Every year I craft an Easter Egg puzzle hunt for my daughter to find a bunch of chocolate secreted about the house. I am currently busy writing the 2020 hunt (the Casebook of Sherlock Hares), but I have a bunch of historic puzzles that I could post, so I thought I would do so.

The second puzzle is puzzle is here - It's Too Hard - Easter Egg Puzzle 2

This runs to Noon - GMT Time - on 4 April. The prize is Murderous Pursuits
https://store.steampowered.com/app/638070/Murderous_Pursuits/

Hint: 1 - Take a look at each line. Is there a word that doesn't quite fit?
Hint 2 - The instructions said there were six answers in each of six cagegories. That was not a typo.

Solution is Here: Link to Solution

Credits: A slightly different form of this puzzle (but basically the same) appeared as part of the Game Show Hell Mini Extravaganza that ran at the 2007 Convention of the US National Puzzlers league in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was written by Eric Berlin, a puzzlemaker extraordinaire. I currently subscribe to his puzzlesnacks, and you could too. https://puzzlesnacks.com/

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Up to the top.
Will look at it later.

3 years ago

I solved only previous one, but I'll bump this one

3 years ago

No idea what this is all about

3 years ago

I've gotten solutions for 4 of the 6 categories, but I'm struggling with 2 of them. And uncertain what to do once I get all 6.

It’s pretty simple really, just six questions in each of 6 categories.

I only see 5 questions in each category.

3 years ago

There are 6 answers in each of the six categories. That is not a typo.
You may need to google the answers you get if you are struggling to identify the categories. My daughter needed to do this for category 3. for sure. And possibly for categories 4 and 5, but she, to my surprise, saw category 2 right away.

3 years ago

Yeah, 3 and 5 are eluding me. I think I have all the answers for 3, but can't see the relation. I have three answers for 5, and can't suss out the relation or the remaining answers. Still, it was enough for me to get the final answer.

3 years ago

This is really hard. O.O

3 years ago

Hints have been added.

3 years ago

Too difficult for this non-native English speaker.

3 years ago

I really enjoyed this puzzle! There was only one bit that I could never figure out, but it didn't keep me from continuing on, as I could still see the possibilities.

3 years ago

Bump, solved with four of the categories. Still working out two.

Fun puzzle, and challenging, too.

3 years ago

Solver's bump.

3 years ago

So I have found the one who made this puzzle, from it I learned that it's based upon some famous television game. I believe I know what I had to do... but as I am not native English speaker I found it too hard to solve.
Explained method would be nice. :)

3 years ago

Full detailed solution posted.

I should note that it isn't really based on the US game show. The original miniganza was called Game Show Hell and each puzzle was loosely themed on an American Game show. I rethemed it to rescue Easter Owls, but it's the same puzzle.

3 years ago*

Oh, now I understand your first hint. XD

Thanks for the solution, it was really hard for me as I don't even know most of the words needed to be uncovered, not to mention those people. Even if I had somewhat selected the one word I wouldn't be able to pinpoit the right word from it. X)
But the first category I recognized right. ;)

3 years ago

Forgot to come back to this. :s

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.