I got my first foil card from idling cards, the only issue is that it's dogshit and valueless.

1 year ago

I got another one right after I made this comment... looks like I can buy Dishonored now

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.