1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Here's a little under 10€ historical lows biased AF recommendations list:

Death and Taxes 70% (3,59€ for me) and 85.33% positive rattings

• This one is really funny. It just is. The art is great as well. Trust me. Get it. DO IT.

The Forest 75% (4,19€ for me) and 94.24% positive rattings

• You can't go wrong with The Forest if you like stuff like Subnautica for example. Plus it's got multiplayer. You don't have to die alone!

Catherine Classic 75% (4,99€ for me) and 85.32% positive rattings

• Really a classic tbh. IIRC this ATLUS game came out 2 or 3 years after P4 and the story + gameplay is as gripping as their SMT Persona games series + same art style. Although it's a little more mature it's not distasteful.
  • Bonus points, it's pride month and there's a properly written minor trans character who's personality isn't built around their gender or comes off as overly preachy. Happens once in a blue moon people!(Try to give me crap this and I will shove my T vials down your throat. Fair. Warning.)
  • I regret not getting the SE of this game when it came out, it was really funny. It included the main character's boxers and T-shirt.

Viscera Cleanup Detail 55% (5,84€ for me) and 90.81% positive rattings

• This is honestly the BEST game to play with someone if you just want to chat while playing and cooperating. It's good for making friends or catching up with friends. Doesn't really take a lot of brain juice to play so you don't have to focus on two things at once. It's just chilling and mopping up "gruesome" death and destruction scenes. It has single player too so don't sulk just yet. I'm a bit of a clean freak IRL so this one is just terapheutic for me sometimes. You'll recognise some of the stages from other games by the way.

In Sound Mind 70% (8,99€ for me) and 89.59% positive rattings

• I'm currently streaming this on Twitch and I am honestly having a blast. A horror game that deals with a range of mental illnesses while emcompassing supernatural elements + other things that I will not spoil for you. The soundtrack is by The Living Tombstone and it's also absolutely amazing. Plus, you can pet the cat! That's a MUST in ANY game.

Road 96 50% (9,98€ for me) and 88.93% positive rattings

• This one is another really great game with a great story and OST. The replayability is a little... Meh. But at this price I think it's definitely worth it. You're better off going in blind on this one so no spoilers.

Devil May Cry 5 67% (9,89€€ for me) and 93.29% positive rattings

• The DMC series is one of THOSE series for me like MGS (DmC doesn't count, DmC doesn't exist, get off my lawn) so I was honestly pleasantly surprised with DMC 5. We get our boys back the way they're supposed to be with the dynamic that they always had, our BAMF ladies are back with an addition to the cast, everything is edgy, over the top as hell, funny and Dante is finally becoming the cringe uncle we always knew he would be. Vergil is still Vergil. Nero isn't as whiny... AS whiny. Basically all is right with the world... Erm... As right as the world can be in the DMC universe at least.
  • Bonus points, go watch some of the CH players queue up combos on YouTube and tell me that that is not the MOST satisfying thing to see. Beautiful.
  • My most biased AF entry TBH. These game series are my babies.
1 year ago

The character that you talked about in Catherine is not present in the classic version.

1 year ago

Source please? I'm prety sure Erica has always been in the game...

1 year ago

Obviously he's talking about the 真自由 ending partner - Rin.

1 year ago

It's really not that obvious at all, I don't even know about that character... Erica however has always been a trans woman in the game and in all realeases as far as I know?

https://catherine.fandom.com/wiki/Erica_Anderson

And what does "真自由" mean? When I search it I get an absolute mixed bag of hodge podge.but no clarification on the meaning?

1 year ago

Yet it is. It is obvious if you know about both versions of the game. Although it's a funny situation when one person doesn't know about Erica being trans and you not knowing about FB plotline.
真自由 (which is a combination of the first kanji of SMT -true- and freedom in japanese) was meant as a true true freedom ending for Vincent. I assume you know about Vincent's true freedom ending, so just check out Rin's ending, or maybe wait for PC release of FB version.

1 year ago

Or maybe I'm going to ignore all the pretentious things you wrote right now because I was talking about the game that is currently on sale during the steam sale. The topic of this thread. Also why didn't you just write Full Body instead of FB or using another language entirely to make it even more confusing? My boyfriend had to actually tell me what FB is.

There's always that one person that has to come into a topic and smack down that "no fun allowed" sign...

1 year ago

Yeah, you really are a "no fun allowed" person, huh

1 year ago

I was talking about Rin. I didn't knew that Erica is a trans.

1 year ago

She is, you get clues about it if you talk to certain rams before the puzzle sequences that I won't mention because spoilers.

1 year ago

So far I have refunded 2 of my purchases, Assetto Corsa and Geometry Dash and only one is pending.

1 year ago

1 year ago*

Pretty underwhelming summer sale. You can find better deals on Fanatical.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Xenon Racer, never bundled, - 90 %, 1.49 eur (historical low because price reduction)
Way of the Passive Fist, -90 %, 1.29 eur
Crumbling World -90%, 1.24 eur, never bundled, historical low.

1 year ago*

Any tips for great bundle deals in the sale?
Aka games you can get especially cheap if you own others in the series or by developer?

