January 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 5th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Total Tank Simulator

• Japan receives {449434} - can be redeemed only in Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel. It's unknown whether the other countries from this list receive the same region-locked sub or a ROW key.
  • Everyone else: {192045} (can be activated anywhere)

Premium and Classic customers receive all games.

It is the 6th month in a row for this promotion.

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense asf 252822,323317,518529,512234

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
PC Building Simulator 94% of 23303 🏆 3.00 CV app/621060 W 1 $19.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 79% of 2485 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/536270 W 0 $39.99
Pathologic 2 92% of 3724 🏆 5.25 CV app/505230 W 0 $34.99
Warhammer: Chaosbane 52% of 1883 🏆 4.50 CV app/774241 W 0 $29.99
Total Tank Simulator 79% of 2610 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/674500 W 0 $19.99
SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION 83% of 805 - 🏆 4.50 CV sub/451636 W 0 $29.99
Not Tonight 86% of 1028 🏆 3.00 CV app/733790 W 0 $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York 80% of 321 🏆 1.95 CV app/1279630 W M L 0 $12.99
Tales of the Neon Sea 81% of 975 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/828740 W 0 $16.99
Minoria 85% of 865 🏆 3.00 CV app/940910 W 0 $19.99
Deleveled 100% of 27 🏆 1.50 CV ⚙️ app/1045580 W M L 0 $9.99
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines 100% of 16 - 🏆 2.25 CV ⚙️ app/1171660 W 0 $14.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Retail:

• $269.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Heeey! Park-Boy

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

🎊 Happy New Year, everyone! 🎉

View Results
[Recurring subscription] It’s maybe time I stopped buying games and started committing to playing the library I have. But not today...
[New subscription] Ancestors and Pathologic 2 are some amazing headliners and a good start to what I hope will be a successful year. It would be silly not to subscribe, even if past months had better promotions.
[Maybe subscribe] I am 50/50 about the games featured in this month's bundle. Will need to think this one through.
[Pause / Backlog] Here we go again, playing "Pausing My Subscription Simulator"…
[Cancelling / will not buy] I find it better to spend the money on a game or two off my wishlist (especially due to ongoing winter sales) than on these monthly bundles.

5 games from my WL I mean this is one of the better months if I am looking at my WL XD

3 years ago

I wanted to try PC Building simulator and really want this VTM kinetic novel, the rest I'm gonna see what to keep and what to use for gifts or something. For $6 it's worth it.

3 years ago

Hey. Need help with humble.

I created a new account and wanted to buy a year on it for $ 99. Through a visa and through palpay did not give. The mistake is that the order has not been paid for and that's it. then I tried it through the master card, asked for a phone number, checked it and canceled the order. I identified all the new ones. but didn't let me buy

on the old account I canceled the subscription I had a classic and ended on December 25th. and they gave me to buy 1 month for 12 bucks. But more than a year, not half a year, I cannot buy. The same mistake. And they wrote something like this in the support

Hello,

Purchasing has been suspended due to the violations of our Terms of Service found when your purchase attempts have been made.

We are unable to offer you any further purchasing through Humble Bundle.

Thank you,

no longer when and with what is the account. Tell me what to do plizZz)

3 years ago

I'm not the lawyer but it sounds like they banned you for using 2 accounts, possibly IP banned.

3 years ago

How can you solve this? If I register in another house, but use the same credit card as on the old account, will this solve the problem?

3 years ago

All I can think of is to grab all the keys you had in there and save them in case they lock your account, then create a new one and use Paypal instead of a card.

3 years ago

I created a new one already, and it does not work. He writes that I violated something. They answered me that no matter what I tried to create new accounts, it will not help. I understood about the keys. Thank you. Are there any other options?

3 years ago

Reset your router to get a new ip, delete your all your cookies and cache in browser, maybe change your mac adress aswell.

Dont use prev payment options or links with any third party accounts of your old account after that

3 years ago

Anyone played Chaosbane recently? It didn't have a good start I'll probably try it anyway. Not a bad month for me tbh.

