I found this very interesting and I'm honestly happy for those who get to try it.

Have you've played The Sims series? Do you like the Sims 4? Which expansion do you enjoy mostly?

Origin : https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-desert-luxe-kit
Steam : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1932741/The_Sims_4_Desert_Luxe_Kit/

On PlayStation and Xbox you need to claim it in-game before the 18th, next month.

With ASF:
!addlicense 782948

If you wish to get the Sims sticker check here.

Sul Sul!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i played the older sims and to be honest never got much out of it and had some sims game on the gba but all they seemed to do on it was need the toilet all the time

1 year ago

Bladder problems I guess. xD

1 year ago

It seems that the Kidney Lady from Howard the Duck was right:

View attached image.
1 year ago*

I wanted to try the series and I bought The Sims 3 last week...

Thank you for the info!.

1 year ago*

You're welcome! I know it's not much, but hey, nobody needs to buy the base game... which is great!

1 year ago

sims 3 is still the best sims. wish they would remake and fix those load times. also no need for origin

1 year ago

I loved The Sims 3. I was really disappointed that they went back to the Sims 2 formula. The city, open-world was such a nice touch. I hope we get to see that in The Sims 5. Which rumor has it it will have online features. Idk how I feel about that.

1 year ago

Sims 3 can keep every citizen in city cemetery when they died. I usually dig disappeared friends out from there without loading save files. You can always peep other people's busy life, and that's so funny. Sims 4's NPC just putting on a play around you. But Sims 3 can't play a map too long for lacking optimization. Haven't played both for long time.

1 year ago

depending on if you did already play for 2h you could maybe refund it

1 year ago

Great help! Thanks!

1 year ago

Thankst!

1 year ago

That's cool, thanks for the heads up!

1 year ago

You're welcome! I enjoy the series, for me this is great news for fans or those who want to try it.

1 year ago

Making base game free and hope to sell sheetload of nonsense overpriced DLCs? All DLCs - 984,43€ .. is that a joke? 1000€ for ONE complete game? :]

1 year ago*

True. I don't like the idea, but I like that they are trying to give something for free, which I've never seen coming from Maxis and EA.

1 year ago

The only reason that I own Sims 4 is that it was given away on Origin before. The base game is like a demo really, if you don't buy DLC to go with it. That's why I could never get into it. The DLC are like 40 euro each.

I did play older Sims games years ago. I did like those. But meh.

1 year ago

^^^

1 year ago

Well, that's probably what the service is going to be, entry point for new players who want to give the 4th a shot. Not a bad idea. Free stuff is always nice.

1 year ago

Iirc the older sims game also has a similar thing like dlc. I did remember having to install additional contents from like 4 cds (it's called expansion pack iirc), and the game was pretty bare bones without those.

Edit: in case i didnt make it clear, i just want to say that it seems that it has been the business model of this title for years.

1 year ago*

You could be right, but I don't really remember it being that bare bones. Could be 15-20 years ago since I played those games and we might have had expansion packs. Shared games with my siblings and friends back then, of course.

I tried Sims 4 for nostalgia reasons and went... "nah" =)

1 year ago

the game was free for like 3 times. from 12 hours to 1 week.
own it, never played it xD

1 year ago

I do recommend it if you get some of the best DLC's that kinda define the game.

1 year ago

And mods. Some mods were well ahead of what TS4 was offered in the base game and only recently did the devs decide to incorporate some of the things that already existed in mods - with the expected kinks to work out.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

1 year ago

can't wait

View attached image.
1 year ago

If that's you man... that's some creative stuff! 🀣

1 year ago

Kevin, is that you?

View attached image.
1 year ago

Still haven't played the complete version of the 2nd they gave years ago, but played quite some of the first one.
4 being free is not something I was shooting for, but it's a welcomed surprise.

1 year ago

I wish I was there to get the 2nd game completely. I would have loved to just have the entire collection.

1 year ago

I played them a lot back in the day, including The Sims 2. Tried to pick the game up again in 2019 and was surprised by how quickly I got bored of it hahaha playing with all the expansion packs made the experience pretty different from what I remember back in the day, where I had one or maybe two expansion packs only

1 year ago

Some games don't feel the same after so many years. I can admit that the most I've sat with the Sims was Sims 3 and after that Sims 2.

1 year ago

I have the same problem with the Sims games: I enjoy playing for a bit, creating my characters and home, but when it comes to actually playing the game I don't last as long. I guess I enjoy more the creation aspect.

Also the Sims 1 OST kicks ass

1 year ago

I love it when people get to create challenges and do those. I tend to play it for 1-2 weeks then I take break for 6-8 months. There's always that "Sims Mood" for me that gets me hooked for a few days/weeks.

