Welcome to the Goblin and Coins Halloween 2018!

A little bit of history for newcomers

Hello! I've created a little retro platformer game and with the help of friendly SG community managed to polish it and release it on Steam back in late 2016. Since then, I've held a few of these marathons/events/puzzles in order for all of us to have fun and at the same time to give back to SG members who supported the game by giving them the chance to win some nice prizes. You're welcome to check out previous events, tasks that were required, gifts, winners, hints...

RULES

Here's a table listing tasks that need to be done in order for you to get invited into the train. Adhering to the SG rules should not even be said but here it is, rule breakers will be lost in translation. If not otherwise stated, task ABOVE will also link to tasks below, so if you do the 1st task (video) you'll get access from that giveaway to the rest of the train, you don't have to do all tasks - but - tasks below don't lead upward to tasks above them.

Train entry point Giveaway Note
Post a YouTube/Steam video of GnC game-play Tekken 7 Must be your video on your account, post link here as reply
Unlock achievement Collector Middle Earth Shadow of War Must be unlocked on your account, post link here as reply
Finish the Halloween picture Get Even Download pic, finish and color it, post to Steam hub or create your own GnC/Halloween artwork!
Solve Jigidi Hidden Folks Don't cheat it's easy
FFA sgtools Goblin and Coins Ends Oct 20th so the winner has time for the rest of event

Ends October 31st CET 23.59h ended.

Tips

• Play on casual, it's easier.
  • Use a quality keyboard or a wired gamepad. Some netbook keyboards will ruin your experience, sadly.
  • You can rebind the keys in settings menu.
  • Feel free to read community guides on Steam.
  • If you get discouraged, feel free to watch other players and see how they dealt with something.
  • Ask, and someone might answer. There are tips&tricks for all the enemies and bosses, just need to find them.
  • If you already have an achievement that's needed - even better!
  • Check the comments, there might be hidden freebie giveaways.
  • Have fun and laugh. That's the point to have fun together :)

Want to be informed about upcoming game GnC2, community events like this and so on? Newsletter!

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Special tip for people who wanna record some gameplay but have little or no experience in doing that:

1. Download OBS Studio, install and run. Don't worry it's free. You can use other software but this tutorial is for OBS.
  2. During initial setup wizard, select RECORDING and let wizard do it's thing.
  3. Optional: Look up some video tutorial on how to record a game using OBS Studio
  4. Create a scene (just click on + in scene window and give it some name) and start the game in background
  5. Add new source (game capture, mode: specific window, window: Goblin and Coins, priority: Match title otherwise... limit frame-rate, capture overlays as you wish)
  6. Click "start recording", play the game, when over click "stop recording".
  7. Optional: Edit the video to remove boring parts or add titles/effects/whatever
  8. Upload to YouTube, post link here in the thread.
  9. Optional: Post your YT video to Steam hub for the game.
5 years ago*

Please take this bump =)

5 years ago

Bump.

5 years ago

Nice Event, I had fun with the jigidi, Thank you for the fun and generosity. Best wishes for you and success for the event. Cheerio! Cruse ^_^

5 years ago

Can some kind soul remind me about this on the 28th?
Cheers.

5 years ago

I unlocked the Collector achievement many moons ago. And now I'm telling you about it in this thread. As is tradition.

5 years ago

Confirmed, you will be invited when giveaways are ready. Thanks for participating.

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

Just received this game from godprobe's puzzle events. Going to find some time during the weekend to play this.😀

5 years ago

beump

5 years ago

Bumf

5 years ago

Already have the Collector achievement.

5 years ago

Confirmed, you will be invited when giveaways are ready. Thanks for participating.

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

Thank you once again :)

5 years ago

Bump? Bump.

5 years ago

Bump!

5 years ago

I cannot enter because damn game Evolvation that i won here was removed from my account :(

5 years ago

It's open for 4 weeks, and I'm sure it will get solved soon enough - from what I've heard dev is trying to fix their mistake over there.

5 years ago

Evolvation is currently free on Steam. So go add it back to your account.

5 years ago

I did ty

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Bump :)

5 years ago

So owning your game is required to get access to some of the GAs, right? I'm just asking because I'm confused

5 years ago

One small part of the event is for the fans who enjoyed the game. Everything else is FFA. That said, you can win the game for free right here in the thread so... you could become a fan in a way. Or hate it and decide not to return. I dunno.

5 years ago

Got it, thanks. Cool looking game.

5 years ago

Who wants to get a late start on this!?
I bet your Sg mUM does! :D (SgmUM giveaway has ended!)

(I really need to play more of the game myself now, don't I? One recipe unlocked is not enough!!! :D)

5 years ago*

hint: there is probably a giveaway code in that post somewhere... :D

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Bump for finally beating the game the other day! :D
Oh, also... Collector! (Though I guess I've had that one since last year!)

Ended up with 483/500 coins... felt like I was close (didn't check achievement goals beforehand), but I'm not too surprised I missed some, as there's some really nicely tricky bits in there! Definitely enjoyed the game and glad to now have its Beaten? status crossed off and all the recipes collected! As for Completed?... I've still got a bit to go there! :D

Also, why am I bumping this as a reply to my own post instead of posting this at the end of the thread like a normal bump? Is there any reason why people should ever want to look at my earlier post in this thread? Nah, probably not. I could be wrong though.

5 years ago

Well GZ on completing it! Now all is left to do is record gameplay for the future generations... and make some recipes :)

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

Bump!

5 years ago

Bump and thanks :)

5 years ago

Thanks for another event! Figured I'd do the artwork this time since I've been using this same video to enter your events for the past year :D

Artwork
Collector Achievement
Casual Playthrough

5 years ago

Nice pointillism skills at background coloring ;)

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

Have a bump! :)

5 years ago

Have a bump!

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

5 years ago

Hehe, nice work, you always give 300% :)

5 years ago

Invited. Have fun!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.