3 years ago

I really don't understand people who complain that monthly choice are expensive or not worth it.
Just open steam store page for single game from bundle and compare prices.
12 for 6$ is a 0.5 buck for a single game, which never be at steam store even with 90% discount. (even if you paid 12$ its worth it 1$ for game)

but if you don't like games then why just don't pass away and skip

3 years ago*

Because people have evolved to feeling overly entitled and simply like to complain, always, no matter the circumstances. I mean, they even complain about free stuff a lot of times, which makes even less sense but that's people for ya. :)

3 years ago

But they do pass (maybe not pass away though...) and skip?
As of now there are 78+25 = 103 people that decided not to bite this month.
But I do agree with prices being insanely good. Altough I've seen games cost 0.5$ on steam store with discount, they usually cost <10$ normally, and in this bundle there is only 1 (lowest cost btw) game that costs 10$. This bundle would still be a deal at $27 (cause total retail value is $269.88) with every game being at 90% discount.

3 years ago

I guess they were just referencing people complaining and asking why they complain rather than just ignore it and move on if they're not interested. ^^

3 years ago

It offers me 2 USD off when I try to pause this month.

3 years ago

It offered me 4 USD, when I tried to pause , it's strange..

3 years ago

Only interested in Pathologic 2 + Minoria so overall not worth for me, I'm pausing.

3 years ago

That is very solid. Worth the price tag...

3 years ago

Damn, that's a bad start for 2021. Pause.

Edit: I got a $4 discount and claimed it. Will i lose it if i still pause?

3 years ago*

From my experience, the coupon stays available for the rest of the time you have to get this specific bundle.

3 years ago

Dumb question I bought the 6$ for 6 month bundle but I have yet to "unlock my choice" and a pop up tell me to "pay up". What did I do wrong? I am a newbie when it comes to HB but this is quite confusing.

3 years ago

The bundle isn't yet paid for this month. Payment happens on the last Friday of the month for the bundle of the current month, so if you want to unlock them now, you'll have to pay for them now or wait until the 29th for automatic payment and the games to unlock. Unless you've prepaid the 6 months for $6 each, then you'd probably have to contact support.

3 years ago

How can i do that? I got charged as soon as i pay for it.

3 years ago

If you've been charged or paid in December then that was for the December bundle. If you want the January bundle you'll have to pay the $6 either now to unlock your games or wait until the end of the month to be automatically charged. If you want them now, you just have to click on the button to get them now and a popup window will show up with the price and a pay button, click it, and whatever payment method you've selected will be charged, and then you can select your games and reveal the keys for them.

You did not pay $6 for 6 months but it will only cost you $6 every month for 6 months, so $36 in total, instead of the regular price.

3 years ago

I got charged in december for january bundle when i paid for the deal (there is a popup saying that i already paid for this month, which is true since i already paid the december one in december).

So i need to pause first if i want to be charged at the end of the month? The $6 per month deal is kinda like a mystery bundle then since you can't check which games you can get before paying it.

Thanks for the info! :)

EDIT: nevermind, i just realized that my next charge date is at the end of the month. The inital charge must be happened because i just registered for the monthly subscription. Again, thanks for the info!

3 years ago*

No, that's not how it works. The money you have been charged in December was for the December bundle, not the January one.

The Humble Choice always releases on the first Friday of the month. If you like the games and want them immediately, you have to pay right away, if you want them but don't want to pay right away, you can just wait until the last Friday of the month to be automatically charged and then claim the games, and if you don't want any of the games, you can pause your subscription and not be charged. Whether you pay right away or wait to be automatically charged at the end of the month, it's always for the current month, not the next, when you pay during the month has no influence so your next charge date at the end of the month would be for the January bundle, not the February one, however, if you decide to pay right away, you will not be charged at the end of the month as you've then already paid for the January bundle.

I hope this makes sense and clears things up.

3 years ago*

I paid twice for HB in december actually, that's why i was wondering why everyone got charged at the end of the month. I thought humble was going to charge me later at the end of the month when i applied the $6 deal on the checkout. I think it's because i bought the december one as a gift and the $6 deal one as a non-gift for january.

