Purchase the MAY 2019 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive ASSASSIN'S CREED® ORIGINS (Uplay) with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 April 26th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 May 3rd, 2019: Bundle release date: (first Friday of every month)
  • April 5th, 2019: The April Monthly Bundle cannot be bought any more. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

AC: Origins has Ubisoft's region locks.
They're pretty blurry and mixed, so I am not sure what to list here. But for example, we have roughly the following regions:

• NA: US territories including Puerto Rico and American Samoa as well as Canada
  • South America
  • CIS
  • SEA (+ Europe? + Africa? + Middle-east countries?)

From EU it shows the following list: AG, AI, AM, AN, AR, AS, AW, AZ, BB, BD, BL, BM, BN, BO, BQ, BR, BS, BT, BU, BY, BZ, CA, CL, CN, CO, CR, CU, CW, DM, DO, EC, FK, GD, GE, GS, GT, GY, HK, HN, HT, ID, IN, IR, JM, KG, KH, KN, KP, KY, KZ, LA, LC, MD, MM, MN, MO, MS, MX, MY, NI, NP, PA, PE, PH, PR, PY, RU, SG, SR, SS, SV, SX, SY, TC, TH, TJ, TM, TT, TW, UA, US, UY, UZ, VC, VE, VG, VI, VN, XK
From SEA it shows the following list: BD BN BT HK ID IN KH LA MN MO MY NP PH SG TH TW VN (does not include EMEA countries)

🎮 Games:

Pay early and get: ASSASSIN'S CREED® ORIGINS - FOR UPLAY (NO STEAM KEY)

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Wandersong 98% of 293 🏆    Giveaways    W M 0 $19.99
Finding Paradise 98% of 6207 🏆    Giveaways    W M L 1 $9.99
Monster Prom 88% of 2125 🏆    Giveaways    W M L 0 $11.99
The Journey Down: Chapter Three 89% of 151 -    Giveaways    W M L 0 $19.99
Do Not Feed the Monkeys 92% of 1258 🏆    Giveaways    W M L 0 $11.99
I’m not a Monster 84% of 217 - 🏆    Giveaways    W 1 $12.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Battle Edition leaked for June Monthly

source
Reddit thread

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 12 Months*
Per month $12 $11.67 $11.17 $11
Total $12 $35 $67 $132

* bonuses are often offered for this type of promotion
In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Subscriber bonuses (for all the above subscription types): 10% discount on the Humble Store, shareable with a friend
Past bonuses for new subscribers: $99 for an annual subscription (expired); Parhfinder: Kingmaker for an annual subscription (expired), Kingdom Come: Deliverance for a 3 months subscription (expired), 12 months for only $99 (expired), buy 12 months and get $40 Humble Store credit (expired)

💡 Humble original: Once Upon A Crime In The West

It all started on Christmas Day, when The Old Sheriff of New Town was murdered. In the days that followed, several dangerous strangers would make their way to the Mount Inn, an isolated shelter on the mountain path between New Town and Old Town, and kill each other.
Youtube video

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Rachel's Q+A
HB's FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 3rd MAY!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ready2Egypt?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Keep Calm and wait till your subscription runs out.
[New Subscription] The Easter Humble Bunny laid some really good eggs this month. How can one resist owning AC Origins?
[Maybe subscribe] Hmmmm should I make my wallet happy this month? Or should I make myself happy?
[Cancelling / Pausing subscription] The Spring Cleanup made me realize that my backlog is too big as it is. There are better games than these that are worth my time.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] Hey IGN, is that a joke? April Fool’s Day was a while ago...
[Didn't subscribe, and regret it] I should have put my money into this instead of those Fanatical Mystery bundles...
[Complain] O-M-G, UPlay games again. Next up, Epic Games Store.

no steam key? skipping this month for now....

4 years ago

Cancelling forever, this will only go downhill from here.

4 years ago

you can never know. they can put one great game in the bundle and you would jump at it.

4 years ago

I played the first AC and Unity but found both of them to be extremely repetitive and boring.
Have they tried to improve the formula with Origins or is it the same old shit?

4 years ago

i read that origins has different game mechanics. the fighting system is completely different.

