I'm not sure if this is the right category or not. For some reason today I'm getting 504 - Gateway Time-out most of the time when I try to load any Steamgifts pages. I don't remember ever having this problem before.

I haven't changed anything about how I'm using the site or added any extensions/scripts for a long time.

Any idea what could be causing it? Are other people experiencing it?

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Not sure what could be causing it, but I'll chime in with saying you're not alone. I seem to be experiencing the time-outs a lot this past hour, but I had assumed it was just my internet acting up. ;c

3 years ago

+1 on this issue. It's cleared up after I turned my wifi off and then back on but I don't know if that actually fixed anything or if the error just worked itself out. Maybe it was a traffic issue? I hope it clears up for everyone! :3

3 years ago

It seems to be happening to me like every fifteen minutes for the past couple of hours.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

+1
Probably a route problem.
It may be improved by deleting the DNS cache and reloading it.
(It's also a good idea to close and reopen your browser)

Windows key + r
input
cmd
ok
input
ipconfig /flushdns
Enter
Browser Reload

As a reminder, are the router and modem firmware up to date?
What if you neglect to take security measures?
You may be involved in a cyber attack without your knowledge.
In that case, missiles may fly your home.
If that doesn't help, we're probably involved in cyberwarfare and 2021 will be a tremendous opening.(joke?)

3 years ago

For people on Windows 10 you can do that with fewer steps.

1. Right click the Start button (the Windows logo on the bottom left of your screen)
  2. Click "Command Prompt" (does not have to be the Admin version)
  3. Copy/paste "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes) into the command prompt window, and hit enter.
  4. You should see a message that the cache was flushed. Now restart the browser.
3 years ago

(o'Θ'))yup yup
You will get the same result.
Choose a method that allows you to work quickly♪

3 years ago

Its gone away for me, but I was having issues with it earlier.

3 years ago

It just happened to me a minute ago, but it is working again. I have never had this issue in the past either.

3 years ago

I've been making a few adjustments to the servers the past couple of days, so I had to take things offline for a few minutes last night and tonight which is the reason for the temporary 504 errors.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.