1 year ago

The base game does not have much content

1 year ago

I know, but it's still something. πŸ˜€

1 year ago

I loved Sims 2, Loved sims 3 and enjoyed Sims 4 as well.

But I wont even lie - I pirated all of them and I am proud of it. Its a DLC fest that is on it's way on being offensive even. Every little detail of the game is behind DLC which costs as full game. Sims 4 went to extreme lengths to hide any decent addition behind paywall. Base game basically is useless. It's pay to win.

I even have base game on Origin.. I think I've gotten it for free at some point in time. Still it's pretty much useless as you have to pay shitloads of money to get it playable. So - cool, but pretty much useless apart from trying if it runs or something like that. Base game is almost like a demo for the full game.

1 year ago

Been there man. I've done that too. The Sims 4 is the only time I actually own them and purchased them almost entirely bit by bit. I lived in a country where I couldn't afford to buy 1 AAA game for over $50. Not to mention an entire collection of $500 worth of DLC's.

1 year ago

It would be decent if they instead made like 98% of the dlc part of the main game and just kept like 3 dlc's separate. This way they're just playing people who are gonna try the base game, see it's dog water since it's been basically ripped of all interesting content, tell themselves well the pets dlc is gonna make it more fun, then they gotta buy the highschool dlc, now the bowling alley dlc, oh shit forgot about the breathing dlc and eating dlc. Gotta buy that clicking dlc too. Just like that you've just spent $1000 on getting all the dlc's for sims 4, the equivalent of like 15 AAA games on release. To make it more "fun", you can't even family share your content so other family members can play, but you can "share" the link to the game so that they too can get the base game for free and pay $1000 in dlc's. It's as toxic as it can get from a company.

Also, nice to know Disney Dreamlight Valley is following suit with a game price in early access at $29.99 and already a dlc at $70 and in game purchasable currency for extra stuff. I wonder what aren't they selling. Can I buy Walt Disney's bath water?

1 year ago

Dreamlight Valley is going to be free to play in at least half a year. You could just buy a discounted Xbox Game Pass code and have the standard version of the game, if you wanted it. I've been in the official Discord server for the game and the devs have been promising the only "missable"/paywalled thing are going to be the cosmetics. It does sound too good to be true, but at the same time, it's not like the game is broken or anything, I've been playing it for a few days now.

1 year ago

I wish them best of luck. All their games produced so far are Free To Play. I mean, they surely are doing something that includes micro-transactions or something, have a look.

1 year ago

It would be decent if they instead made like 98% of the dlc part of the main game and just kept like 3 dlc's separate.

I would like that, but sadly EA and Paradox Entertainment will never do that.

This way they're just playing people who are gonna try the base game, see it's dog water since it's been basically ripped of all interesting content, tell themselves well the pets dlc is gonna make it more fun, then they gotta buy the highschool dlc, now the bowling alley dlc, oh shit forgot about the breathing dlc and eating dlc. Gotta buy that clicking dlc too. Just like that you've just spent $1000 on getting all the dlc's for sims 4, the equivalent of like 15 AAA games on release. To make it more "fun", you can't even family share your content so other family members can play, but you can "share" the link to the game so that they too can get the base game for free and pay $1000 in dlc's. It's as toxic as it can get from a company.

Totally see your point. Too much for what could be in the base game. Seasons for instance should be an must basic thing.

Also, nice to know Disney Dreamlight Valley is following suit with a game price in early access at $29.99 and already a dlc at $70 and in game purchasable currency for extra stuff. I wonder what aren't they selling. Can I buy Walt Disney's bath water?

My wife plays the game. She likes it a lot and recommends it though. I just hope we're not going to be spammed with content and get 1 character/dlc.

1 year ago

I just hope we're not going to be spammed with content and get 1 character/dlc.

As I mentioned in my other reply, according to the devs the only paid thing are going to be the cosmetics. Which checks out, you'd have to be mad to need to own everything of that sort...

1 year ago

There's people out there that spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on loot-boxes and other cosmetics. I'd never be surprised. πŸ˜†

1 year ago

Well... yeah... we did get someone in the server who was ready to get the highest tier of EA just for all the cosmetics (some real extreme FOMO going on there) and I somehow dissuaded them from playing really fast, lol. It was either that or Disney Magical World 2, I believe. They might have changed their mind since then though. From my experience, it's fun unlocking the cosmetics, but I hardly ever play around with them, unless the game explicitly asks me to. I just know it doesn't matter in the long run.

1 year ago

Any way to delete games on Origin ? I don't want to keep a F2P game in my library

1 year ago

To Delete a game from your game's list you have to go to Origin > Account > Games > Pick the game you want to delete > Delete > Done!

