April 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 April 24th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 May 1st 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

HITMAN 2

• China - China
  • LATAM/India - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • Turkey customers should receive a ROW key but instead receive a key that they cannot activate (either the LATAM/India one or the RU/CIS one listed above). source
  • Everyone else: ROW

This Is the Police 2

• This Is the Police 2 (LATAM/RU/CN/IN/TR) - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, China, India, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Turkey, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand
  • Everyone else: ROW

All subscribers receive a Mystery Game to be revealed on May 1 (Train Valley 2)

If you pause or cancel for the April 2020 Humble Choice, available from April 3rd to April 30th, you will not receive the game.

Bonus Game FAQ

Free DLC to claim:

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition Same content as HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition (Bundle) (Included game has cards) - 59.99 CV sub/272962 0 $59.99
GRIS 96% of 21252 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/683320 W M 0 $16.99
This Is the Police 2 76% of 2865 🏆 2.25 CV app/785740 W M L 0 $14.99
Opus Magnum 97% of 2462 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/558990 W M L 0 $19.99
MOLEK-SYNTEZ 94% of 270 - 🏆 1.50 CV app/1168880 W M L 0 $9.99
Raiden V: Director's Cut 68% of 132 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/570050 W 0 $29.99
Driftland: The Magic Revival 77% of 774 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/718650 W M 0 $29.99
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil 94% of 1206 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/405830 W M L 0 $19.99
Truberbrook 72% of 287 🏆 4.50 CV app/757300 W M L 0 $29.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut No user reviews (Included games have cards) - 4.08 CV sub/367817 0 $27.23
Shoppe Keep 2 63% of 1115 🏆 1.50 CV app/684580 W 3 $9.99
Capitalism 2 88% of 157 - 1.50 CV app/638200 W 0 $9.99
Train Valley 2 91% of 975 🏆 2.25 CV app/602320 W M L 0 $14.99

HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN™ 2 90% of 12768 🏆 1 $59.95
HITMAN™ 2 - Early Access (DLC) 90% of 12691 - 🏆 0 $0.00
HITMAN 2 DLC app/972342 (DLC) No user reviews - - 0 $ -
HITMAN™ 2 - Himmelstein (DLC) 71% of 14 - - 0 $0.00
HITMAN™ 2 - Isle of Sgàil (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Whittleton Creek (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Mumbai (DLC) 80% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Santa Fortuna (DLC) 92% of 13 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Miami (DLC) 93% of 15 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Hawke's Bay (DLC) 100% of 13 - - 0 $0.00

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
The Bard's Tale Trilogy 96% of 477 🏆 0 $14.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Standard Edition No user reviews - - 0 $ -
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut 71% of 213 🏆 1 $34.99

May Humble Choice - leaks (proven to be only partially true)

Humble Original: Divinoids by Catpad

The game will release with the April 2020 Humble Choice on Friday, April 3 at 10 a.m. Pacific time and will be added to the Humble Trove on Friday, April 10

• Ring of Pain sneak peek (DRM-Free)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!
Apologies for the mistake: Warner Brothers are the Hitman publisher now, not Square Enix (blame luckz :P)

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ready for your monthly infusion of Turok & Zachtronics?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] For me, this is a great month. Pausing my subscription is a thought that doesn’t come to mind when I see these games.
[New subscription] Now that’s what I call a real motivation to stay at home! Thank you, IGN!
[Maybe subscribe] I’m interested in a few of these titles, but that’s it. It’s time to decide if I am really willing to pay that much money in order to own them.
[Pause] Damn, I’m normally not one to complain about Humble Choice / Monthly games, but the quality really dropped lately.
[Cancelling] My wallet is in lockdown, just like me.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] The Hitman Standard DLC trap ain't gonna catch me, Squeenix!

This one will be passed...

4 years ago

I think I am going to probably skip this, since the only two games that are interesting to me are Police II and Raiden V, I already own hitman 2 gold and none of the others interest me.

But that mystery game has be intrigued so maybe I will just buy it and then maybe I can always find uses for the other games.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Too many wishlisted games to miss out, I will definitely get it. Bonus is that don't own any of them.

4 years ago

The only Zachtronics game left to appear in a bundle is SHENZHEN SOLITAIRE, will it be the surprise game? 🙃
https://store.steampowered.com/app/570490/SHENZHEN_SOLITAIRE/

4 years ago*

SHENZHEN SOLITAIRE is included in SHENZHEN I/O. You can access it from the main menu.

