So Winter Sale starts in 7 days. Usually Steam gives you Mystery Cards one week prior to the sale if you craft a badge, which will turn into Winter Sale Cards once the sale starts eventually. Today Mystery Cards should be dropped if you craft a badge.

Anyone here going to craft Winter Sale Badges like crazy, once the sale starts?

I never crafted a summer or winter sale badge and don't intend to. I rather sell the cards on the steam market...

EDIT: CARDS ARE OUT NOW!

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you be crafting Winter Sale Badges?

View Results
Yes, I will be crafting the hell out of Winter Sale
No, I won't. The last time I crafted anything was in War Craft 2
No, I won't. The last time I crafted anything was not in War Craft 2 though
Maybe next time

Collect one set and sell the rest.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

bought a couple games doing this last year

6 years ago

This man gets it

6 years ago

^ Smart ^

6 years ago

yep

6 years ago

How did he not include that in the poll lol

6 years ago

Same. Proudly funded Steam sales 99% with this ancient secret since 2014.

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

+1 (only exception is if the 2-5th badge looks really good.)

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Same

6 years ago

Very much this.

6 years ago

Sell them as fast as you can, when they have good price, buy them after sale ends, they are cheap because no one wants them anymore

6 years ago

The price drops to the 5-7 cent territory in the matter of minutes. Has been like that for three season sales straight.

6 years ago

Yeah, the good old days when you could make a pretty penny selling early... I miss those days.

6 years ago

cs go card 1$/piece, no trade restriction time ... the memories

6 years ago

Craft the badges I collected since summer
Sell the mystery cards for around 13 cent each
Wait until the end of the sale
Buy some mystery cards for around 6 cent each and craft 5 badges (the one you get by doing tasks included)
Be happy with the profit

6 years ago

No crafting, since I prefer coupons. Getting one set hopefully by looking through the recommendation queue.

6 years ago

anyone know if they are dropping as mystery cards yet - or will it be later today rather than right now :?

6 years ago

I'm guessing...about 6 hours and 45 minutes from now. :thinking:

6 years ago

I'll sell them to Lord "inj3ct0r" St4ck. I'm sure that his monkey wants him to spend tens of thousands dollars for a badge this year..

6 years ago

I don't know if i trying to craft one.

6 years ago

I rarely craft badges, I simply don't see the point. I don't have any friends (rip) so I don't need more friend slots and all the other benefits are useless to me as well. On the other hand, I've made a good profit from selling all the cards I ever had and I can use it to buy new games and for me playing games is more fun than collecting digital badges

6 years ago

I have gotten a bunch of good coupons for crafting badges in my badge spree when I went from 10-30 and used most to buy the good games

6 years ago

Well if I use my money to craft badges then I won't have money to buy games with the coupons :D
EDIT: and trading is too time consuming. I'll just sell all the cards and buy a few games on sale ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

6 years ago*

i want to craft but i forget it probably in the next days :D

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I think it starts later today, maybe the same time as their sales start (19:00 in Central Europe I think), but I'm not sure.

6 years ago

maybe it start on Friday at 10am Pacific Time (if sale begin in one week..)

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

No need to craft for check, just look at your badges page; if there's not mysterious badge (should be first one at the top), mysterious cards aren't dropping.

6 years ago

Good hint! Added to OP

6 years ago*

btw, what is the best time to sell sales cards ?

asap the week before the sale starts ?
at the end of the week before the sale starts
at the begining of the sale ?
another time ?

6 years ago

Just wait until I sold all my cards. Then the price will at least double immediatly. ;->

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

the price is still quite low... better keep it atm

6 years ago

Never crafted a single badge and have no clue what I should do with those badges. I just sell the Cards and buy games from the earnings

6 years ago

Crafting badges helps raise your steam level pretty fast, relative to just buying games, and gives you backgrounds, steamoji, and coupons of 50–90% (though all I've seen the coupons be for are fairly trashy games that are $1.99 or less at full price). Still, many of the coupon games can give you cards, so if you buy a game for $0.10–$0.25 or so, you can earn it most or all back by selling the cards, and get the +1 to your game count. The backgrounds and steamoji can be traded or sold like cards, and if you break them down into gems, they give much more than a card. 10 to 80 is what I've seen. You'll probably make more initial profit from selling cards, but as your Steam level goes up, you get better chances of getting the card booster packs that drop when the community crafts badges, so leveling yourself up can be an "investment."

6 years ago

I usually prepare a few sets to craft during the sales, I like making level 5 badges of games I have completed. But the mystery cards prices have been so low the past events I don't think they're worth selling anymore. Might just craft a few and donate the rest to the steamcadexchange bot.

6 years ago

Every year I try and get into the meta-game of it, but I fail to grasp the simplest of concepts. I do the daily Steam challenges and unlock the badges, that's all fine. But it's this "using other cards to somehow make some sort of magic happen" that I can't get my head around.

I have a tonne of cards in my inventory. I've been lead to believe that's the thing to do? To save them all year?

So, here we are. Now..... What do I do with all these, non-christmas cards? And why?

:(

6 years ago

Whenever you craft a regular set into a badge you get a background, an emote and a coupon. Except for special events, like winter and summer sales. Instead of a non marketable coupon you get an event card that you can sell on the market.
It used to be a good way to get steam wallet funds before a sale, but now those cards aren't worth much anymore. I think you're better off selling those non-christmas cards.