1 year ago

Maybe just add that if you own the base game there's a Desert Lux Kit that's free to grab until the date the game goes FTP.
This Desert Lux Kit is free to grab on Origin, Steam, and consoles.

Little something for the people that bought the game and aren't just going to get it for free next month.

1 year ago

For sure, someone linked it in the group. You think I should add it in the post?

1 year ago

Would be nice yeah :)
Origin : https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-desert-luxe-kit
Steam : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1932741/The_Sims_4_Desert_Luxe_Kit/
On Playstation and XBox you need to claim it in-game before the 18th next month

1 year ago

Thanks for this. I've updated the info.

1 year ago

One thing that will be nice for this, is I will be able to finally get the base game on steam (if its f2p on steam) since I heard you just relaly need the base game on steam and it will recognize all the DLC you may own on say origin.,

edit:only reason wanted it on steam, since figured it would work better nativly on steam deck, verses the whole hassel trying to do it via origin and etc)

1 year ago

I've not tried it yet on my Steam Deck. It's playable so I can expect it to work somewhat okay. I think it's as close to the consoles as it can get in controls. Unless the console versions are a bit different in controls.

I recommend having just the base game on Steam and launching it from there. It basically shows that you're playing the Sims from Steam. You can own the rest of the DLC's on Origins.

1 year ago

Redeemed the free Desert Lux Kit on Origin. I got The Sims 4 on Origin years ago when it was free.
Time to get it even on Steam next month :)

1 year ago

That's awesome! I already bought it a year or so back on Steam for Β£4.

1 year ago

some people say about claiming the free desert dlc before it goes free:

2 questions:
how do i do this when it says you need base game of sims 4
also is this the just the desert one or also the christmas one

thanks

1 year ago

I did it on Origin, because I am subscribed to Game Pass, which includes EA Play, which includes The Sims 4.

Maybe you can do it on Steam if you are subscribed to EA Play there.

1 year ago*

I wanted the Subscription to range the DLC's, but that never was the case.

1 year ago

I like how noone thought to include this offer in the OP or make a new thread about the promotion, while it was still active.. o.O

Holiday's been free before, and Legacy's just a version of the game for older computers and is always available, so Desert Lux's the one that woulda most benefitted from some mention. Hopefully those that missed it and want it will get another shot at it (as with the Holiday pack).

1 year ago*

The short answer: You can't do this without owning Sims 4.
The whole point of the free DLC is to be a reward for current owners of the base game :P

If you buy the game before then or have it through EA Play then you can get the DLC for free

1 year ago

I hope the answers from Wok and CBlade helped you.

1 year ago

yes thanks - i don't really want to play Sims in any format at all to be honest - i just collect free games and dlc

1 year ago

Oh well... whatever floats your boat. πŸ˜‹

1 year ago

I played Sim 1 for while in 2000 or 2001, was fun but no lasting memories. I might have tried Sim 2 but honestly don't remember.

1 year ago*

What a memory that was. Have you've considered playing the 3rd or the 4th?

1 year ago

Not really. Not too much time for gaming in general and a backlog of games that are much more appealing.

1 year ago

I liked the sims 1 as well. I did try 4 but i never got into it. The price of, and number of, DLCs turns me off.

1 year ago

It was the same with 3rd. but somewhat those expansions are a lot more appealing if I think about it.

1 year ago

The basegame had been free before (I think in May 2018), that's when I got it! I played a bit and The Sims 4 is quite fun. And so much custom content online!

1 year ago

I wasn't aware of it. I'm glad that it's now officially going F2P.

1 year ago

Thank you infoβ™ͺ πŸ™„ooO(DLC...DLC...DLC..πŸ˜ͺ)

1 year ago

yeah, well nothing can be perfect.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

I loved The Sims 3 out of all of them, I do like some features present and improved in Sims 4, but I dislike the loading screens and just overall the fact that it's feeling like The Sims 2.

1 year ago

used to play the original sometimes when i was a kid, and i picked up (i think) sims 3 from an old humble origin bundle, but never got around to playing it.
it does make sense they'd make this game f2p though considering all the expansions they have for sale.

1 year ago

Yes, that's right. I was surprised to find that they gave away the entire Sims 2 collection for free at some point. I wanted to own it.

1 year ago

Anyway i want The Sims 2 for PC again, they removed it from buying time ago
shame

1 year ago

I wish I was there to know about it when it was given all for free or something. That's what I understood. πŸ€”

1 year ago

I don't know why EA would wait until mid-October to do this. Nobody is going to buy Sims 4 in the interim since it'll be free soon enough anyway.

1 year ago

Idk either. I mean, it's a good move if they are planning to get more players to try the game, but hey, there's something we. as consumers, may not understand.

1 year ago

Closed 2 months ago by Vasharal.