I just beat Witcher 3, which was my final unplayed SG win. It took me over a year to beat them all, but I've discovered so many good games and overall had a very positive experience playing them. In turn I wanted to celebrate! Each day I'll create a new giveaway until the first one ends. Just some small bundle stuff but hopefully they are good.

Thank you to everyone I won a game from!

Here is my results on blaeo if anyone is curious.

Giveaway #1: Endless Legend
Giveaway #2: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Giveaway #3 : Guild to Dungeoneering

all ga's are level 2

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you enjoy the last SG win you played?

View Results
No, it was pretty bad :(
Yes, I loved it!
It was just okay...
I just farmed the cards from it...

You won a lot of games :) Glad you had fun, some real gems among your wins.

6 years ago

Thanks. I'm very happy with my wins :)

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Congrats, stef! I'm glad you have better luck than I do when it comes to winning giveaways c:

May you have many more wins to play, and may they all be high quality ones!

6 years ago

Thanks! I wish you luck in winning many giveaways in the future

View attached image.
6 years ago

Thank you! Considering the state of my stats ('You have won 10 fewer games...") it seems like I'll need it!

6 years ago

Speaking of luck, 12 games in 9 months for you is very close to 31 games in ~2 years (24 months) for stef. Could be even a bit more :)

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Bump even though I can't join :p

6 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to add the level in the title.

just so you know, you are sooo incredibly close to leveling up!

6 years ago*

Thanks BUMP

6 years ago

What an accomplishment! Awesome! ^__^

6 years ago

thanks!

6 years ago

I regret most of my won games especially in my earlier SG days just because I wanted to win something so even 50% wins played would be an accomplishment.

6 years ago

I understand what you mean, but on a much smaller scale. I wish I had someone tell when I first joined that it was dumb of me to enter anything and everything I could. Luckily, I only have a few regrets.

6 years ago

Btw is there any other way to find out how much wins you have played because the link that you gave is group only.
And congrats on your 100% wins beaten :)

6 years ago

There is this script that will tell you how many you have played. The group I linked to is also open to anyone who wants to join. Here is the thread if you are interested :)

Hope that helped!

6 years ago

Very much appreciated, have a nice day :)

6 years ago

Congrats! Some of my sg wins suck a lot of time to beat when I am quickly getting bored and jump to another game. I finished a few of them but there is still a job to be done. I really admire your achievement!

6 years ago

I think that's a good idea. Games and wins should be fun so it's good to jump from game to game to keep it fresh. I've had to force through some of my wins and that ruined some of the experience. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy your wins. I see you have some good ones too!

6 years ago

Yeah 90% of them are great games:) I’m only joining giveaways of games I know I’ll play. The only one I had to forced myself was “legions of ashword”, but even it was pleasure when I learned the rules:)

6 years ago

Congrats stef, awesome achievement :D

6 years ago

Thank you!

6 years ago

Hey Congratulations, some real nice games you've played there.

6 years ago

thanks and I agree :)

6 years ago

Thanks for the GA, and grats for your 100% achievement!

6 years ago

Played a spot of Assassins Creed 3 last. I had already played AC4 several years prior and really enjoyed that. I'm not sure if my standards have changed or if they vastly improved the gameplay/reduced clunky-ness between those two games or what, but didn't enjoy AC3 as much as I hoped. Haven't tried finishing it yet, but hopefully will do so one day!
Good on you for hitting 100% :)
And fantastic gib, actually just started playing a bit of Endless Legend, IMO its a top notch 4X turn based game!

6 years ago

I used to be a big Assassin Creed fan. It's not your taste, the third one has a lot of issues and is the weakest of the original bunch (imo).I think the Ezio trilogy was the best. They changed the controls and gameplay in AC3 and it just resulted in clunky controls and a boring main character.

Thank you! I've heard good things about Endless Legend. I'm not a fan of 4X turn based games so I'm glad I could share with someone who could enjoy it!

6 years ago

@both:

Is it that bad?
Started it recently and I haven't played enough to tell..

Also, what's all that Abstergo stuff? man, it makes "laugh" but I don't think I've fully understood it :v

6 years ago

It's not horrible and it's perfectly playable, but if you played the Ezio trilogy first, then three is disappointing. If you've played 4 first, it will probably also be disappointing. By itself, it's not the worst game. Keep in mind I haven't played any of the games passed Black Flags so I can't judge those.

Assassins Creed 3 is actually the fifth game in the series. It's the first time you see the assassins Connor and Haytham BUT the modern day storyline has been continuing since the first game. It's a direct sequel every time. That's why you might be confused just starting there since the story has been going on since the first game.

