https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/PgkB8/just-deserts

Mmm dessert

I couldn't find the game at first because I thought the title was Just Desserts...

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

more like Just Fancy Desserts

4 years ago

That's quite possibly the mistake most often made in English, and arguably for good reason: the "deserts" here is an otherwise archaic word that is pretty much only used in this expression.

The "desert" being alluded to in the expression means literally "that which one deserves", and it comes from Latin for "to gain merit via service". It's not related to "desert" as in "barren/desolate land" or "to desert" as in "to abandon", both of which come from Latin for "to abandon", and much less to "dessert", which comes from a French word that can be understood as "the removal of what has been served" (this makes sense if you think that dessert was originally served, in a multi-course meal, after all courses had been removed from the table). It's also pronounced like "desert" as in "to abandon", not like "desert" as in "barren land".

Is this important? Not really, but I only really learned desert vs dessert after reading up about it, so I figured you or someone else might also find use in that knowledge.

4 years ago

Congratulations on recovering from toothache.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Well something ya Dont have to Chew! LOL
Hope you feel a lot Better 😊 👍

4 years ago

what a recovery!

(yellow one for me, no gold tho. also, why the little salad?)

time to have some fun, jatan... and that pic is an hella funny one :P

4 years ago

Thanks, I love dessert :)

4 years ago

so tasty and now I'm going through what you had 1-2 weeks ago so this seems like torture :p

4 years ago

Looks like jelly

4 years ago

Gold leaf on desserts drive me crazy but this looks nice. Some kind of coconut tapioca pudding or was it panna cotta?
Kinda hoping for option 1 because sago makes everything better, and you need some texture in there.

Not that it matters because I'm not the one eating it, you were lol

4 years ago

Tbh, any Gold Flakes/Leaf triggers me. Why don't you just buy a gold bar and chew on one if you want gold on your food? XD

4 years ago

lol yeah I'm the same. It seems such a waste for nothing at all. There's way to make food sexy with actually edible stuff. This brings nothing but a reason for an expensive price.

4 years ago

Indeed, just fanciful with the same dish. I rather try fusion food. Pretty sad there are people who thinks those food are great. Bummer :3

4 years ago

The weird thing is that the way "dessert" is spelled looks like it should be pronounced "desert" and "desert" looks like it should be pronounced "dessert".

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.