January 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 5th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Total Tank Simulator

• Japan receives {449434} - can be redeemed only in Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel. It's unknown whether the other countries from this list receive the same region-locked sub or a ROW key.
  • Everyone else: {192045} (can be activated anywhere)

Premium and Classic customers receive all games.

It is the 6th month in a row for this promotion.

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense asf 252822,323317,518529,512234

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
PC Building Simulator 94% of 23303 🏆 3.00 CV app/621060 W 1 $19.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 79% of 2485 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/536270 W 0 $39.99
Pathologic 2 92% of 3724 🏆 5.25 CV app/505230 W 0 $34.99
Warhammer: Chaosbane 52% of 1883 🏆 4.50 CV app/774241 W 0 $29.99
Total Tank Simulator 79% of 2610 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/674500 W 0 $19.99
SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION 83% of 805 - 🏆 4.50 CV sub/451636 W 0 $29.99
Not Tonight 86% of 1028 🏆 3.00 CV app/733790 W 0 $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York 80% of 321 🏆 1.95 CV app/1279630 W M L 0 $12.99
Tales of the Neon Sea 81% of 975 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/828740 W 0 $16.99
Minoria 85% of 865 🏆 3.00 CV app/940910 W 0 $19.99
Deleveled 100% of 27 🏆 1.50 CV ⚙️ app/1045580 W M L 0 $9.99
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines 100% of 16 - 🏆 2.25 CV ⚙️ app/1171660 W 0 $14.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Retail:

• $269.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Heeey! Park-Boy

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

🎊 Happy New Year, everyone! 🎉

View Results
[Recurring subscription] It’s maybe time I stopped buying games and started committing to playing the library I have. But not today...
[New subscription] Ancestors and Pathologic 2 are some amazing headliners and a good start to what I hope will be a successful year. It would be silly not to subscribe, even if past months had better promotions.
[Maybe subscribe] I am 50/50 about the games featured in this month's bundle. Will need to think this one through.
[Pause / Backlog] Here we go again, playing "Pausing My Subscription Simulator"…
[Cancelling / will not buy] I find it better to spend the money on a game or two off my wishlist (especially due to ongoing winter sales) than on these monthly bundles.

That'll be a skip from me. Nothing that interesting here to me except maybe Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York. Glad I didn't do the $6 deal, and unless the choices get much better I probably won't even renew Choice when my yearly sub runs out.

3 years ago

DAMN! A bundle I would like to pay for (mostly for Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey), but I can't afford it....

3 years ago

Humble killing me like their name was Smallz. December offer me 6 games I had no interest in at ALL, not even to try and trade or GA. Then In January offer me Song of Horror and Pathologic 2(Both WERE on my wishlist until two days ago when I bought them on sale through key sites)

3 years ago

i used my epic 10€ coupon 1 hour before the Humble Choice released and got Ancestors for 5,19 €
glad i could refund :)

3 years ago

What "Run Lock" means?

3 years ago

Thank you. For me it means i cant gift games i dont need to friends, what a shame Humble Bundle (

3 years ago

You can, they just have to be in the same region. (and that is Russia for you)

3 years ago

And most of my steam friends is not from Russia XD

3 years ago

Oh, I see... nevermind then. :D

3 years ago

Hi, I'd like to suggest a new poll choice: something for people who signed up for the $6 / month deal and who wish they could pause but can't.

3 years ago

You can pause, but you will lose the discount.

3 years ago

This is me, lol. The only games I'm remotely interested in are Ancestors, Tales of the Neon Sea and Not Tonight (and I guess PC Building Simulator out of sheer curiosity as to how that could be fun), and I'm not interested enough in any of those to make paying even $6 worth it. I'm sticking with it for now, but if the next couple of months are as bad as this one, I'll probably cancel early.

I guess this is why they gave us that deal. XD

3 years ago

lol people complaining like crazy about these last two bundles, but im loving the switch to more niche and well, fun, games. can't fucking STAND grand strategy and rts or buttgames like CoD. give me all the roguelikes, metroidvanias, arpgs and casual puzzle games

3 years ago

Not even the $6 a month offer would be worth it, been a long while since i last bought a monthly and not planning to in the foreseeable future.

3 years ago

50 cents per game, multiple have historic lows still above $10 each. Not worth $6? :'D

3 years ago

Of they don't like it, then no, it does not worth it.

3 years ago

Still worth, resells for 2x or more

3 years ago

Not everyone is a trader mate, time to accept it.

3 years ago

Doesn't make it not worth it :'D

3 years ago

I personally would not pay money for a bunch of games I'm not interested in. I wouldn't even take PC Building Simulator, or Ancestors if they were free. Apparently others think the same.
It may cost lower than in stores, but their value is absolutely zero for certain people.

3 years ago

It's nice to see some ppl that actually know the value of things.

3 years ago

Didn't ppl started to get banned from HB bc of giving the games away? Such a thing would only work with non-traders anyway, too much investment for so little gain.

3 years ago

If you are complaining about the worth of a games bundle, you shouldn't then be saying 2 minutes of your time for making 150% of its cost isn't worth the investment. You can't get banned if you trade game keys, obviously only really works if you're trading with someone with decent reputation though.

3 years ago

I doubt it would take me 2 minutes to sell all of the games back for 150%, now you're just being silly.

