Purchase the OCTOBER 2019 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive BATTLETECH with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 September 27th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 October 4th, 2019: Bundle release date: (first Friday of every month)
  • September 6th, 2019: The September Monthly Bundle cannot be bought any more. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

BATTLETECH (and similarly BATTLETECH Flashpoint)
There are only two type of keys available:

Customers from RU/CIS + LATAM + KR + CN will receive a key that can be redeemed only in these countries, everyone else receives a key that can be redeemed everywhere.
Thanks to Tryo and Joanguva for the screenshots.

PLANET ALPHA

• PLANET ALPHA (Africa + ME) United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Algeria, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Cambodia, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Samoa, Syrian Arab Republic, Swaziland, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
  • PLANET ALPHA (Asia) - Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Vietnam
  • PLANET ALPHA (South America) - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
    PLANET ALPHA (RU/CIS) - Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan confirmation
  • Everyone else: PLANET ALPHA (ROW, but not the store sub)

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Override: Mech City Brawl. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again! RESTOCKED.

Reminder that the Override: Mech City Brawl Bundle comes as one key which includes the DLC, therefore if you plan on getting it, make sure you won't activate the Override: Mech City Brawl key from the bundle.

Reminder that you might have a key for PUSS! soundtrack from this promotion. (source)

🎮 Games:

Pay early and get: BATTLETECH + 2 DLCs, Sonic Mania

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
BATTLETECH 72% of 8006 🏆 6.00 CV app/637090 W M L 0 $39.99
BATTLETECH Flashpoint (DLC) 53% of 193 - - 3.00 CV app/911930 W M L 0 $19.99
BATTLETECH - Shadow Hawk Pack (DLC) 40% of 30 (Base game has cards) - 0.60 CV app/799751 W M L 0 $3.99
Sonic Mania 91% of 8850 🏆 3.00 CV app/584400 W 1 $19.99
The Spiral Scouts 94% of 254 🏆 1.50 CV app/862480 W M 0 $9.99
PLANET ALPHA 77% of 180 🏆 3.00 CV app/485030 W 0 $19.99
Override: Mech City Brawl 84% of 191 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/709440 W 0 $29.99
PUSS! 93% of 235 🏆 1.50 CV app/719750 W M 0 $9.99
Avernum 3: Ruined World 83% of 93 🏆 3.00 CV app/691830 W M 0 $19.99

Retail:

• $173.91

CV:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 12 Months*
Per month $12 $11.67 $11.17 $11
Total $12 $35 $67 $132

* bonuses are often offered for this type of promotion
In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Subscriber bonuses (for all the above subscription types): 10% discount on the Humble Store, shareable with a friend
Past bonuses for new subscribers: $99 for an annual subscription (expired); Pathfinder: Kingmaker for an annual subscription (expired), Kingdom Come: Deliverance for a 3 months subscription (expired), 12 months for only $99 (expired), buy 12 months and get $40 Humble Store credit (expired)

💡 Humble original: Roman Sands

The Sun is getting closer. Soon, it will consume everything. It may be one week, it may be two. No matter, just run along and fetch a new round of cocktails. Daiquiris.
A visual novel at the end of the world.

Youtube trailer

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Rachel's Q+A
HB's FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 4th OCTOBER!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you buy this bundle and the Battletech Season Pass, like the #IGNlluminati want you to?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Fool me once, fool me many times… shame on me I'll keep my subscription running?
[New subscription] I’m jumping up and down with joy. I’ve been wanting to own BATTLETECH for ages!
[Maybe subscribe] This doesn’t look particularly good, but it doesn’t look bad either. Eh, I’ll just push the decision for later.
[Cancelling / Pausing subscription] What a disappointment after the last few Weekly / Monthly bundles! Come on IGN, you can do better than this!
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] October is Halloween month, not the time for silly subscriptions.

pausing, if anything the june bundle has taught me is to never subscribe to a bundle with just 1 early reveal

4 years ago

Pretty light reveal...

4 years ago

Nice early reveal. :)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Same here, I always get AT LEAST 2 games I wanted and oftentimes it is something I become interested in after the monthly has landed.

4 years ago

No interest in Battletech but I am happy for Guacamelee 2. Two wishlist games done in one week.
First Tyranny and now Guacamelee 2.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Region locked, can not gift to RU and South America.
I'm from SEA.
http://prntscr.com/p2uifa

4 years ago

Thanks for the screenshot!

There are only two type of keys available: RU/CIS + LATAM + KR + CN and the normal store sub ROW
Considering that you're not in RU/CIS + LATAM + KR + CN, you get the ROW key (can be redeemed anywhere), regardless of what that notification says.

