With the recent flood of bad games giveaways, asset flips, achievement spammers, etc. and the rare happening of decent bundles, I started to think how we could exclude those "games" from our daily SG browsing but yet be able to find those rare gems that even when they cost a few bucks can still provide a lot of fun. One Finger Death Punch is just one quick example.
Filtering through giveaway value or metascore can be quite unpractical, especially when browsing from different devices and mobile.
I realised that a new category that filters games based on number of Steam reviews and overall game rating, which threshold could be set by me, would quickly become my only browsed category after wishlisted.
See the images below to see how it could look like.
And have a giveaway.

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Would it be useful to you?

View Results
Yes.
No.

I don't support the idea mostly for one reason: It would result in people wasting no effort or interest entering primarily giveaways for better games, increasing the chances that these games end up with winners who don't actually care about them. Or at least less than many others.

We already have some search parameters, we have the option to hide and to wishlist. It is absolutely possible to navigate SG without even more guidance.

5 years ago

wonder what would be impact on servers, but more filters the better :)
and a wonderfull GA

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.