4 years ago

Assassin's Creed Origins have nice atmosphere and actually living world. But quests are boring and copy/pasted mostly, 99% of loot are trash for vendors.
World is so big, with so many side activities that I felt like I'm playing in MMORPG.
I can't beat that game solo, it is too boring, it should have co-op like Far Cry 5.

4 years ago

The improved fight mechanics seem nice but a world full of copy/pasted quests is just what I hated in the predecessors.
So, still on the fence but thanks to both of you.

4 years ago

The first is a horribly boring game.
The AC2 series of AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations are commonly seen as the best titles, though the controls/graphics/engine are really dated by now.

Origins is more like a zone clearing combat game with various, uh, magic skills.

4 years ago

Reading through this topic, I think we should rename the site to Holy Church of Steam Zealots. =P

4 years ago

Lmao, I’m a big steam fan but some of the comments I read just leave me scratching my head.

4 years ago

5 or 6 months ago people were complaining that steam wasnt being updated, that valve isnt fixing bugs and its full of problems while they were prasing gog. Now here we are, a lot of people are saying that they want the game but they wont buy it because its not on steam and gog is still having A LOT less purchases than steam.

4 years ago

The 1000 anti-Epic topics didn't give that away yet?
Me; it's all about the games (and when not bundled: prices :) )

4 years ago

Anti-Epic is a bandwagon. I am used to this site jumping on any and all gaming bandwagons in existence the first chance it gets.
This UPlay hysteria is mildly surprising considering people were more or less okay with Overwatch's battle.net keys. And considering that this is very far away from being the first UPlay game in a monthly.

4 years ago

LOL - I still have that key, which is about how much I cared about playing that game :P (probably lose it eventually as I think there was a deadline on redemption) and my only reason for ever wanting a steam key is laziness and wanting all my games in one place - that said I already own this one on steam and thus Uplay so that is my reason for not wanting to stick with the sub.
Still, I will never understand why, with the key situation on uplay, why it cannot go the other way as well - if I buy on steam it auto logs a key with uplay, so it is just silly that a key is not provided in the other direction as well ! IMO

4 years ago

Ubisoft doesnt offer steam keys at all, every third part seller sells ubi keys. Plus this time you have to connect your account like when the division was bundled so they try to avoid resellers and thats a huge problem with bundled games. I am pretty sure they made the right choice.

4 years ago

if they made the right choice or not was not my issue (as I already own it on steam) - my issue was why they couldn't provide a steam key as well as a uplay key - as when I purchase on steam it gives me the game on uplay - so there is no reason why it cannot go the other way and simply saying that ubisoft does not offer steam keys at all is a little simplistic !!!
It is the publisher/developer who is capable of getting as many steam keys as they wish by contacting valve and requesting them for ANY game that they sell on steam (potentially this meas ubisoft as well - as such they are capable of doing it, they just choose NOT to :P

4 years ago

so there is no reason why it cannot go the other way and simply saying that ubisoft does not offer steam keys at all is a little simplistic !!!

It's simple, really.
If they only give you a Uplay key, there's a better chance you'll look at and buy something from the Uplay store.

How many times have you checked out the Uplay store launching a game from Steam?

4 years ago

about as many times as I have checked out their store when launching a game from uplay - 4 times - actually one more on uplay I will admit 5 on uplay, 4 from steam when uplay launches
so yeah one extra time is somewhat better I guess :P - for looking that is - buying, chances are zero :P (never purchased a uplay game from uplay ever :)

4 years ago

Yes they dont offer keys because of people that are buying a ton of bundles to resell them on trading sites and g2a in order to have a profit. Thats the reason that bundles get worse and worse each year (except monthly) and less developers are willing to bundle their game as that will mean that the game will lose all of its value and the future sale. Until steam and bundle sites find a solution at this problem i dont see how big publishers or any other developer that is constantly selling copies bundle their game and i cant blame them for that.
Ubisoft solution to this problem is making you connect your uplay account on humble bundle and it works for them as none of their games that got bundled lose their value over time because of third party resellers.