4 years ago

Meh.. I was hoping it would be Darksiders III, since it's being given away with PS+
what a disappointment.

4 years ago

I will pause again.

4 years ago

Not my kind of game and since there is only one early reveal I am going to pause it not going to gamble on the unrevealed games when I can save one of my monthly credits (I have like 5 months left of a year sub) for a different monthly and if a game is revealed in month I could always just trade for it if I want the certain game.

At least this time I remember to pause, since I think one of these months I forgot to pause and then when that auto charge date came it automatically unlocked that one month, but at least a few of the other unlocks peaked my interests (I already owned the early reveals)

4 years ago

Region lock totally opposite to the user "Tryo" I´m from Larin America, received the monthly as a giftlink

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thanks for the screenshot!

There are only two type of keys available: RU/CIS + LATAM + KR + CN and the normal store sub ROW
Considering that you're in LATAM, you get the region locked key.

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

When was the last time they did an extra later early unlock though? Wasnt that sometime in Q1 when they added Rapture Rejects to a non-Steam game?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

I wouldn't expect it, but definitely hope for it. Zero interest in the current early unlock.

4 years ago

Depends on whether I win any of the bazillion BATTLETECH giveaways that just popped up. Failing that (which is most likely), I could save a buck by buying it in the current sale (with the subscriber discount) but it's likely there will be at least $1 of value for me in the rest of the bundle so I'll wait. Kind of wish there was a second reveal to help me decide.

4 years ago

There probably will be another unlock
I just don't see that many people crazy for Battletech(probably a lot of people pressed that "pause"button) so humble will have to entice them somehow
I just hope it's another decent game-not DLC for battletech-like they did with The Division

4 years ago

If there's somehow another early unlock it will probably be for the Battletech DLC, possibly the season pass. I think the bundle will probably sell good enough with just Battletech though.

On another note I REALLY hope there's no early reveals in a few weeks cause that's a bad sign for several reasons. Also if the early reveal turns out to be the Battletech DLC HB marketing will more than likely consider that as one of the remaining games.

4 years ago

I would love to see the DLC included (and especially revealed) - is there any precedent for this? I'm undecided right now. Although BATTLETECH is #3 on my wishlist, I would much prefer the Mercenary Collection / Season Pass.

4 years ago

Early reveals happen because the bundle isn't selling well which isn't a good thing. HB is already considering restructuring the HB monthly and if the sales with the current structure are constantly not doing well I'm pretty sure it will end up happening. HB has already sent out a couple surveys in few months back to both current and former HB subscribers giving different options for a restructure. I believe if it gets restructured it will be less games for about the same price but you will be able to pick which games you want out of few different choices. The HB Trove would not be included anymore and be optional for around a buck or two but will have a noticeable increase in the amount of games in it each month.

4 years ago

Yeah, I understand that, and also got one of those surveys. I probably would not mind a pick-your-own option, since I'm only really interested in Linux games, and am lucky & happy to get 2 - 3 games. SG would definitely be a lot quieter though!

Personally I think BATTLETECH is a fantastic early reveal, but right now I can buy the Mercenary Collection for about the same price as the Monthly + Season Pass separately - and that's more than I want to spend.

4 years ago

If there's somehow another early unlock it will probably be for the Battletech DLC, possibly the season pass.

The last time they did something like that was June monthly, which pissed the gamers off who after getting the COD BO4 Battle Edition decided to pay out of pocket for Standard or other DLC before the additional early reveal of the Standard upgrade. It was a rough lesson to learn that people shouldn't buy DLC for a game until the entire month's contents are revealed.

Not sure how common that is or if HB even cares.

I find it highly unlikely they'd include the entire season pass since they still haven't released one of its DLC yet.

4 years ago

Smh.. I really thought Battletech would of sold the bundle well enough not to have early unlocks revealed. So we now have 2 Battletech DLC and Sonic Mania as early unlocks. Ultimately there could of been 3 possible scenarios.

1. Best case scenario is that those DLC aren't considered early unlocks, which is very possible since the bundle page has them not marked that way like Sonic Mania.

2. Another possible scenario. Marketing could of considered the DLC as Early Unlocks and they take up a game slot in the monthly.

3. Worst case scenario. The 2 DLC take up 2 game slots in the monthly. Considering the DLC is only a $4 skin it more than likely wouldn't be the case. Had it been any other DLC there's a possibly it could of been 2 slots.

4 years ago*

Smh.. I really thought Battletech would of sold the bundle well enough not to have early unlocks revealed.

Even though BT is rooted in turn based strategy, mechs are more niche than general fantasy or sci-fi, and the game can't quite overcome performance & RNG criticisms - So an extra single DLC doesn't surprise me, but two kinda does even if one was a mere cheap mech skin.