Abstergo is a corporation that is a front for modern day templar activities. In the games, Templars are bad and the enemy of the assassins. It's one of the largest corporations in the world and is responsible for a lot of technological advances. Their primary mission is to destroy the assassin order. Abstergo also created the animus,, which is the machine that subjects such as Desmond Miles can use to tap into his assassin ancestors (such as the ones in the games.)
Since you are starting on the third game, I'm going to write you a recap of the modern day story only, so you won't be confused about who abstergo is, what the animus is, and who Desmond is. It should catch you right up to the game you are playing now. Please don't read it if you plan to play the first four games before three. Only read if you don't want to play those games and you want to jump right into the third game. Heavy spoilers!

In the first Assassins Creed game, a bartender named Desmond Miles is kidnapped by Abstergo Industries. The reason is because Desmond is a descendant of Assassin Ancestors such as Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, etc. He basically has assassin blood. He was forced into the animus, which is a machine that helps him relive the genetic memories of his ancestors. It's the machine that allows you to play as the assassins you play in all the games. In this case Abstergo wanted Desmond to access Altair, which is the assassin you play in the first game. So the modern day stuff is what is happening in real time,the assassins you play are the memories that the subject is reliving through. Abstergo kidnapped Desmond and hooked him up to the machine so that he would access Altairs memories and find the peices of Eden. The peices of Eden are very powerful artifacts. Desmond managed to escape Abstergo with the help of an undercover assassin named Lucy. He then joined a group of other undercover assassins. Their names were Shaun and Rebecca, alongside Lucy.

In Assassins Creed 2, the modern assassins created an upgraded version of the animus so Desmond could enter and find the apple of Eden. If they found the artifacts, then the templars wouldn't and the power wouldn't be in their hands. To do that, they helped him enter the animus and live the memories of one of his assassin ancestors, Ezio Auditore (one of the best assassins ever in the series.) They found the apple, but also learned of these ancient beings from the first civilizations. Think of them as powerful spiritual beings. They were alive and had extraordinary abilities. One of them was named Juno.

In Brotherhood, Desmond once again plays the assassin Ezio Auditore. At the end, the being Juno reveals to Desmond that Lucy, the woman who rescued him and claimed to be an assassin was actually a traitor and working for the templars. She was his love interest, but Juno controlled Desmonds body and forced Desmond to stab her and kill her. Realizing what he had done to someone he deeply cared about, he went into shock and slipped into a coma. The only way the team knew how to save him was to force him back into the animus to save his life.

This is where the game Revelations comes in. In that coma, Desmond relives the memories of both Altair (from the first game) and Ezio (from the past two games). He learns the fate and ending of both of those assassins. I'll spare you those details though since we are only catching you up on the relevant modern day storyline. While in coma, Desmond ran into another former subject, Subject 16, who was named Clay. Clay was also taken by Abstergo but killed by the animus. His memory lived on in the animus. Clay helped Desmond regain consciousness and he woke up.

This is where you come in. The third game takes place right after Desmond wakes up. Now he is entering the memories of Connor and Haytham and you'll see from there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.:)

6 years ago*

OUCH! I'm SO sorry, I should have worded that better.. and you even wrote all that text >_<
Again, sorry orz

Played all of the previous titles (I'm playing them in order) but the previous only had the ancestor and Desmond parts while here there's a whole new thing related to Abstergo.
I admit I've never played the multiplayer part and this could be only a multiplayer-related thing but, when I launch the game, Uplay leads me there so I thought that was the main "theme" of ACIII (spent some time there before I actually found the singleplayer mode).
Doesn't seem something related to the in-the-past part of the game, but could be something related to Desmond.

I don't know if you've seen that, it was really strange (and kind of funny), like a dystopian futurepresent where Abstergo really is a big corporation ..even the startup showed the Abstergo logo instead of Ubisoft's one.. they planned things through! that's also why I was "surprised" to read that ACIII is a weak title instead.