4 years ago

in the EU and it is perfectly legal to resell your unused software/games - just because it is against humbles TOS does not make that request of theirs legal :P (Microsoft found that out the hard way when they lost the court case - and both them and sony et al would love to see the end of second hand cosole games - hence their push for online download only games like on steams store - but their last attempt was met with condemnation and serious push back)
in the USA it is different, but here if you purchase something and choose not to use if, you are entitled to sell it on - as for the uplay thng, that is why I have never purchased a game on their website directly and would never connect my account to humble :P
if games developers don't want their game sold on by the end user, then they should never bundle it, as there will always be some of us who don't want a particular game in a bundle and want to get rid of it by either barter or payment :) - that includes giving away on this site (which some developers and humble see as trading - that I will never understand !!!)

4 years ago*

I know thats its legal to sell your keys and i never said the opposite. I am not against selling your keys as there are times that you end up with games that you dont want to play or already own and it would be a shame to not sell or giveway them. But buying mass bundles just to sell all the games on the third party markets to get a profit is a really greedy move and is killing every future profit of a bundled game. Developers are bundling their games in order to get some quick cash or advertise their games but less and less developers are doing it nowadays and i am pretty sure bundles will completely die or they will only include bad or really old games as nobody wants to throw money in the bin. Everyone was really excited when humble introduced bundles and customers could get a lot of great games for dirty cheap prices but their greediness seems to be killing those amazing deals.

4 years ago

It's the first game that has Steam Achievements & trading cards sold by HB only in a non-Steam form, I suppose?
Though a Witcher 3 would presumably be GOG only too, sure.

Perhaps the clusterfuck that is EGS (misappropriating user email addresses, copying your friends list, gaming activity & date of birth out of Steam files, bullshit bingo) slowly erodes the slack people are willing to cut big publishers.

4 years ago

Speaking for myself, my thoughts has always been on the price. As much as bundle goes this is a great price and nice product. What I am worrying is the discount available for Uplay Store products, they do not go as low as Steam discounts. Therefore Steam for now is still the main gaming platform even though I have games on others which I had yet to play due to backlog and until recently an older machine.

I have yet to see any Uplay DLC bundles either. Therefore personally, it is dilemma, I am pretty much getting this Monthly since I also have an annual sub. Just waiting out to see what other games are revealed. Previously, I had only purchased the Division bundle due to Yakuza 0 as much as I recalled non-Steam games in recent times. I had skipped Overwatch and Destiny 2.

*Nothing against what you said but I can't find the thread by @FateOfOne I read about Epic before and I have these thoughts about Epic so I've layed them out here. :)

My recent purchased machine gift me a copy of Metro Exodus, I want to test it out and test my machine too. However, I am weary of the copying of files from the launcher, hopefully it will be resolved soon and I also dislike the fact that Instead of developing your own launcher, Epic seems to be mining not information alone but functions from Steam. There was a case of a recent Exclusive, can't remember, that requires Steam.dll to run the game from Epic Launcher. That business ethic of not designing your own launcher and out-right just making business decisions does not bode well for gamer(s) imo.

I do not believe in that all gamer(s) are happy as long as there is a well-made game, "Its just a game". Certain crowds are concern about contents, the message the designers wants to put across or business ethics than just the game itself. At times, a great game can be forsaken due to such business practices and ethics.

Warmest Regards and Good Tidings, Cruse~

4 years ago

It is actually cheaper on Ubisoft store than Steam, especially if you have 100 ubisoft coins lying around (easy to get if you play their games) for an extra 20% discount. You can see the historical lowest for AC: Origins Season Pass specifically is on Ubisoft store: https://gg.deals/us/dlc/assassin-s-creed-origins-season-pass/

Of course people here would rather pay premium to get games on Steam. That's why other stores/launchers try to win them over with better discounts.

4 years ago

I recently have 100 coins expire, I thought they are ending that program. I got the points from redeeming games. I had yet played a game on Uplay. They do have regional price right? However, at that moment I do not really want to get anything on Uplay. I wanted to get the original version of South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ but what they are offering now is a censored version. Hopefully, when the time comes, I can get a good deal.

Steam is just popular and you can get different deals from the many retailers out there with discount vouchers from them. Due to my regional price, if I am to purchase a non-bundled product, its still cheaper on Steam. :) Cheers~

4 years ago

It is cheaper on Uplay than Steam for Uplay games 110% of the time. As I said everyone just prefers Steam over Uplay on Ubisoft games for reasons that have nothing to do with savings. All retailers sell Uplay keys, not Steam keys. Only Steam can get you Steam version of Ubisoft games now.

