August 2022 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

📅 Important dates

• 💳 August 30th, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 September 6th 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

There are NO region locks. All keys can be redeemed worldwide.

🔑 Full list of subs

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month

(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense ASF 643500, 656888, 647725, 591206, 591224, 591240, 591243, 594396, 594408, 594426, 594429, 594441, 594456, 594468

A Plague Tale: Innocence and In Sound Mind have been given away for free on Epic Games Store.

**👓 Leaks for September Choice can be found here 👓

2023-06-04: The Ascent out of stock (source)
✨NEW 2023-06-26 The Ascent is back in stock. (source)

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
The Ascent 77% of 12311 🏆 4.50 CV app/979690 W 0 $29.99
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED™ 81% of 2492 🏆 7.50 CV app/1271700 W 0 $49.99
A Plague Tale: Innocence 93% of 39418 🏆 6.00 CV app/752590 W 0* $39.99
Gas Station Simulator 86% of 12629 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/1149620 W 0 $19.99
In Sound Mind 95% of 1068 🏆 5.25 CV app/1119980 W 0 $34.99
Mind Scanners 83% of 550 🏆 2.55 CV app/1389550 W M 0 $16.99
Emily is Away <3 94% of 3610 🏆 1.50 CV app/978460 W M 0 $9.99
Omno 92% of 747 - 🏆 2.85 CV app/969760 W 0 $18.99

* - the game was featured previously only in Build-a-Bundle / Pick & Mix bundles that are usually priced to high for the games to receive partial CV (exclusions apply) and are therefore not included in the bundle count.

Retail:

• $220.92

CV:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

One plan for all
Starting Feb 01 2022, Humble Bundle offers only one plan, which will allow you to receive all the games included in that month’s lineup for the price of $11.99 (regional pricing may vary, see below):

USD EUR GBP AUD CAD NZD CNY RUB
Per month $11.99 €9.99 £8.99 AU$16.95 CA$14.99 NZ$17.95 ¥79 699₽
Per year $129 €109 £98 AU$179 CA$159 NZ$189 ¥850 7,459₽

Humble store discount:
The discount rate is based on how many consecutive months you had your subscription active, as seen below:

Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

Changes Coming to Humble Choice FAQ

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

In your Humble opinion, is this one worth picking up?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] Hard to believe even for me, but this is a great month, full of wishlisted titles.
[Only with limited deal] I had pretty much given up on Choice seeing how the quality isn’t near what it used to be, but this bundle and the $6 coupon got me going again.
[Happy] A big shout-out to The Ascent / A Plague Tale: Innocence. It’s an exceptional game and I’m really glad to see it as part of the lineup.
[Neutral] Well, it’s neither good, nor bad - I guess it depends on what kind of games you like…
[Pause] I'm not getting on the hate train, but the truth is that this month’s train isn't visiting the stations I want.
[Disappointed, DLC] I really dislike it when the headliners are bundled as base games only and they have a ton of DLCs.
[Canceling the subscription] If we skip 12 months in a row, can we skip the 13th for free? LOL
[Accidental autocharge] Dammit, I forgot to pause this month. Again.

waiting for coupon. If no coupon, no buy

1 year ago

how many skip im gonna do waiting for something interesting

1 year ago

26 and a half

1 year ago

Only Plagues Tale. For $12, yeah not biting for a single game. Pass.

1 year ago

I wonder when they are gonna include good games again. It's been months of generic stuff now.

1 year ago

Happy cakeday

🎂

1 year ago

Thank you!

1 year ago

For a moment there i was thinking 'PowerWash Simulator' when I was redeeming my keys :(

1 year ago

I have A Plague Tale: Innocence already.
Maybe I have to stop buying more games, and remember that I have remaining 8 months HB left.

1 year ago

where do choice games go if you didnt accept all of the previous months keys. i only see 2 from july

1 year ago

nevermind i found it. is there a time limit to claim em

1 year ago

No.

1 year ago

obtaining A Plague Tale Innocence for steam with this bundle is a nice bonus imoh because the freebie version on the Epic Store does not have the achievements and this game deserves to be played 100% by unlocking all the achievements. it's a great game

1 year ago*

You can absolutely 100% a game without achievements. Achievements are like a side game, you can choose to do them or not. Or at least that's how I see it.

I have played many DRM-free games and sometimes enjoyed them better because I wasn't worried about missing this achievement, or that achievement.

1 year ago

Also platinuming a game is usually not the same as aquiring 100% ingame completion anyway. 100% ingame completion usually requiring lots of things Platinum doesn't.

Farcry 4 for example is one of those games that has very lenient achievement requirements but if you go for 100% ingame completion it might take an extra 20 - 30 hours.

1 year ago

Oh yes, that's very true.

1 year ago

however A Plague Tale Innocence is a masterpiece that deserves the full platinum and on Epic this is not possible because the achievements are missing so I will play it on steam. I am a collector and I want to unlock achievements in games that deserve it

1 year ago*

Totally agree. I already have it on Epic but I'm gonna use my last Choice token for this; mostly for Plague Tale; although I've heard Gas Station Simulator is surprisingly fun too.

