SG Dark Grey Userstyle

A darker version of steamgifts, steamtrades, and sgtools primarily designed for daytime use where as SGv2 Dark is designed for nighttime use . Works on www.steamgifts.com, www.steamtrades.com, www.sgtools.info . Compatible with most scripts found in the addon registry.

Note: Style is now hosted on github as userstyles.org is no longer supported.

Install Stylus for either Firefox, Chrome or Opera and then install the style using one of these methods:

πŸ“¦ Install the usercss which supports automatic updates and customization.
πŸ“¦ Install manually from GitHub with no customization. The style is in Mozilla format.
πŸ“¦ Install script which supports automatic updates but no customization.

Last updated January 12 2024 version 2.4.0
Note: please report any bugs or if you have any suggestions.

Screenshots

Screenshot Album

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Version 1.9.8.5

• ESGST up to date as of v7.6.2

Changed suggested style manager to Stylus

Happy Halloween

πŸ‘» πŸŽƒ πŸ‘»

Version 1.9.8.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.5.1
6 years ago*

Thanks as usual for updating! Overall your theme is damn near perfection for me. :)
Some minor suggestions:

• Could the grey Giveaway Popup button be smaller? Maybe similiar to the one on SG's vanilla theme...
    Also could it get a darker color, maybe more closer to the visuals of the percentage next to it?
  • In the picture you can see the Enter button in three states. All in different sizes... could it be that the normal green Enter button gets the same size as the red one (not enough points) below? It would be smaller then and also save some horizontal space... and i like consistent sizes. ^^
View attached image.
6 years ago*

Tweaked a bit 😎

6 years ago

Oh boy, that's exactly how i imagined it.
Thanks alot! :)

6 years ago

Version 1.9.9

• ESGST up to date as of v7.10.0

Version 1.9.8.9

• ESGST up to date as of v7.9.0

Version 1.9.8.8

• ESGST up to date as of v7.8.1

Note: If you Use Stylish i highly recommend you switch to Stylus.

Version 1.9.8.7

• ESGST up to date as of v7.7.4

Version 1.9.8.6

• ESGST up to date as of v7.7.2
6 years ago*

Move the scroll to top button more to the bottom/right

From rafael's recent updates, could you move the dark variant also a bit more to the bottom right corner?
Also i just noticed this by accident... :D

View attached image.
6 years ago

Should be good to go now ;)

6 years ago

Yup, thank you. ^^

6 years ago

Version 1.9.9.5

Version 1.9.9.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.14.2

Version 1.9.9.3

• ESGST up to date as of v7.13.1

Version 1.9.9.2

Version 1.9.9.1

• ESGST up to date as of v7.11.0
6 years ago*

Version 1.9.9.9

• ESGST up to date as of v7.17.7

Version 1.9.9.8

• ESGST up to date as of v7.17.1

Version 1.9.9.7

• ESGST up to date as of v7.16.4

Version 1.9.9.6

• ESGST up to date as of v7.16.0
6 years ago*

Hello, I'd like to know if you would authorize me to add this theme to ESGST.

5 years ago

Of course πŸ’›, this one does not have options at the moment i am still figuring out what i want to do.

5 years ago

No problem, I'll just add the options when they are available. I figured out a nice way to integrate the themes without having to copy the CSS into the code, which would probably lead to outdated versions anyway. The only downside is that the theme is stored in the script's storage, so it eats up some space, although not much (~200 KB). It's already available in v7.18.0 (Dev.11) if you want to check it out.

By the way, I've added a feature (Multi-Manager) to v7.18.0 (Dev.8) that needs some styling, if you want to fix it before it's released for everyone.

5 years ago

K will check that out ;)

5 years ago

Has this been tested in chrome? the @-moz-document will kill it.

5 years ago

It has not, have you tested it there?

5 years ago

Yes i just looked and it is broken because of it, also are you aware userstyles.org has an api?

5 years ago

Hmm, I would think that the request to userstyles would retrieve the CSS compatible with the current browser that the user is in. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it.

No, I wasn't aware of the API, but not sure how that can be of any help, since I can already get the CSS easily by appending .css to the end of the userstyles URL.