And yes there is regional pricing. On your part being in Singapore, what you see on Uplay store is SGD not USD.

The coins expire after a time (much like current Humble wallet) but you can always get more if you play Uplay games.

4 years ago

Thank you for your replies, they are very informative. :D
Have a great week ahead~

4 years ago

I wonder, are you able to apply the extra discount during their sale to get even better price?

4 years ago

Yeah you can but not for the newest games, at least for the most part so if you dont buy games that just got released you will get an even better price that what steam offers. Plus uplay sales are always better thann steam even without the points.

4 years ago

Thank you for your response! :)
If that means that I can get the Season Pass for AC: Origins with nice discount, then I am grabbing this bundle! :D

4 years ago

I would advise you to wait until the last few days of the bundle in order to check if humble bundle or uplay offers a new historical sale for the season pass as they did with division when it got bundled.

4 years ago

I will, thanks for the tip! :)
Even though I am not yet sure if I will jump on the Season pass right away, as I have other things for playing currently. X)

4 years ago

It's already in the name.

4 years ago

Stupid shit auto redeems to Uplay.

4 years ago

Of course it auto redeems to Uplay if you link you account and redeem it :)
If you wanted to gift it you should have used the gift option.

4 years ago

I'm happy with this headliner. I had a hunch another Ubisoft game would be a headliner, after The Division was one a few months ago. I thought Watch Dogs 2 was going to show up instead, because it's older and was getting deeper discounts lately. It might still show up at one point or maybe it will be a Uplay giveaway, like the first game was :)

4 years ago

Oh I would love to have that!

4 years ago

I'm psyched to get AC:O, plus whatever else shows up. Last one I finished was 3, so I'm not burnt out on the series.

I have no argument with getting Uplay or Origin or GOG codes. But then, I'm old school and having to switch between my Genesis and my SNES wasn't a massive chore like switching launchers seems to be for you youth of today. ;)

So, recurring subscription, but no need to keep calm about anything. Thanks for the AAA, well received, not very old game for cheap, HB!

4 years ago

Ehh, on the fence. I don't care that it's Uplay but It's not even the gold version or Odyssey standard version instead that was even given away during that Google thing. And nowadays the only good games are the early unlocks, with AC being such a "big" title I doubt the later unlocks will be good, unless they don't make enough sales and try to boost it

4 years ago

It not being Odyssey is a plus for me. Already got Odyssey from google.

4 years ago

Yeah same here, got odyssey free from google as well, and since I enjoyed odyssey (was not really a fan of previous ac games) so much I was planning on buying origins, but was going to wait a bit for it to be cheaper since it was still like over 18-20$ when it was on sale (for pc) and since I've been subbed for a year (bought a year this past dec/jan when they had that 99$ offer) and so I figured this would be my way to get it the cheapest (granted none of the DLC) and then if I like origins as much as I did odyssey then maybe I will get the season pass/dlc.

I am tempted to buy the season pass for odyssey but still waiting for it to go on sale cheaper, but in some cases it may be almost cheaper to buy the gold edition verses the season pass since that seems to go on sale verses the dlc itself.

4 years ago

On Steam the Origins season pass went on sale a bunch of times, https://steamdb.info/app/660080/ , but the Odyssey one was only 50% off once, so maybe that sale had been a mistake.
The idea that greedy publishers like Ubisoft, ActivisionBlizzard and CD Projekt Red come up with indeed tends to be pricing season pass DLC so that it's the same cost as rebuying the base game with that season pass.

4 years ago

Yeah but I own both Odyssey and Origins now on uplay so I don't think buying it on steam would work, but maybe in the rare case that since I believe those games go through uplay anyways maybe buying the dlc for those games if you already own the base game on uplay may work, not sure?\

Yeah I think one of these days I will probably get odyssey's season pass when it goes on sale (or like I said just buy the gold edition when it is a bit cheaper) since I thoroughly enjoyed that game and I think most of the DLC is after the main story and I haven't even beaten the game yet so I can wait to get the DLC.