4 years ago

Oh, good to know, thanks!

4 years ago

Sure, but the Steam standalone game is not included.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

anyone else having this issue of bonus game not showing on screen? we sort of noticed it because it shows on husbands screen but doesn't on mine
http://prntscr.com/rsv4d3

4 years ago

You have to go into the subscription section to see it. If you are on the main page it doesn't show up on mine either.

4 years ago

it shows on my main page. So maybe game for not all regions? Like sometimes games for EU/USA and JPN getting 5$?

4 years ago

Never realised that this would vary from region to region as the free bonus game is available to everyone who does not pause their subscription. Cheers for the heads up regardless!

4 years ago

2 days ago it showed up on main page for me, yesterday it vanished and on subscription page it never showed. i doubt its a region issue husbands computer is right next to mine and he has the gift game thing showing. only difference between mine and his is that mine atm is a gifted sub while he pays for his yearly and were both on classic plan :)

4 years ago

In that case, you only get the message if you're paying for the subscription. I would have thought HB would add it to everybody's page to encourage more subscribers. HB do have a special way of doing things!

4 years ago

Wrong, I'm paying for month-to-month subscription (classic plan) myself, and I've never seen the offer of mystery game, not on the main page, not on the subscription section, so I guess not everyone will get the mystery game... I think OwieczkaDollyv21 is right, and some regions won't be getting a bonus mystery game, I've already seen it in the past with at least two monthly bundles that had 1 game less because of the region I live in! More freakin' reason to skip this month...

4 years ago

4 years ago

good bundle. bought also this. 7 wishlisted games: GRIS, this is the police 2, opus magnum, the bard's tale trology and the bard's tale IV, raiden V, truberbrook. for Hitman 2 i own the gold edition.

4 years ago*

Good bundle, but unfortunately absolutely not worth the price imo.

4 years ago

What do you think an appropriate price would be for these games?

4 years ago

8-10$. No way it is worth 20$.

4 years ago

I think it's certainly worth it for classic subs, $12 for Hitman and Gris is unbeatable.

4 years ago

It really depends on a person, really.. I found GRIS pretty boring and hitman 2 alone isn't worth 12 imo

4 years ago

That's true, perceived value is always in the eye of the beholder.

4 years ago

Only Hitman 2 and Bard's Tale 4 wishlisted...not now, when corona is on the table. Will pause, maybe they will offer me a discount so i will re-think then

4 years ago

i need an auto-pause solution

4 years ago

It's a good bundle but seems niche when reading comments here. I don't think anyone has mentioned that Driftland The Magic Revival is a decent Majesty 2-like that I've been waiting for a sale or bundle and here it is. TWO Zach games! Opus Magnum was an amazing fun puzzler so I'm looking forward to Molek. Ofc, Gris - that I'm not interested in -, This is the Police 2 and Bard's Tale IV are also well-known names. Personally I already have Hitman 2 Gold but I still got it and split for the other games.

tl;dr - It's a good bundle but as usual not for everyone's taste.

4 years ago

If you're looking for nuanced, reasonable analysis of a Humble monthly, where people realize that "I personally don't like this" is not the same as "this sucks"...

You are in the wrong place.

4 years ago

I have contributed a comment towards balancing this sad fact!

4 years ago

Yes you have, and that is a good thing!

4 years ago

Driftland is ... I mean I don't even like Majesty 2? Or I didn't when it came out.
Wasn't super pleased by Driftland but I'm very open to hearing your take.

It's really hard to find a good indirect control strategy game.
Or even indirect control city buildery games that don't have super stupid citizen AI.

4 years ago

Although it's "indirect control" like Majesty 2, no unit will ever say "I'm not travelling 50km just for 10 gold" so it might as well be a queue system. The upside is there are no citizens outside of combat units which simplify things so you don't have to worry about stupid AI.

I played through the first campaign of four and it was average, normal difficulty was fairly easy. The tooltip on harder difficulty seems to mirror Civilization/Stellaris games difficulty where enemies would get more resources at a faster rate instead of being smarter. Campaign is great in that it gives you different victory conditions and you're forced to expand differently - focus on different resources or build an army to rush the enemy castle - so you don't fall into the rhythm of winning the same way. There is a MP mode which I cannot comment on, as well as a skirmish set your own rules mode for single player game.