5 years ago

They just serve as is and the style manager takes care of compatability. If you want to have a look at api check this out.

5 years ago

Ok, so I'll probably just have to split the CSS in the -moz sections and make sure that the code is only injected if the location matches the URL.

I guess the API could be nice to automatically retrieve the options, but as far as I can see, the CSS is easier to retrieve normally without the API.

5 years ago

The latest dev version should take care of the compatibility issue with Chrome.

5 years ago

Works but the themes should be added after esgst-style or they won't override some things. Preferably last in the head in case other scripts need to be overridden as well.

5 years ago*

Yeah, I realized that as soon as I moved it. I'll figure out a way to always keep it last in the head.

5 years ago

Ok, should be all good now in the latest dev.

5 years ago

Thank you! It is much easier to navigate the site because I always thought the white made it difficult to see. In fact, I did not even know I had a way to change the colors! Thank you!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

It is an option but i prefer purpose built over global.

5 years ago

Whoa...everything looks so different now :o Thanks dude

5 years ago

Version 2.0.1

• ESGST up to date as of v7.18.4 (Dev 9)

Version 2.0

• ESGST up to date as of v7.18.2
5 years ago*

Hey, the next version of ESGST will probably need some styling of the class .esgst-draggable-trash . To see it in action you can use the latest dev version and start to drag any emoji. Just in case you want to take care of that before the version is distributed for everyone. :P

5 years ago

Done and posted a Fixed Sidebar bug

5 years ago

Hi, the next version will require some changes related to Fixed Main Page Heading (perhaps other stuff as well? all elements that used position: fixed have moved to position: sticky). As far as I can tell, removing the rule .sidebar + div .esgst-fmph-background, .sidebar + div .esgst-fmph, .sidebar--wide + div .esgst-gf-container-fixed fixes the width problem. The background color uses a CSS variable --esgst-body-bg-color, to make it easier.

5 years ago

Checking it out currently.

One bug jumped out at me on the first giveaway of this train, have not looked at firefox but in chrome .stuck seems to be looping on/off with IsThereAnyDeal Info enabled when you scroll down. It looks like it happens when the sidebar extends into the footer.

Also it might need some tweaking for cases when users filter out pinned giveaways or featured container, endless scrolling does not load the next page in those cases.

5 years ago*

Ok, I can reproduce that as well (and I'm using Chrome at the moment - I change all the time :P). I had set a max-height for the sidebar to prevent something like this, but looks like it didn't work.

I'll check that out, but the endless scrolling should trigger as soon as the pagination at the bottom is visible (I still have to tweak this to trigger it one screen earlier that like it was before).

Edit: Ah, ok, it's the observer that removes the ad in the sidebar when it's stickied that is causing trouble.

5 years ago

Those issues should be fixed in the latest dev.

5 years ago

almost, endless scrolling does not load any pages after the second one.
And if i never mentioned it i am using grid view.

5 years ago

I cannot reproduce at all, working perfectly fine for me on every page type. Where did you test it? It doesn't trigger it or it keeps loading indefinitely?

5 years ago

Set gridview space lower like 0, on main page, and does not trigger after second page.

5 years ago

Oh seems only on narrow sidebar.

5 years ago

Ok, now I can reproduce it enabling grid view, but it doesn't appear to be related to the narrow sidebar. The only difference is that without the narrow sidebar it stops after page 3.

5 years ago

Odd i get it stopping after second page on narrow and no issues on normal, I'm using active discussions in sidebar (not old).

5 years ago

And the issue on that giveaway is fixed on narrow sidebar but still remains on normal sidebar.

5 years ago

I cannot reproduce it. Works perfectly fine here. I even lowered the resolution to see if it was that, but it's not.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

Version 2.0.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.24.1

Version 2.0.3

• ESGST up to date as of v7.23.0

Version 2.0.2

• ESGST up to date as of v7.21.1
5 years ago

Thankies. The dark version I had suddenly dissapeared, can't stand the bright steamgifts site. ^^

5 years ago

That is odd Mully's styles are still available.

5 years ago*

Hi, I think the theme might need some adjustments. All classes used in User Tags and Game Tags have been renamed from esgst-ut* and esgst-gt* to esgst-tag* and esgst-tags*. And there is also the new tag suggestion box.