4 years ago

but maybe in the rare case that since I believe those games go through uplay anyways maybe buying the dlc for those games if you already own the base game on uplay may work, not sure?\

You cannot buy a Steam DLC for a game you don't own on Steam, and if you could you would be unable to activate it since launching the base game through Steam would handle the activation, and the Steam&UPlay and UPlay-alone games seem to be distinct on UPlay (not sure about DLC).

4 years ago

I'd think about Odyssey, but Origins is a big no.

4 years ago

Why? Unless you hate Ancient Egypt and Egyptian mythology, I don't see why you'd be more inclined in playing Odyssey than Origins as they are pretty similar.

I'd be all over this if I didn't already have Origins. But it's a bummer that it's only the base game here.

4 years ago

Simply because I don't really like the main character of Origins. I've tried and got the refund.

4 years ago

Well, that one-dimentional guy is irritating indeed, Kassandra is so much more likable. While Odyssey is better than Origins in almost every department (the only thing I prefered in Origins were tombs - but that's logical, Egyptian tombs should be more exciting than Greek ones), this was probably the most notable difference for me.

4 years ago*

Is combat better in Odyssey? Origins' seems pretty clunky to me. Still love the game anyway.
Hum, some people say that Odyssey though is even more grindy than Origins is, you get less money from quests and materials from scrapping your weapons... thus making it more difficult to upgrade your gear. Would you say it's true?

4 years ago

Ah, fair enough.
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. ;)

4 years ago

Good thing I saw this thread, I was going to go ahead and let this month come but now I'm canceling instead.

4 years ago

Ubisoft gave me Assassin's creed odyssey for free, should I buy Assassin's creed Origins, too?

4 years ago

If you enjoyed clearing all the zones in Odyssey, sure.
If you want a history course about ancient Egypt, sure.
if you only play for the main quest / story, I doubt you'll like either.

4 years ago

For free? How so?

4 years ago

For testing Google project stream, Ubisoft gave away a copy of full game on uplay.

4 years ago

Interesting. Good for you ^^

4 years ago

It's the first time I was tempted to buy a monthly bundle, but I successfully resisted the urge.

4 years ago

I already have Origins on steam anyways so skip

4 years ago

HB needs to reveal more games soon...

4 years ago

Like now

4 years ago

this is interesting and all
BUT!!!

since i'm on those reglocked country, why is there NO policy like before (getting different game or voucher)??
screw this

4 years ago

You only get a different game/voucher if the game is completely unavailable for your country.

AC:Origins is available for Indonesia and the rest of the world, just different region locking.

4 years ago

LOL, major AAA game just 18 months old for free...and Steam master race is complaining that it's on Uplay

4 years ago

free?

4 years ago

it's a subscription that you would pay anyway if you are a subscriber. Regardless of what games you get. In economics, it is called "fixed cost".
So yeah, basically it is free if you are a subscriber.

4 years ago

Free if you pay for it is not free. You can also just pause for the month and use it for some games you actually want on the platform you want them on another month.

4 years ago

You get a free game if you pay $12.
Tsjeeh, not that hard to understand is it? ;)

4 years ago

But I had 1 month!

4 years ago

Ah, you fell for the "Pay us $132/99, get Humble Monthly FREE for 12 months" deal, eh?

4 years ago

I would never invest that much on something so unsure. They wanted me to not pause for $2 discount, but I did. Then I unpaused to buy cheap Ducktales and now I need to pause again, maybe I'll keep getting better offers.

4 years ago

It doesn't look like you understand economics. If you subscribe to something, the something you get is what you pay for, thus it is not free. According to Wikipedia, fixed cost is a business-side concept, not consumer-side ("In economics, fixed costs, indirect costs or overheads are business expenses that are not dependent on the level of goods or services produced by the business"), thus it doesn't apply here.

4 years ago

Yeh ,a bit irritating whenever i see "free" next to some game ,when it patently isn't.

4 years ago

I'm both happy that I understand that and a bit bad that you reminded me of my economics classes.
Thanks I guess :D

4 years ago

Cool, I had no idea that I get my apartment for free too. I wonder why everyone else in this city seems so upset about exploding prices.

4 years ago

Lol. I'm glad you see it now.

4 years ago

do you mean "sunk cost" ?