There is diplomacy but it has not been very important thus far in the first campaign, probably more for skirmish single games.

It plays out similar to Northgard or Civ games I'd say. Driftland doesn't have a "wow" factor but it's solid city building with some magic spells thrown in during combat. I'd recommend it to city building lovers, might be a bit bland if you aren't.

Overall I'm having fun in Campaign :)

4 years ago*

i wanted hitman 2 and this is the police 2 so bad... and bought them both around christmas... wish i waited haha guess im pausing this month.

4 years ago

Is any game drm free?

4 years ago

MOLEK-SYNTEZ & Opus Magnum

4 years ago

Thank you for the help. Good to know that humble keeps giving drm free games.

4 years ago

Pity, but as I own the once-free base part of Hitman 2, I cannot enter giveaways for the complete edition.

4 years ago

4 years ago

You can always re-enable any "permanently" removed package with a click or two anyway, right? :P

4 years ago

Yep you can

4 years ago

can you?

4 years ago

Yes you can! Did it with a game or two when had to have it for multiplayer, or something changed my mind on the game itself and restored it.

4 years ago

I will buy the bundle this month for Gris and Opus Magnum.
I am planning to give away the third game, so I will choose Hitman 2 which is probably the most popular (?).
But can I give the key to anyone or is there some country restrictions?

4 years ago

Depends on the country you are buying it from. The info is at the top of this thread.

4 years ago

If I understand correctly, since I am from France (ROW), I won't be able to give the game on Steamgift. Is that it?

4 years ago

ROW keys should be redeemable everywhere

4 years ago

Welp. Even though i'm interested in Hitman 2, GRIS and Bard's Tale i guess i'll pass this time around. My currency is tanking and my backlog is strong enough as it is. Still tempting but welp. Yes. Nice bundle because of those 3 titles. Yes.

4 years ago

It's getting worse each month.. It's just not worth it.

4 years ago

I'm annoyed at the fact that two games from last month have been put into Trove. I don't feel like I wasted a claim because I didn't want any of the other ones, but it still cheapens it.

3 years ago

Anyone knows how the Hitman 2 gold bundle works? Do you get a discount for owning part of it or not? And if there's a discount how much is the discount for owning the standard edition?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Oh that sucks, it makes the choice harder.

Anyways thanks for the info.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

If only there was a choice to just get Gris, but cheaper then the full price of basic... such a beautiful game... :P

4 years ago

Trading? "Fair trading" at Group Buys? Grey market? The latter option would set you back less than $3 and the previous ones are probably even cheaper.

4 years ago

hmmm. not using any kind of market tbh, so i wouldn't know. can't really spent the time for it either at this point in life, unfortunately.

4 years ago

Fair enough, I get that. I find it amusing to dabble in a bit of trading every now and then, especially these slow days. In any case, buying from grey market sites is as quick as any storefront, if you just want the game.

4 years ago

As a non-subscriber, would using the free premium month from my Covid-19 bundle purchase grant me the 20% Humble Store discount, as well?

4 years ago

Yes. You are a subscriber then, no matter how you got that month.

4 years ago

Great to know, thank you much!

4 years ago

So Hitman is on sale, I haven't redeemed a started edition keybyet. Wtf is the difference between expansion pass and Silver to Gold upgrade? I don't even see Silver listed?

4 years ago

standard edition have 7 locations. There is a free hitman 2 which gives 1 location free to everyone. There was a sliver edition which gives standard edition and first expansion (1 new location), it seems to be removed. But the option is for those who bought silver edition before. Then there is gold edition which contains standard edition and both expansion.

4 years ago

I think this may be helpful to some:

Hey, I want the full Hitman 2 experience, now that I own it thanks to this bundle

buy this after redeeming the humble key: https://store.steampowered.com/app/957690/HITMAN2__Expansion_Pass/ btw it's currenty on sale

Hey, I want the season 1 campaign in hitman 2, but I don't own Hitman 2016

you can either buy the goty legacy pack: https://store.steampowered.com/app/960831/HITMAN__GOTY_Legacy_Pack/ or buy Hitman 2016 or Hitman 2016 GOTY and keep reading