And yes, you explained it very clearly. Now i don't have to worry about them charging me before i see the next bundle next month. Thanks for the info again! :)

3 years ago

Every month u want pay 6$ first 6 month.

3 years ago

Dang, not really interested in anything except for 1-2 games. This might be the first month I actually pause.

3 years ago

i wanted to pause the bundle and they offered me 4$ discount coupon, so maybe i buy it.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

3 wishlisted games... nice :o)

I am always surprised how many cry "worst bundle/choice ever" ... each month.
A bit "funny" when i think at the same time at the fact that a good bunch of people paid only $6/month and that means 50cents/game. Have fun to find the games at steam for that price :-D

3 years ago*

have 2/3=pause

3 years ago

In this one 8 wishlisted games for me, WHOA. Bought it!

3 years ago

A comment not related to the quality of the games, but about the lack of multi-platform support.
I am closely following HB Monthly/Choice since it started. This is the first time with such a noticeable Windows-only majority.

3 years ago

One of the IDs in the command for ASF is wrong, giving a "Status: Fail" message
Instead of 518531, the sub id should 518529. Or aternatively, !addlicense app/1081970 works as well

3 years ago

I think i'm going to get it. Only interested on PcBuilding, and migth give a try to Pathogenic 2, but i'm just bored.

3 years ago

Gonna have to think about this one but definitely leaning towards pause.
I'm glad HB is checking everyone and keeping it real. Just because we're in 2021 doesn't mean things magically get better.

3 years ago

This is an instant pause to me...

3 years ago

I don't know why so many people don't like this month's choice...
(I mostly gathered informations from reviews and my impressions)

PC Building Simulator - Pretty cool simulator game, of course you won't learn how to build a pc, but it isn't bad either.

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Unique game, probably not for everyone, as it can feel too difficult or grindy.

Pathologic 2 - Decent looking horror game, well rated and pretty long. (30+ hours)

Warhammer: Chaosbane - Warhammer styled diablo game with bad AI and nothing original - Not a good game.

Total Tank Simulator - Simpler looking battlefield-like TABS game, reviews mostly mention bugs and not very good AI - Maybe worth a try?

SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION - From what I read it should be a pretty good horror game, some reviews mention that the perma-death mechanic isn't very good.

Not Tonight - Papers, please like game about UK and brexit, I have it on switch and it's pretty good.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York - mediocore "stand-alone expansion" of Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York, which was included in previous HB choice.

Tales of the Neon Sea - Well rated cyberpunk point-and-click game, not really my cup of tea though.

Minoria - Well rated metrovania-esque, it looks quite good and interesting

Deleveled - Minimalist puzzle-platformer, has a 100% rating

The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines - 2D shooter, has a 100% rating

Even if I don't include Warhammer: Chaosbane and Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York, this month's choice is pretty good!
For $6 it's a no-brainer for me, for $12... I would say it's still a pretty good deal, but I understand if someone is not interested in it for $20.

3 years ago

for me its just the lack of a bigger game, most of those games are alright but not more

3 years ago

In past (2017-2019) we have headliner like Assasin oringis, Hitman, COD + some good B games and pay 12$. Now we have good B games from 19$ but no more.
Yes, when we pay 6$ it's normal take this games but the trend is depressing.

3 years ago

Well, I guess that the headliners here are Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey and PC Building Simulator, which were top selling for a while after their relase, but I understand what you mean.

But when they keep on offering so many deals, it's expected to get worse, isn't it? (of course I hope that it won't but...)

3 years ago

i hope they make DOS+DOS2 bundle XD

PS hah u from Czech, nice place :)

3 years ago*

HB send 12$ offer every month

3 years ago

And u can take only 3 games, not all

3 years ago

for premium choice they sent emails every week with 12$ offers

3 years ago

Bought it only to support Pathologic 2 devs. Already gave away 7 full-priced copies of the game and here comes 8th — those lads deserved it.

3 years ago

I pass this time. Not any game that interests me^^

3 years ago

Hate to lose my $12/month coupon, but Ancestors is the only thing that interests me, so gotta pause.

3 years ago

Ancestors is a big grind, It has a feel like the game wasn't finished properly.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.