5 years ago

Ok will check it out, btw the auto fill user tags could use a tweak.

.esgst-ut-suggestions >*:not(:last-child) {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
      }

hidden elements are still counted towards this so really it only applies to the last alphabetical last-child.

5 years ago

I already have that for .esgst-tag-suggestion:not(:last-child). The rule you posted is from a previous dev version where I had not finished it yet.

5 years ago

ahh k

5 years ago

Still the same in current version, the last tag in the list is not always the last child because there are hidden elements after.

5 years ago

Yeah, but the other rule is the same, isn't it? :last-child doesn't work with hidden elements. Not sure if something like .esgst-tag-suggestion:not(.esgst-hidden):not(:last-child) would work, I'll play around with it.

5 years ago

Better late than never, thanks for making SG look much better. :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

Version 2.0.9

• SG Holiday gift box event

Version 2.0.8

• ESGST up to date as of v8.0.4

Version 2.0.7

• ESGST up to date as of v7.27.0

Version 2.0.6

• ESGST up to date as of v7.26.4

Version 2.0.5

• ESGST up to date as of v7.26.0
5 years ago

hey man, just found your userstyles/userscripts and I wanted to thank you! they really look good and they are done with much love! :D

5 years ago

Thank you! Just installed SG Dark Grey & my eyes couldn't be happier.

4 years ago

The symbol on the button for bookmarked giveaways isn't aligned correctly since ESGST 8.5.6

View attached image.
4 years ago

More info for SquishedPotatoe: the button is now a notification button (same as the messages button - is not inside a box without a theme). Additionally, notification buttons added by ESGST on the left side of the header have a padding of 0 0 0 20px. So removing that padding should fix it.

4 years ago

Version 2.1.2

• RAchart fixes

Version 2.1.1

• Christmas Calendar

Version 2.1

• Subscribed discussion categories, Discussion bookmarks
4 years ago*

Are there plans to have this as a proper script for Grease/Tamper-monkeys? If I load it as script from the style page, it's somewhat bugged in that it doesn't render properly when opening tabs in the background whereas the SG Dark works fine (because that's available as a script)

4 years ago

Yes the plan is to drop using userstyles.org and use Github. Currently only a version for stylus is available.

4 years ago

A basic script (no options) is now available to try.

4 years ago

Nice! I can tell you straight up that at least the glitch of not changing colours has been remedied with this. Will keep it and if there is anything + or - I'll post it here. Cheers

4 years ago*

You will need to reinstall if you want to get updates, the link was incorrect.

4 years ago

Thanks for this. I've been using your Dark Grey theme via TamperMonkey for a few weeks now and it's beautiful and easy on the eyes. Much appreciated :-)

4 years ago

Dropped support for userstyles.org, you will need to reinstall for github hosting.

Version 2.2.3

• ESGST fixes, up to date as of v8.6.0

Version 2.2.4

• esgst giveaway description popup
  • esgst settings
  • esgst tag button
  • esgst whitelist/blacklist highlight
  • esgst giveaway maker
  • esgst gridview popout heading
  • esgst group giveaway loader panel
4 years ago*

I've long been thinking to move all my styles to Github. Was there a specific reason to leave userstyles.org at this particular time?

4 years ago

Since it was sold to SimilarWeb it has just gone downhill starting with the spyware debacle. The site is a broken mess and features we had before the sale years ago still have not returned, the small file size restriction is a joke. Overall i am not a fan of their bussines practices and do not wish to support them.

Github on the other hand gives me the ability to have larger styles, history/diffs, users can install any version not just current, i can link direct installs here on steamgifts, i can use actual software to publish and much more.

Note: i have been wanting to do this for a long time its not a just at this particular time.

4 years ago

Yeah, I wanted to move when the sale happened but it's quite tricky when you have a lot of styles and no easy way to point people to a new site.

I guess I'll wait for things to get worse and then do what I should have done much sooner.

4 years ago

The page never gets removed so you can leave directions on where to go.

4 years ago

Version 2.2.5

• esgst fixed elements
  • esgst subscribe button
  • esgst narrow sidebar
  • esgst gridview popout camera icon

ESGST up to date as of v8.7.2

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.