4 years ago

Please tell me you're trolling

4 years ago

Calling it free is the dumbest opinion I've seen this month.

4 years ago

I honestly will never understand why people complain about Uplay games when you literally have to have Uplay anyhow to play them even if you own them on Steam. This whole "no Steam, no buy" mentally is beyond me in general. I mean, to each their own but personally, I don't care one bit what platform a game is on as long as I'm able to play the games that I really want to play especially when the discount is right.

4 years ago

Me and many others rather a game be on Steam because of the features Steam offers and because of how much they've already invested in their account. I'm sure there's other reasons too.

4 years ago

Yes, I get that. I also have most of my games on Steam and usually prefer them to be on Steam but the complaints about Uplay is just something I've never understood because, as I said, you need Uplay to play the game either way so it really shouldn't matter because, in the end, the game and its content is what really should be the focus rather than the features a platform offers, in my opinion at least but again, to each their own. =)

4 years ago

If given the choice, I`d rather have "a game" on Steam, but it does not deter me from enjoying anything outside of Steam since finding enjoyment in a game trumps the respective launcher, in this case being Uplay which is pretty good imo.

4 years ago

Yeah, if given the choice then I usually go for Steam myself but I usually prefer to just focus on the game rather what platform it's on. Usually, you can get Uplay based games a lot cheaper if they're Uplay keys rather than Steam keys too. If I can get a better deal on a game and the only difference being that it's not going to be in my Steam library, I really don't care, I simply prefer to save money which I can then spend on something else instead. :D

4 years ago

Yeahup. Last game I bought is Trials Rising, from the Uplay store,... though regional pricing made the game cheaper on Steam, I cashed in on 100 club points, giving me an extra 20 percent off, which made it a dollar cheaper on Uplay compared to Steam. Most of my playtime lately has been clocked through Uplay because of The Division 2. So yeah, we are in agreement. A No Steam No Buy mentality makes people miss out on some good games, and in the end, their boycott is for naught I`m certain.

4 years ago

people usually dislike games on uplay because of these reasons:

• no cards
  • no screenshots
  • no +1 library
  • no gameplay time added to their account
  • no overlay to spam while playing
  • lower price when trading/reselling
  • and no way to show off to others how much they played 🤷
4 years ago

Ah, all the important things that make a game good, I see. :D

4 years ago

You forgot peasy spam.

4 years ago

Although the above points are not as relevant to me, I could add one point at the top of my head that I do find favoring Steam above all, The Workshop, which in some games adds much content.

4 years ago

Steam is a social network, using uPlay only is like posting on Mastodon when the rest of the crowd is only paying attention to Twitter.

Steam games also have Steam Achievements (shocker, I know), which can add some value to gameplay, which is lost if the game or platform does not support achievements in an alternative form, such is the case currently for Twitch and EGS.

While I cannot say whether the AssCreed Oranges achievements are meaningful, the Steam version does support Steam achievements even though it launches uPlay.

4 years ago

Again, this is something that isn't essential to actually being able to play and enjoy the game and its content but something that depends on each individual. It also doesn't really give the whining and complaining any actual ground in my opinion.

I mean, yeah, Steam has a social network (I wouldn't say that it IS a social network because, in my opinion, it's a gaming platform that integrated a form of social network) but honestly, none of it really has any effect on the actual game and gameplay. Sure, if you'd want to live stream the game through Steam and don't own it there, you'd have to use other means than their streaming option to do so but other than that, the only thing people seem to come up with are reasons that are mainly based on the "posing" factor of earned achievements, time played, and the sorts.

But, as I said before, to each their own. :)

4 years ago

+1 this, that is why myself I am not too mad about uplay or even origin since now both Uplay and EA now are basically having theirs games on their respected launchers anyways.

And like you said for Uplay, even steam games go through uplay so you still need to create an account and download the launcher if you want to play ubisoft steam games.

I wonder if a few people who want steam keys could be people that trade a lot as well, since to my knowledge the uplay or non-steam keys are worth dirt compared to steam - I do some trading myself, but mainly trade like the games I have extras that I didn't say want when I bought a bundle and/or the monthly and sometimes games that don't seem to trade I giveaway.