I don't expect the worst case scenario you mentioned, but it is totally possible given that the June Monthly which offered COD BO4 DLC/upgrade was only 7 games - The lowest number since at least 2018.

This added DLC will help people who were on the fence with BT, but for people who already have the base game (and especially people like me who have the DLC) I think its going to drive them away unless they're a total Sonic fan...

4 years ago

You've made a very good point about it being very niche and throw in the fact it has several DLC it does look like marketing as well as myself have over estimated the value of Battletech. Imho marketing should of included the 2 DLC right from the start as there's a good chance they may not of needed to do an early reveal.

4 years ago*

Looking back on the February HB Monthly, when The Division headlined and was followed by DLC reveals, I believe the extras did not count to the number of games... they will, however, most likely count to the value of the overall bundle (affecting the retail value of the additional games).

4 years ago

Yeah in February they didn't consider the DLCs to be separate items. In June though HB marketing considered the DLC for Call of Duty and 911 Operator as separate items.

4 years ago

Smh, I believe HB marketing considers the 2 DLC as part of the 8 game slots.. 5 games left.

4 years ago

No.

4 years ago

I'm glad I didn't jump on that 2017 annual deal with 2 months bonus. I'd still be pausing.

4 years ago

Wow. So much disappointment in this thread. BATTLETECH was my Game of the Year last year (actually joint GotY with Conan: Exiles; I couldn't decide). It's a great game! I'd be jumping for joy if I didn't already have it. :)

Maybe that's the thing. It's a bit of a niche game and I guess most people who really want it would have it already.

4 years ago

Its always like that no matter how good a game is. People love to complain.

4 years ago

I think it's funny whenever I see people term a HB monthly to be "not worth it".
For 12 dollars, 6+ games per month of the HB quality feels very worth it to me even if I might just be mildly curious of them, at the worst case scenario it isn't hard to find friends who will love them or someone on steamgifts.

4 years ago

I agree, but it's only worth it (to me) if I am already prepared to pay $12 on the early reveal(s), otherwise it's just a gamble. Some months I've paused and regretted it, some I've not and still regretted it! GroupBuys often helps with the former (and could also with the latter, but I can never be bothered to sell - which is why I'm here).

4 years ago

That's a good rule of thumb as the early reveals are harder to get your hands on than the hidden ones later on, if you were inclined to try to do so after the fact.

I find that if I am to spend dollarinos on a bundle, humble monthly is the best one given the quality of the games even if I end up not being interested in most or all of them. Last month, slay the spire alone was worth it for me but Squad was deeply appreciated by many....so there's always something you can do with the extras :D

4 years ago

Yes, different people have different opinions on "worth", I suppose. Mine have certainly changed with all these cheap games around. But I agree about the HB monthly; I'm just annoyed with myself for not starting earlier. I ended up paying far more for Ark: Survival Evolved than that whole month would have cost me way back when the monthly started. I've had a couple of disappointing months since then -- not because they were bad, but more because I already owned the games I wanted from them -- but it seems to be pretty good value most of the time.

4 years ago

Completely in agreement.
Like the RPG bundle for me, I had tyranny and pillars of eternity already...otherwise I'd buy the bundle in a heartbeat D: and to someone who doesn't like any of the titles the bundle might not be "worth it" but it doesn't mean the bundle itself is bad, unlike the feeling I get from some of the comments whenever the monthly is switched xD

I also regret starting HB late and I don't know how it was before but I don't think the quality/cost for any of the HB is "bad" yet even when they aren't my cup of tea.

4 years ago

Interested in your take on it, I played it after being excited for it and couldn't get myself past the tutorial. I found it a bit of a minefield and the tutorial not very helpful.

Is it rewarding to stick with it and carry on and learn? I think I was expecting it to be a bit more straightforward than it was. Certainly willing to give it a second try!

4 years ago

I'm an old tabletop RPG and wargame nerd and I've always enjoyed playing BATTLETECH, so I'm probably biased. I also already knew how the game worked -- the development team includes the tabletop game's original designer and sticks pretty closely to the original rules -- so all I needed to start was a brief refresher and to learn was the interface, which I found fairly intuitive for the most part.

The tutorial covers the basics of combat and the interface. The follow-on first campagin mission does set the scene for the rest of the game pretty well: most of the time you'll be out manned and outgunned, since you're only allowed to field a maximum of a single lance (four 'mechs), while the enemy often has two or three times that. In some ways it gets easier as you progress, as your pilots earn useful skills as well as their incremental ability increases, but in other ways it gets more difficult, as you fight more skilled enemies at the same time.

