I hide a lot of games (and DLCs). I like to see the front page on SteamGifts with only games I'm interested in actually playing. At the end of 2016, I reached over 9000 games and DLCs hidden, and held a little giveaway train to celebrate. I've continued to add more and more items to my hidden list and it has now finally reached over 20,000!

20,000 games have been added to your filter list

It's a good thing, of course, since it means one less person entering giveaways for some of you :-) Some people asked why I don't just use the wishlist feature to only see games on my wishlist, which is one way to do it i suppose. But the problem with that method is that it means you might miss new games that you have never heard of. I often first find out about games through giveaways on here. So thank you to everyone for creating so many giveaways over the years!

So anyway, to mark the occasion, I am giving away a few games:

Level 4+
This Is The Police

Level 4+
Rezrog

Level 3+
Bleed 2

Level 2+
Finding Paradise

Plus here are a few keys for trash previously free games. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if you use a key from the list, so I can mark them as used.

Absconding Zatwor
36RPM-X*34A-RJEPH (missing character is number five)

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
RY65R-7RGP*-F6RD3 (missing letter is the third letter of the alphabet)

Egyptian Senet
RF2WW-XK*H8-6EYL8 (missing the number five here)

Orborun
ZQ8Q3-*39J7-GYC9R (you need the first letter of the alphabet)

Rage Parking Simulator 2016
D8AI9-EEL*I-9WML3 (add the missing Q)

TAIKU MANSION
WV5*N-5RDAE-Q4TY8 (missing the second letter of the alphabet)

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

thank you, I took Absconding Zatwor

4 years ago

thanks!

4 years ago

Thanks for the keys and the giveaway( I took the rest of the keys)

4 years ago

you're welcome. Thanks for the notice!

4 years ago

bump

4 years ago

Bump ^^!

4 years ago

Very nice! I thought I was doing pretty good with 14k.

4 years ago

Congratulations on a strange achievement :0.Thanks for the giveaways!

4 years ago

Wow that's a whole lot of games hidden!

4 years ago

19,903 here

u got me

almost nothing left to enter, sometimes i see only 1 GA on whole site, actually its 6 GAs lasts 2 days-2 weeks and i won just 26 games in 6.5 years (while here are users who winning 7 games per 7 days, well 99% of them is awful garbage titles to add and forget)

4 years ago*

Oh wow yeah we're obviously blocking a similar amount of rubbish!

4 years ago

Don't complain, many of us are are in the same situation :)

4 years ago

(Bumped!)
ൠ "

4 years ago

You're roughly 3 years ahead of me! Sitting at 9000 hidden games and DLCs but my giveaway page is already clean and only one page long.
Thanks for the giveaways!

4 years ago

Bump & Thanks :)

4 years ago

Dayum.
Why not just wishlist like 800 games you'd like to play instead of trying to hide the flood of garbage? :D

I've hidden 247 games/packages. Usually just packages though.

4 years ago

Because SG is a good way to find out about games you have never heard of before. View a game once and block it if you are not interested and then you never have to see it again. Now all the games you see are ones you want to enter or new games that you can look up and see if it is something you might be interested in. SG is pretty much the only place where I find new games.

4 years ago

Hmm, fair enough. What do you think about Steam's Explore Queue? Wishlisting and ignoring are two options there as well. They've worked pretty well for me since I'm not restricted by the sheer fact that someone might've not made a giveaway for some game that I might be interested in.

4 years ago

I have never tried using Steam's queue because I didn't know it existed until I already started blocking tons of games on SG and didn't feel like doing more work to block the same games all over again. That is probably a better way to block games if it goes through every game on Steam, but I don't want to start there now when I have already done so much work here.

I use the wishlist feature on Steam to keep track of every game I am interested in playing. Even if I am not willing to pay anything for the game, if I have any interest in playing it, I will add it. Then I can use sites that automatically email me about deep discounted sales or bundles for games I want and I can also check for the biggest discounts when Steam has a sale.

4 years ago

That is probably a better way to block games if it goes through every game on Steam, but I don't want to start there now when I have already done so much work here.

Reasonable, yeah. That's why I don't really want to use multiple game clients :D

I use the wishlist feature on Steam to keep track of every game I am interested in playing. Even if I am not willing to pay anything for the game, if I have any interest in playing it, I will add it. Then I can use sites that automatically email me about deep discounted sales or bundles for games I want and I can also check for the biggest discounts when Steam has a sale.

Yup, exactly the same here. I'm always happy to get a game that I have on my wishlist since I want to play it.

4 years ago

Yeah, as AllTrac said, I use SG as a front page to find out about new Steam games. So much crap gets put on Steam, it's easy for me to just hide it and be done. Sure it's taken a long time, but i use SG every day so hiding a few games daily adds up and now I'm at a point where almost everything I see is something I want to enter and play.

4 years ago

Wow, thought i hide too much games. And now i'm almost always stay with full points.
It's "only" 13,579 hidden for me. I guess you rarely see available giveaway :D
Thanks for giveaways!

4 years ago

Well, the worst I've had it is when my whole SG front page had just 1 giveaway. But usually there are a few, maybe 5-10 on average. I can't remember the last time there was more than a single page though :-)

4 years ago

Thank you. :-)

4 years ago

(`・Θ・´)ゞ Thank you♪

4 years ago

13.900 games hidden here. Everytime I see a new game I visit the STEAM page, read about it, watch some vids and then decide if I really want it in my collection. No need to hoard games I won't ever play, or simply dislike.

4 years ago

I don't even bother reading about the majority of them.

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

Well, threre is more and more garbage games on STEAM, for sure. But sometimes they seem crappy, but after some reading you find out that it's a hidden gem.

4 years ago

I am using filers and >13P and <4lvl is enough to not filter games anymore :D

4 years ago

I currently have 13,819 hidden. It keeps the main giveaway list to 2 pages which is nice.

I have no idea how you got up to 20,000. Do you manually block DLC for games you don't own? I just use the option to not show DLC for games that I don't own.

4 years ago

15098 here. You are 33% ahead of me!

4 years ago

Percentages are weird. He has 32% more games blocked than you, but you have 75% as many games blocked as he does, which means that you are only 25% behind :)

4 years ago

Absolutely true. I wish journalists the world over would learn statistics and percentages better, so that they can convey the sense of things more clearly to their readers.

4 years ago

15086 here, only one page of giveaways visible.

4 years ago

20k Image not found..

4 years ago

fixed, I hope. Thanks!

4 years ago

👌🏻

4 years ago

12k+ for me.

4 years ago

Egyptian Senet was Ninja'd (not by me) which usually means all of them. Didnt try any others.
Only been here about 6 months. My hidden is at 9000+ and climbing.

4 years ago

7218, got some catching up to do XD

4 years ago

Bump and thank you.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.