One thing though that I don't care too much about the non-steam games is you really cannot use steamgifts to easily do a giveaway with it, maybe with all these launchers will we need a new site like: nonsteamgiveaways.com? so you can give away Origins/Uplay/EpicStore/Etc.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions because I'm in the exact same boat. Never played an AC game. Love witcher 3 and HZD. So, bump to your comment ;)

4 years ago

See the comment below you.

4 years ago

Thank you for the heads up :)

4 years ago

You are welcome:)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Yeah, completely agree. One of my top 5 games. The combat is amazing. Have you played the Frozen Wilds expansion?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I will agree that there is something holding it back but I can't really pinpoint the reason. It just doesn't feel as amazing as the Witcher 3, for example :) Still, overall a great experience. Btw, platinum in a week is impressive! :)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. All the interactions seem a bit tame and boring. And that might be the exact reason this game was just great and not amazing for me. I don't remember having the lip sync issue, but I can imagine how much that must have broken immersion. I'm excited to see what Guerilla games does next though!

4 years ago

I'm a sucker for on-the-disk DLC

Is there any advantage, or is it just like collecting Steam AppIDs that do nothing, collecting for collecting's sake?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Yeah its more like witcher 3 than older assassin's creed game.If you liked witcher 3 i think you will like this one also. But it gets a bit grindy so in my opinion it even has a few similarities with division like when you have to clear zones with enemies.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Yeah that is why I liked odyssey so much myself since to me is was closer to say witcher 3 or other RPG games and not like the old AC games of the past which I didn't care that much for.

I heard Origins is similar to odyssey, so that is why I (having a year sub) decided to bite on this since after playing odyssey a bit I was thinking of buying Origins some time down the line, but I guess now I won't have to since I got it through humble.

4 years ago

Yeah i got fed up with the AC games after 3 which was my favourite but those 2 new entries are finally trying to change the stale old formula.

4 years ago

Odyssey is full of fake choices that do not much, and thus claims to be a RPG. Yay new audience that will also buy the game and make Ubi richer \o/.
The "RPG features" in Origins are that you can choose which character skills you go for. You'll still have all in the end.
It's an Ubisoft zone clearing game. I haven't played HZD because consoles, but it has "activities". Things on the map to clear. Open world games tend to. That, and some story questing, is what you do in AC:O.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Armor pieces with different stats (and since it was patched, free visual customization of them) is the system in Odyssey.
Origins does not have individual armor pieces, only full costumes, and they do not affect any stats. Merely upgrading your quiver, bow, etc in a linear fashion affects your stats and has a very very minor visual effect.

In terms of open world, skills, story -- previous AC games had those too. Just leveling player and enemies & the more magic-esque skills are new in Origins/Odyssey.

As for hating on the game, I have almost 300 hours in Origins + Odyssey combined. Odyssey even has at least 50 hours left in it for me. At the same time I think it's important to warn people who hate clearing the entire map that this is unlikely to be the game for them.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

What is A&A?
Like the poster above, I think you should watch a bit of gameplay beforehand.
If you end up not liking how the game plays, you can still get a bunch of hours out of the historical exploration tour you can access from the menu. OTOH if you do want to play the game it'll spoil the experience of getting to know the map areas yourself.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Meanwhile I'm the evil person that doesn't want more revealed so everyone that complained and didn't sign up will miss out on a great late reveal game like cough Ni No Kuni 2 mebbe cough

inb4: no one wants that weeabo game smh

4 years ago

No one wants that weeabo game ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Everyone wants that weeabo game ;)

4 years ago

'Omg not on steam!'
-a game that will launch uplay regardless, making you run 2 launchers at once
-people who love and are loyal to a fault to a store yet completely ignores a simple feature: add non steam game.

Ive played most of Assassins Creed Odyssey on my couch, via steam link. Its just one of the non-steam games on my library.
I don't even use the other launchers overlay- my screenshots were all taken on steam.
-My sreenshots on steam
-My friends right there
-Categorized in my 'the one big library'

The only thing i don't get are some cards, and on those titles alone.
The money i saved buying these titles elsewhere, at the time i did it, far, far outweights any change cash i would get from cards.