Hey, I want the season 1 campaign in hitman 2, and I already own Hitman 2016 vanilla

just launch hitman 2, and season 1 will redeem automatically

Hey, I want the season 1 campaign and the 2016 GOTY stuff in hitman 2, and I already own Hitman 2016 GOTY

just launch hitman 2, and season 1 and the 2016 GOTY campaign will redeem automatically

Hey, I want the season 1 campaign in hitman 2, and I already own Hitman 2016 but not the GOTY edition

just launch hitman 2 to get season 1 in, and buy the legacy GOTY upgrade: https://store.steampowered.com/app/960832/HITMAN__GOTY_Legacy_Pack_Upgrade/

Hey, I don't want hitman 2, but I own some Hitman 2016 edition, and I want to play in the new engine

Just launch the free edition steam://run/863550/ and the 2016 content will redeem in there

Hey, I paused this month, but I want to buy the whole Hitman 2 experience on steam

Buy this https://store.steampowered.com/sub/272966/ and you are set. Get season 1 as described above

If you are not sure what version of Hitman 2016 you have, here is the GOTY sub: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4854/HITMAN__Game_of_The_Year_Edition/

even after all this mess, and owning everything, you may find DLC that does not appear as owned. For example, I own Vanilla, Season pass, and the GOTY 2016 content that redeemed automatically, and the silver to gold package and the GOTY upgrade do not show as owned, but I own the content. Those packages are there just for upgrades.

collectors may find going the 2016 route better, to get a +1 in the library, and also because some believe 2016 is better in the old engine/prefer to play with the old bugs
Hope it helps

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Damn that's such a mess...
Thanks a lot for making it much easier to us!

4 years ago

you are welcome, mate. cheers

4 years ago

This is way more useful than any of the information provided in the Steam Page. Thank you very much <3 <3

PS: I already had HITMAN GOTY edition and I was missing Patient Zero to get the full HITMAN 2016 experience. I bought it through HITMAN 2 GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade as you advised but I would like to know out of curiosity if I'll be able to play Patient Zero on the HITMAN 2016 engine or just in HITMAN 2 engine?

4 years ago

You are welcome.
The legacy upgrade is only for Hitman 2, I am afraid, but check this out:
As far as the current steam listing goes, 2016 GOTY does include Patient Zero: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4854/HITMAN__Game_of_The_Year_Edition/
So if you don't have it listed, you may not have 2016 GOTY to begin with.
You can refund the hitman 2 legacy upgrade, buy what you are missing from the 2016 GOTY package, and then launch hitman 2 to get everything redeemed there, if you really need that content on both games.
I am not sure what is cheaper. It depends in what you are missing from that link.
Hope it helps.

edit: I think I am going to add this situation to the post. thank you

4 years ago

You're right, I thought I had HITMAN GOTY but in fact I just have vanilla HITMAN. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't mind just being able to play PZ on HITMAN 2 and in fact it's actually cheaper to pay for the GOTY Upgrade for HITMAN 2 (which ended up being 1,99 €) than buying the rest of the HITMAN 2016 GOTY Bundle (that includes PZ and it costs 3,66 € to upgrade). Thank you for the feedback <3

4 years ago

Hitman, May 2019 I paid:

May 29, 2019
HITMAN; - Bonus Campaign Patient Zero
HITMAN; - GOTY Outfit Bundle
$6.60

May 29, 2019
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman Absolution
Hitman Contracts
$7.67

$14.27 and I thought it was a decent deal. Now, do I want to use my HB key to get the rest of the DLC? Seems like a waste...

4 years ago

I just got the Hıtman 2 as a gift from someone, and surprise surprise... The key has region lock (it didn't say anything while i accept the gift tho...)

Anyway, do you know if i can still ask support for replacement? Since it is a gift key?

4 years ago

Typically humble dislikes uses like this site, and I think they consider it like trading.
They may give some respect to the buyer, but not likely your position in this one.

4 years ago*

I didn't get it from this site actually, plus it wasn't a key that they send me. It was a HB gift link.

If you ask me they should provide me a new key. At least that is what makes sense to me. Looks like i will try and see.

(If i ask the support, they can't block the current key before giving me a new one, right?)

4 years ago

They are not the publisher of the game, so should have no power to block or revoke the key.

4 years ago

4 years ago

humble supports are quite friendly as far as i remembered , but those were the times before ign acquired em.

3 years ago

Tomorrow is the autocharge day, so here's a reminder to pause if you don't want this Humble Choice.

3 years ago

Thanks for the reminder!

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.