Ultimately I think if you don't enjoy the first mission you probably won't like the rest of the game much, but personally I find it very rewarding and would recommend you try again. It's not perfect and there are still some things I'd love to see, but it gets better with each update and DLC, and it's my second-most-played game on Steam, after all (though that does include the two DLC released so far as well).

You can find my original review of it here if you're interested: https://steamcommunity.com/id/genkipro/recommended/637090/ .

4 years ago

Nice response, will go have a look thank you!

4 years ago

Battletech is arguably, the least popular early unlock (not necessarily the weakest) since April 2017's Monthly (which was solely The Witness). Not only it isn't for everyone, but also it hasn't sold that well (judging by the amount of Steam reviews when compared to the previous unlocks) and all the available DLCs you don't get don't make it any more appealing.

Since the rest of the bundle is a gamble, the early unlocks should justify close to the asking price of $12 on their own, which is hard to do for this game, even though it's a historical low.

4 years ago

Hmm. That's an interesting point of view. It seems a much better early unlock than many of the monthlies in that timeframe to me, but obviously our opinions on the matter are entirely subjective.

As far as sales go, the only place I know of to get even approximate figures for Steam sales is steamspy, but I don't know how accurate that is, particularly after the profile privacy changes (last year?). Anyway, for BATTLETECH it says this:

Owners: 500,000 .. 1,000,000

That seems pretty high for what is essentially a niche game, though I suppose it may be low for a Paradox title. The only others that came to mind while writing this were Stellaris and Surviving Mars. Stellaris says much more -- 2m - 5m -- whereas Surviving Mars is the same as BATTLETECH. My guess would be that it's at the low end of Paradox titles, but it seems about right for FASA game conversions. :)

It also says this regarding the rating, but I'm not sure I trust that as an indication of what players really think of it either. I suppose it's probably as good as anything; I don't know how easy the "Metascore" is to review bomb.

Old userscore: 74% Metascore: 78%

Personally I suspect Humble will add another early unlock, but I still think this is a good one as it is.

4 years ago

Get BATTLETECH for $12 $9!
$3 off Humble Monthly
Games are yours to keep forever. Save $3 now when you subscribe to a Humble Monthly month-to-month plan.

The coupon is already in your account and will be applied when you checkout. Coupon expires 10/4/2019 at 10am PT.*

4 years ago

Was that in an email?

When you got the email were you an active subscriber, paused subscriber, cancelled subscriber, or never subscribed before?

I'm an active subscriber and didn't get the email, and just today I paused.

4 years ago*

email ,and 1 time bought monthly sub , from what i gathered active subs wont get discount

4 years ago

I got that offer for the games I won't play too.

4 years ago

"As thanks for being a loyal Humble Monthly subscriber, we’d like to give you the chance to share Humble Monthly with a friend.
You can use the following link to grant a friend a free trial. They’ll get one free month of Humble Monthly when they subscribe for the first time!"

Do check you emails. Maybe others got it too.

4 years ago

more that 3 sub years and never got that wtf

4 years ago

The same. I am too loyal I guess (did not got any such promotion yo be honest :) ) :P.

4 years ago

Early Reveal

Battletech - Flashpoint
Battletech - Shadow Hawk Pack
Sonic Mania

*dlc may have also region locks

"BATTLETECH Flashpoint Key Restricted"

Sonic Mania [DIGITAL RETAIL] (WW)

4 years ago*

Since Battletech is definitely not my cup of tea, and I already have Sonic Mania Plus on XBO, I propably would pause my sub for a month.

4 years ago

Battletech reviews aren't great, and I'm certainly not interested in Sonic Mania. I think I'm going to have to unsub this month.

4 years ago

Already have Sonic Mania, and its been bundled before. If a previously bundled game is the best they could do to get people to change their minds about pausing this month, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the bundle.

4 years ago

robot skin? such a generous offer..

4 years ago

Flashpoint DLC is way more than the mech skin with new missions, different mechs, and such.
The mech skin is the Shadow Hawk Pack originally intended as a kickstarter & preorder reward).

4 years ago

No dlc for sonic mania?

4 years ago

sonic mania and few dlc for battletech , ok skip

4 years ago

I can not decide if to get it or skip it , i like this type of games but dont realy know if it would run (battletech) on my current setup (an ok i5 laptop but with integrated graphics card )

4 years ago

As someone who ran the game okay on an i5-3470 and a GTX680, I wouldn't recommend BT for your rig unless you are convinced by any videos of low end rigs running the game that your GPU or CPU won't be worse than the rigs in the videos. Even then its a gamble.

4 years ago

Thanks , i have decided to skip , its not worth the gamble.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.