Why god why?
Whats wrong with you people?
Is this a generation thing? I remenber when there were no launchers and i organized lots of shortcut icons. Is the current generation so out of touch with pc they wouldn't play them because 'omg shortcuts, so many, and i set up each?! Fuck it i will game on my iphone'

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Except in your example are all things that became objectively better or depend on larger context (or not even make sense- like nowadays we receive more nickels). You're assuming im being nostalgic or ignoring the benefits of convenience but ignoring what i actually said.

Internet is a technical progress. Digital sales therefore, yep, all good. But people are equating (you included it seems) said progress with drm-locked launchers- something that isn't technical or progress, but deliberate limitation- a business practice (anti-consumer) that tries to lock people into their store, and sadly its working.

The point is, the majority of the reasons given make no sense. The only ones that does are opposition to Epic itself, be it their strategy for being bully or tencent owning 40% of then. The spyware thing for instance, major reason for people to be against the store.

But the main things people complain, what pisses then the most? Fixable by clicking a buttom always show on the library called 'add' and choosing non-steam game.

4 years ago

AC:O and AC:O are their only first party games Ubisoft has bothered to add Steam Achievements to.
Beyond that and the cards, there's also playtime tracking.

Indeed your screenshots are merely less visible to strangers, but for friends browsing your activity feed or checking your profile they will appear all the same.

4 years ago

Im passing on it purely becasue im only half way thru ass creed 2 (and haven't touched it for years) and still have a few others I own to play.

4 years ago

Amusingly I also stopped in the middle of AC2, that despite it being a super good game. Nowadays the control scheme and awkward camera controls feel too dated to even play.
It makes sense to play Origins before Odyssey, but playing other ACs beforehand isn't any form of requirement. The across-history / modern age story was always pretty bad anyway.

4 years ago

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️
AC: Origins has Ubisoft's region locks.
They're pretty blurry and mixed, so I am not sure what to list here. But for example, we have roughly the following regions:
NA: US territories including Puerto Rico and American Samoa as well as Canada
South America
CIS
SEA + Europe + Africa + Middle-east countries

A Guy from SEA sent me this pic

am i missing something?

View attached image.
4 years ago

There are cases (quite a lot in fact) where the regional lock warnings in HB is inaccurate. This may or may not be one of them (for I did not try if my key will work on someone on EU since I used it on myself). The best thing you can do is to try it for yourself or wait for someone to answer that had.

Also I found this on a legitimate store that sells EMEA keys: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/community/assassin-s-creed-origins-uplay--3317-1/discussions/89327-assassin-s-creed-origins-regional-restrictions

All Asia countries are part of EMEA here when it comes to Uplay keys so there is a very high chance AC: Origins is too. I know for absolute certainty the previous Uplay game (Division), my key worked for a friend in Germany (which is part of EU), and I am from SEA (Philippines), so perhaps this is the same?

Edit: Also a reseller willing to buy SEA keys and seem to be sure it is EMEA: https://www.steamtrades.com/trade/qtmPO/hcsgotf2-itens-gift-cards-w-the-division-northgard-project-cars-assassins-creed-origins/search?page=25#nBPuXbY

4 years ago*

Thank you ♥

4 years ago

If I buy the bundle in AUSTRALIA, and create a gift link, can anyone use it?

4 years ago

Nawp.

4 years ago

EWrrrrrrrrr anyone else?

4 years ago

You want four witnesses to simultaneously sacrifice a piglet to confirm that it is not a region free copy?

An AU copy likely works everywhere except for North America, RU/CIS, Latin America, South East Asia -- assuming South East locks are what is pictured in this post https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/e9vaQEk

Could be that SEA keys are also part of the Europe, Middle East, Africa region, could be that they're their own region.

In any case there is no reason to assume your AU key will work in the US, Canada, Brazil, or Russia.

On the other hand, maybe you're asking about a gift link of the bundle (on purchase) rather than of AC:O (on redemption). Then the region lock should match the activating account, not the buyer.

4 years ago

Ta:) I was offered a good trade for it but he was worried it would be locked. So i didn't want to buy it to trade not knowing:)
I really do appreciate ur response, thanks:)

4 years ago

Does anyone know why i cant add a Mastercard ?

4 years ago

Tip: try unsubscribing and see if you get a discount. I got this month for 9 dollars :)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.