6 years ago

Some badges are impossible to sell, as thier price is like $0.01 but you can't sell it for that low. But yeah, some badges are better to sell than craft, do you research before crafting.
And then, there's unmarketables, like Digital Homicide trash.

6 years ago

your talking about cards right? What card is worth 1 cent? The lowest I have seen is 0.03. Anything lower and Valve would charge you.

6 years ago

If you sell a card for 3ct, you will earn 1ct.

6 years ago

It's still worth 3 cents.

He said "Some badges are impossible to sell, as thier price is like $0.01 but you can't sell it for that low"

Yes, you can not sell a card a card for 1 cent. You would not get any money for it. The lowest price you can sell something for a profit is at 3 cents, which would give you 0.01. No card is worth less than 0.03.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

-_-

Again, he is saying that there are cards that are "impossible to sell" due to them being worth 0.01 cent. There is no such card. Every card is worth at least 0.03 to anyone besides the seller, which, after tax, gets a 0.01 cent profit/gain.

6 years ago*

Worth =/= cost

Worth is subjective, cost is objective.

No one is denying the objective fact that you can't sell anything lower than 3 cents on the Steam marketplace. PsyKo may not have worded it the best, but to me they were pretty clearly saying there are cards that are basically worth 1 cent, but you literally aren't able to sell them for that low. These cards are nearly impossible to sell because the market is flooded with 3 cent sell orders. How difficult an item is to sell for meager return will impact its worth for a lot of people.

6 years ago

Huh, I guess that makes sense. I have always used Steam Card Exchange for real values, and figured that since all 0.03c cards are worth the same there, that must be the case on the market.

6 years ago

For example, this card. It probably shows as $0.03 or €0.03, but if you'd check the price using some weaker currency, you'd see it going for $0.02, even $0.01 - for example in Poland there's around 400 offers for 0.06 PLN, according to google that 0.016 USD or 0.014 EUR (and on sell graph, tons of sales for 0.03 PLN, which probably means it sells for even less than 0.03 PLN...)..

That meants it would be impossible to sell for 0.03 EUR, because first someone has to buy those 400 offers for 0.014 EUR...

6 years ago*

You collect the card sets, and craft them into badges. Each badge gives you 100 XP. The first 10 levels (0-10) take 1000 XP to unlock. Lvl. 20-30 takes 2000XP, 30-40 takes 3000XP, ect. Now, at every 10 levels, you get an extra slot to customize your Steam profile, along with an extra 20% chance for boosters packs (3 cards) to drop. So people at Lvl 50 have a 100% more chance to get a booster than a level 0-9 user.

And that is about it for actual benefits. A lot of people also think it's fun to to collect the cards to complete sets. It's just about what you want to do and how you want to spend your time.

6 years ago

The first 10 levels (0-10) take 1000 XP to unlock. Lvl. 20-30 takes 2000XP, 30-40 takes 3000XP,

Doesn't it take to get to level 10 1000exp, then to get to level 20 another 2000 exp, then to get to level 30 further 3000 exp., each next 10 levels takes 10 badges more compared to last 10 (unless you get EXP in some other way, but let's not confuse each other too much)?

6 years ago*

I ment to get from a. to b. Thanks for clearing it up though.

6 years ago

Oh, I also meant jumps, from 0-10 is 1000, from 10 to 20 is 2000, from 20 to 30 is 3000. I'll edit it.

Also, hopefully my example with card cleared it out what I meant by $0.01 cards?

6 years ago

Since this past Summer sale was the first event I crafted badges for, I went crazy and crafted 15 of the sale's card set. This sale I will be MUCH more scaled back. Probably craft one set and sell the rest.

6 years ago

I craft badges for games I like, the badges from these sales are useless to me. I'll just sell all the cards and save up for some cheap games or the 2018 Summer Sale.

6 years ago

Ups, so first I voted: "Maybe next time" only to be like: Well, let's have a look, maybe I can craft something. So now I crafted one batch - because I somehow had one for crafting - and now I have to vote for "craft the hell out of it"? Meow, I want a potatoe option pls! :P ;) :D

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm going to craft like crazy for the first time. I really want to reach 130 this year. Don't think I can make it in time though.

6 years ago

I usually collect one set to make a badge, and sell off the rest. I'll probably do that again this year!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Yup, I'm always saving up cards for badges I want to craft for these seasonal sales :) Looking forward to it!

6 years ago

19 badges are ready. When can i craft? :D

6 years ago

Same here, I've got 21 and I'm itching to hit all those ready buttons :p

6 years ago

300 badges are ready. :)

6 years ago

oh. :D

6 years ago

the coupons are useless for me, so i always hold my other badges until the sales when i can get sale cards. i'll craft as many winter sale badges as i can manage without buying anything extra for it. i have 8 full card sets ready to go!

6 years ago

Waaaaah! I can't wait :D

6 years ago

I like to craft as many as I can. The last Summer Sale, I didn't end up getting one foil as a card drop (I usually get a few), so I think I only got one Level of Foil, but I tend to stop once I reach the highest amount that one of the cards is at. Unless I don't like the picture of the Badge. If that is the case, I'll try to get the next level.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.