6 years ago

ha it's okay I write giant paragraphs for pretty much anything and everything :P

I haven't played the game in a really long time but I don't think I remember that. That's interesting haha. I've never played multiplayer either :P

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

Yeah AC3 isn't bad or anything, it's just a dissapointment coming from the three previous games before it. It was a step down from 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. I agree with Black Flags. I enjoyed it but I just hated sailing :P

I'm glad my recap could help! If anyone needs a recap on the assassins themselves then I can fill them, but the modern story stuff is all that ties into the third game :)

6 years ago

Hahaha, just goes to show! I really enjoyed the sailing in AC4, I found it a great way to wind down a day. It didn't have the same frenetic pace as the traditional gameplay (which was also solid), so I could play it rather lazily.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

That's true it got rather OP very quickly hahaha. Certainly not a challenge. And I completely disregarded the trading stuff, as it seemed like a random facebook-esque mini game.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I'm generally pretty bad at 100%-ing a game. I believe I have only ever got a single Platinum.

6 years ago

That's a fantastic and detailed recap LMAO! Actually makes a fair bit more sense to me now, since the only 2 games I've played before were AC2 (friend's place over a decade ago or something), and AC4. Thanks a lot!
I agree, AC3 isn't a bad game by itself, and it could very well be the slight changes to gameplay and relatively clunky controls that's turning me off.

6 years ago*

No problem! I also didn't really like the Assassin in the third game, but that's purely a personal opinion :)

6 years ago

I think I'm about 40ish% through the game and have no real feelings for or against the character. He's just there, that's all hahaha
I actually rather liked playing as Haytham, and thought that might be an interesting twist to the series. Albeit it was odd how assassin-y he had to be so that they could try a "surprise" reveal

6 years ago

I embarrassingly just started AC 1 not to long ago. Splitting time with it and Skyrim (which is also my first playthrough on it as well). I suffer from severe procrastination and attention span issues lol. Look a Butterfly!

6 years ago

It's a little hard to get through the first game because its really repetitive. Second one picks up a lot though.

I totally relate to the severe procrastination :P

View attached image.
6 years ago

That's it exactly.

6 years ago

2 open world games (one of them Skyrim) at once?! That's quite the time-sink hahaha. Yeah basically any single player game I play has to endure occasional neglect while I get distracted by binge-watching TV shows, other gaming regulars or just life as a whole.

6 years ago

Same here. Open World games feel overwhelming to me so two at a time would be an achievement.

6 years ago

I guess I'll keep it to myself that I'm playing Witcher 3 on PS4 also then. And I wonder why I never get anything done. I count it a victory if I'm having fun.

6 years ago

Skyrim by itself genuinely scared me away over my Christmas break. I was too intimidated by the sheer density of content, so I just booted up XCOM:EU on the ol' PS3 again.

View attached image.
6 years ago

YAY! :D
Congratz Stef ^_^

I remember having 91% (or was it 92%?) of my sg win unplayed when I joined ^^;
Now, even if more wins have been added, unplayed are down to 63%.. I'll reach you some day =P

6 years ago

Congrats on the progress!

View attached image.
6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Congratulations. I already said so many times that I wish for all games to be won by people like you but I'll just repeat that again for the nth time :)

Welcome to the club!

6 years ago

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

6 years ago

Bumped!

6 years ago

Congrats!

6 years ago

19 of 21 achivements in Seasons After Fall?! No "flowers" and "bird" or no "Reunion"?

6 years ago

LOL I wondered that too so I checked-- flowers and bird.

6 years ago

Congrats

6 years ago

Thank you!

6 years ago

congrats

6 years ago

Congratulations!
I still have quite a lot to play, but the last one, Aquaria surely was a memorable experience ^_^

6 years ago

Thanks! Aquaria looks really neat.

6 years ago

It was just okay. Better at the end but I expected a lot more from the spiritual succesor of Planescape Torment. Also, the text translation was hideous. I didn't 100% all achievements, but the game was completed, finished, whatever.

6 years ago

At least you got it over with

6 years ago

I try to play my wins, I normally just enter the games I know I'm going to play/wishlisted. I had that one wishlisted to... Sadly, it was worst than I was expecting :P

6 years ago

Sad to hear that. Still want to give it a try though.
Definitely not at full price since I haven't heard anything good about it yet 0_o

6 years ago

I think the game is okay but thinking of it as a sequel hurted it a lot. It's more like a different game in a similar ambience than a direct sequel or an spin off.

That being said, for me the biggest flaw it's how they present the story. They don't tell you barely anything, not about the world, the characters, items, races, etc. Sure, you talk with people, you discover things, but it's not as soft/sweet/well written as if... maybe Pillars of Eternity.

You have also some 'things' called 'fluencies' (unless the translation it's shitty and invented) and those fluencies change and depends on how you talk, react and act... Still have no idea what they are and what or how they affect me. It felt disconnected, way when I was making sense of where I was... the game was on the final straight. You can complete it in about 20ish hours.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.