3 years ago

it would take less than 2 minutes for any trader to find someone to buy it off them for less than 2 minute

3 years ago

I don't understand what you meant by "buy it off them for less than 2 minute" but in any case not everyone is a trader. I'd say if you can get 150% from the bundle in less than 2 minutes you should make it a full time job, in 1 hour you'd have sold at least 30 which being ~9 each would give you a net proffit of at least $90 in just 1 hour.

3 years ago

you don't say eh i wonder if there are people out there doing this already hmm

3 years ago

Certainly the minority

3 years ago

people have too high expectations. i wanna know what they think it's worth lmao

3 years ago

i think they want triple A games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, Halo MasterChief Collection, Nier Automata all in one bundle

3 years ago

HELL NO!! fuck Nier! That shit is already 4 years old what a shit bundle... can't believe they want me to pay 6$ for it

3 years ago

I would pay for good games, even if some of them were repeats, the real problem is that ppl expect to get what HB was known for, putting actual games in a monthly. PC Building Simulator is the saddest excuse of a game i've ever seen and you should feel bad for arguing otherwise

3 years ago

Humble Bundle started off only selling indie game bundles. It's more like they are going back to their roots.

Even if you're only looking at the Monthly bundles - AAA games used to be on the rarer side. For the first year, for example, there were only 3 AAA games offered. It really wasn't until 2018 and 2019 when they started having month after month of AAA headliners.

3 years ago

Can't say I know much about this bundle, but I've been pausing for the last 4-5 months. The $6 USD ($8.XX CDN) made it a lot more appealing but the fact that you can't pause without breaking the TOS makes it a giant crapshoot based on last years pause to un-pause ratio.

I'm a gambling man though. Chances are I'll lose, but that's ok. There's some gems in the poop somewhere.

3 years ago

Hit a region lock on Total Tank Simulator via Humble gift link.
"Cannot Redeem
We're sorry, this gift is not claimable in your current country, and can't be applied to your account. Read More

CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT"
My region is NA, Sender's steam profile lists Japan as his country.

3 years ago

Is he really from Japan though?
You can set the country on your profile to whatever you want, so your actual region can be different.
I would ask the sender first.

3 years ago

Well, Japan is locked /w asia

https://steamdb.info/sub/449434/info/

But that's weird error.

3 years ago

Thats an odd list of countries.
"Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel"

3 years ago

I asked him what country he is in.

3 years ago

Ouch, that's really weird, considering that there was no notification about locked countries when trying to create a gift link.
Could you ask him maybe if he had one? If so, then it could mean that the notifications are now different between regions and if this is the case, then we can't really have a comprehensible list of what each of the regions gets any more...

3 years ago

He now sent me the key thru SG which worked.
madjoki list of locked countries including Japan for that package is an interesting one and is not a normal region. So maybe I should have called it a country lock.
I asked him how he fixed it.

3 years ago*

Been a while since I skipped, so many great monthlies. But this month, it's a singular game, not even the AAA one, Vampire. And it's cheaper fullprice than the bundle so it's not a great deal.
Oh well, it was too good to last with RPG goodness.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

I thought the game was pretty great, actually.

3 years ago

I am confused, someone please help me with this.
Currently i am subscribed to "Premium Plan" which based on their FAQ eligible for 9 choices.

1. So why does it says i have 12 choices remaining in the bundle page? https://prnt.sc/xcoh5v
    Do i get to keep all twelve games or what?
  2. If i forgot to claim the januari choice and also forgot to pause the subscription, what will happen?
    do i automatically get the januari choice and can get the key later in my humble library (same as humble monthly) ?

why did they get rid of monthly for this, so confusing.

3 years ago

It's a limited time offer, this month you get all 12 games, but it must redeemed before the 5th of February

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

They say it's a limited offer.
Definition from a random website:
"A limited-time offer is any kind of discount, deal, special gift, or reward a buyer can get if they make a purchase during a certain time period."

Indeed, it is a limited offer, as it won't be available forever.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Ah so it's a special promotion i see.
also thank you about the information for no. 2.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

The choices have not included a DRM free game since last June. Is that unusual?

3 years ago

hm, Heeey! Park-Boy is DRM free. And I think each month at least 1 DRM free game.

3 years ago

Heeey! Park-boy is not a choice, though--it's an extra. The extras are usually DRM free, but the June 2020 bundle had 2 DRM free choices: Overload and The King's Bird. April had 2, March had 2, February had 2...

3 years ago

I doubt that they put into consideration to pick a game with drm-free option over other factors. It's not really up to HB if a game has drm-free or not.

3 years ago

I've thought the same. I'm not sure if it's because there aren't DRM-free equivalents of the choice games already (haven't bothered investigating) or if there's another factor at play.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Autocharge day
Last chance to pause ;-)

3 years ago

Clicked on pausing got a coupon and ended up not pausing.......they got me ^^

3 years ago

What was the coupon, if you don't mind me asking?

3 years ago

you get 12 games for $6
the coupon is working for 6 months (or 3)
if you pause you loose the discount

3 years ago

Happy cakeday!

Also I don't think the coupon is the 6 for 6 one, it's probably a regular discount for a month one

3 years ago

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. No way can lightning strike twice.

3 years ago

This is probably true 6 for 6
I received this coupon two months ago and it still works

3 years ago

Was just 4$ off but that was good enough for me as two of the games were on my wishlist :D

3 years ago

eh...

3 years ago

new bundle: meh, but im still 4 more month for 6$, so will make some gibs here

@EDIT
I will take T4, W8, maybe outward and moving out....

3 years ago

Edit: Sorry, wrong discussion, too many open tabs :P

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.