This is usually were the best deals are IMO.

1 year ago

Any recommendations for someone who likes rogue-lites and metroidvanias with 3700 games and a $10 budget? Not into card games

1 year ago*

Gunfire Reborn 15 dollars but worth it, this is the best rogue-lite fps game on the market.
Roboquest 14 dollars but fun
Griftlands 13,50 dollars but this the rogue-lite deckbuilder game you missing
Monster Train here something for your budget 7,50 dollars this game is slay the spires cousin.

1 year ago

Gunfire reborn looks interesting so does roboquest but both are over my limit. I didnt like slay the spire so the other 2 arent for me.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

I played Children of morta and beat it and have put a bit of time into streets of rogue and really enjoy it for coop.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Salt and Sancturary is on a good sale, though it might not be exactly what you're after.
Edit: ok I see you already own it. How about Synthetik? It's a top down shooter roguelite and it has the best gunplay in a top-down shooter I've played; you can even aim for headshots.

1 year ago*

Synthetik has had my eye for awhile, would you say the 2nd one is worse or better?

1 year ago

I only played the demo but I was quite underwhelmed, it's pretty much a downgrade in most regards. It might improve with updates but I don't see it beating the 1st game unfortunately. The whole feel of the game is more basic and janky, and It's missing the special charm and soul of the 1st game, for example the art style looks much more generic compared to the 1st game, which had a unique 2.5d look. For better or worse, (spoiler: it's worse) it's the kind of sequel you would expect from a triple A game company who makes a game solely to please shareholders, not an indie dev who is pouring their heart into the game.

1 year ago

I've been noticing that a number of games on my wishlist, are actually on sale for cheaper on sites like Fanatical and Gamebillet. So maybe it would be a good idea to double check those sites before making a purchase on Steam.

Gamebillet seems like it has better discounts on a number of AAA games. (For example, Horizon Zero Dawn is 65% off on Gamebillet vs 50% off on Steam)

1 year ago

1 year ago

Of the ride games, Ride2 and Ducati 90th are my favorites. YMMV

1 year ago

Here is a list of 90-100, 50%+ discounted games, all on new or repeated historical lows played before and they are worth to play if meets the genre choices of the players:
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/30168383-Average-Achievement-Hunter/list/95672
I actually going to make many giveaways from these games during the weekend, but those giveaways would be probably restricted to the group of my curator or playing appreciated group, as dont want gift steam purchased good games just to sit on someones library as +1.

1 year ago

Discounts or not, those are very solid recommendations even as what to play from backlog!

1 year ago

Over the Alps -50% historical low
A visual novel where you play a spy who tells story by sticking stamps on postcards.

Banner of the maid -60% steam historical low
A chinese wargroove-like where you play Napoleon's sister fighting Marie-Antoinette, with supernatural powers, english available.

Blind drive -40% historical low
A game where you drive but you see nothing, you just hear.

Astrologaster -50% steam historical low
You play Simon Forman, a doctor using astrology in a sort of funny theatre play

And Tangle tower, but you've probably all already noticed Tangle tower historical low.

1 year ago

1 year ago*

Towaga Among Shadows 90% off. never bundled
https://store.steampowered.com/app/907600/Towaga_Among_Shadows/

Darkestville Castle a beautiful adventure Lucasart style. 80% off
https://store.steampowered.com/app/689900/Darkestville_Castle/

1 year ago*

A big thank you for all your recommendations which were helpful to find a few games. I want to return the favor with:

Valley 90% off, historical low
https://store.steampowered.com/app/378610/Valley/

1 year ago

1 year ago

I do not know if I'm right to say that, but I guess from the above discounts, you may not be financially comfortable these days. So, take a look here. There is a message a month ago that says it still works.

P.S. Also keep in mind that the Final Cut is actually the definitive edition of the trilogy. Unfortunately I can not talk about any differences.

1 year ago*

I took your advice and it still works, i received final cut key succesfully, thanks!

1 year ago

what to do with one card when 9 cards are missing :)

1 year ago

Turn into gems?

1 year ago

You can grab one new card every day till July, 7.

1 year ago

how

1 year ago

You can get a card per day when you view your discovery queue.

1 year ago

i picked up for - 75%:

• heroes of might and magic 3 HD (afaik returning low)
  • Hand of fate 2
1 year ago

I'm not sure but I remember reading sometime before that the GoG version of HoMM3 is superior to the one on Steam.

1 year ago

You're right. The Steam version lacks some content.

1 year ago

Is anyone having serious issues with cards? I don't get any card after the discovery queue since yesterday, the ones I got until now are in my inventory even after I made a listing for them, didn't show up in the confirmation section on Steam mobile and there's nothing in the market. When I try to sell it again I get the message "there's already a listing bla bla bla", but there isn't.

1 year ago

Everything works for me.
About that "there is already a listing" problem, sometimes it happens to me too, go to steam market to cancel the pending confirmation and list the card again.

1 year ago

Thanks for the advice but my market isn't displaying any pending confirmation, that's my issue

1 year ago

Try contacting Steam support then?

1 year ago

I think I will :)

1 year ago

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.