Road World Championships - Road Race

Also running: Russian Grand Prix

How it works

Predict who is going to win the race; that's all. :)

Race Preview

I'm mostly just doing this to see how many people will say Mathieu van der Poel. :p

See the Pez Preview for the other contenders.

Women's Race Preview

Feel free predict this one as well. Will it be another Dutch victory or will ChloΓ© Dygert surprise us once again?

Sites
Wikipedia

Giveaways

Steam Giveaway
Frederic: Resurrection of Music https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/WdjAo/
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/q13JJ/
4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Evenepoel :D. Nah, I'm going with the other 'freak' and current favourite rider Mathieu Vanderpoel, pretty obvious :p
The route isn't nearly as hard as last year's but if the weather will be bad and/or the pace high I expect a carnage, the other true favourite to me is Alaphilippe. Of course guys like Sagan, Gilbert or Matthews cannot be discounted either.

Very curious about the women's race too, my knowledge is limited but if the race is hard usually Van Vlieuten or Van Der Breggen take it :)

4 years ago

It might well be storming this weekend so anything could happen and we could have a surprise winner.

I think Evenepoel actually has a pretty decent shot at it but it all depends what happens those first 200+ km's.

4 years ago

Great win by Annemiek van Vleuten!

A 105 km solo and no one got close.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Wow, Mads Pedersen easily beat Trentin in the sprint, definitely did not expect that.

And such a shame that Mathieu just collapsed with only 13 km or so to go.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

He looks a bit tired on that picture :D
I came here to say "I told you so" - but apparently I didn't, so that's a bummer.
But yeah, what I meant to say was "watch the danes" :)

4 years ago

VDP surely messed up his nutrition, his lights went out so suddenly! He needs more experience in long distance races, but today was terrible for everybody, only 40something finishers :-0

After that it looked certain for Trentin, instead... I can tell you the Italian media were/are shellshocked ;)

4 years ago

At least nobody died like on Paris-Roubaix.

4 years ago

Hi everyone, carbon hybrid Specialized bike, 144 KOMs on Strava, reporting in. I watched nearly the entire race. It was clear from the start that the race will be unpredictable because of the weather. Cycling race in autumn Britain - smart idea! Sagan lost and I am satisfied, I don't like personality cults and also intuition tells me he's a heavy doping user. TV translation by Eurosport was awful. Guys, really, it's 2019, what's the matter with you? Overall, my impressions are mixed.

4 years ago

What's the matter? Well, you said it yourself - the weather ;)

4 years ago

I can live without drone/copter TV signal, but 1,5 hours without any signal from cars, WHAT?

4 years ago

Well, where should they send the signal to?
From what I understood, they use a plane to collect and transmit everything - and it couldn't get in the air because of the weather.

4 years ago

Well, I dunno, wifi, 4G, TV frequencies, satellites. Probably they forgot that sometimes the weather is bad in England? That South American cyclist with a broken electro derailleur is a symbol of our time. A little of water from the sky, and the thingie worth $2000 is not working, you kick it, and it's not working even more.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.