And as an added bonus I'll be finally free and can cancel my (accidental) Choice sub and can stop subsidizing other people's bundles 😄

1 year ago

In Sound Mind -85% on Steam right now lmao. That's a steep new historical low.

1 year ago

just pause until u get coupon even u want that bundle. If no coupon, buy with full price if u really need.

1 year ago

Two free games already offered on Epic Games.

The Ascent is a nice game I almost bought before. Mind scanners I had WL too. The rest aren't my jam. I have 6 more months so screw it, $8.xx
for Ascent is a historical low.

1 year ago

I wanted to love Hot Wheels, I had loads of them as a kid in the 70s. At the time I (foolishly) preferred them over their competitor Matchbox. Matchbox cars had a springy plastic suspension, whereas Hot Wheels had these fixed axles. What it meant was that Hot Wheels COULD get their axles bent, and that was a good bit rarer with Matchbox cars. Main reason that I preferred Hot Wheels then over Matchbox was that Hot Wheels tended to be over-the-top cars with flames/pipes/etc plus they focused on American cars when they did real cars, while Matchbox tended to be realistic copies of actual cars that were generally British/European.

WHY THE HELL AREN'T THE TRACKS YELLOW? The tracks are supposed to be an orangish yellow, and the connectors should be red. The game doesn't even LET YOU set up the track, which I found annoying. What you did with a Hot Wheels track was you clamped it onto your desk if you still had that part (you put a heavy book on end of first piece of track if you didn't) then you ran the track down to the loop-de-loop piece, then you connected another piece of track (maybe a short one) and then connected that to the jump! There was also a battery operated thing that ran these rubberized wheels on both sides when a switch was triggered which would shoot your cars out at a decent speed WITHOUT the use of gravity. I don't remember having one of those, but I think one of my friends did?

Anyways, I played the tutorial race on Easy, and came in dead last. I'm not great at games in general (lack of coordination, bad reaction time, sometimes unable to map muscle memory to controller buttons/triggers.

With The Ascent, I love the look and feel of the game, I kept dying to the first four or five enemies. Repeatedly. Every time. I don't know what I could've done differently, or if there's an easy mode. But as you can see with Hot Wheels, sometimes even Easy Mode is too hard for me when it comes to action games. Turn-based stuff or easy games like Skyrim I will generally do well at (even at middle-difficulty).

1 year ago*

Nice to read your thoughts about Hot Wheels. Brings up sweet memories, since I was too a kid/teenager back then! Thanks for the treat!

1 year ago

Totally ok games, the ones i played. And Hot Wheels seems pretty good too.

1 year ago

Just to be safe...
I can cancel my annual sub and will still retain my last Choice token, right?

I don't really trust Humble anymore so I'm a little worried if I use my last token before canceling they'll immediately bill me for another year.

1 year ago

anything you've paid for is yours - i cancelled a while back after buying for the year and still get it each month upto December

1 year ago

Thank you kindly 😉

View attached image.
1 year ago

Change your billing frequency from annual to monthly.

1 year ago

+1

1 year ago

No coupons yet?

1 year ago

Coupons arrived ! Pay 8$ for a single month.

1 year ago

8$ single month....meh

1 year ago

$8, not bad. I think I'll wait some more to see if the $6 arrives, otherwise I'll bite.

1 year ago

Ok 6 euros for this bundle its very good, i buy it now...

1 year ago

I think Humble screwed up their dates on the billing. I got the coupon for $8 which says I will receive the current games if I subscribe, but when I try to place the order it says I will be charged $8 on Aug 30th and it will start renewing automatically on Sep 27th at $11.99. Wouldn't that mean that I am paying $8 on Aug 30th to get next months bundle? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I placed the order and under "Keys & Entitlements" it shows the current August Humble Choice, but when I click "Get my games", why does it go to a page with a button that says "select games". What is the purpose of selecting games? If I purchased the bundle and get all the games, why would I not want to select all the games? If I click select games and only pick 1 game, will I not get the other 7?

Their website is pretty bad at explaining how things work.

1 year ago*

Yeah, that "select" is mainly a remnant of the times when you actually had only a limited number of choices out of all the games available in that month - hence the name "Humble Choice".
But nowadays the number of available games is lower and you always get the whole bundle. The point of selecting is merely reduced to revealing the keys.

1 year ago

Thanks. I do now remember when they changed the name to Choice instead of Monthly and they had different prices depending on how many games you wanted to choose. I never subscribed though, so I am new to this.

Do you know why the billing dates are wrong? When I go to the settings page, under Humble Choice it says:

Plan Type: Monthly
Billing Date: Your next billing date is September 27, 2022

If I am on a monthly plan and you get charged a week before the bundle is released each month, how am I not getting charged at the end of this month? Did the $8 subscription pay for 2 months so I won't be charged for next month or are the dates just screwed up? I am confused.

1 year ago*

Check the important dates in the original post:

📅 Important dates

💳 August 30th, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)
📆 September 6th 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

Humble tells you about the auto-charge date for next month.

1 year ago

Edit: Now I understand. I thought you were charged before the next bundle was released because that is how they did it in the past when you were charged before the games were announced. I thought you had to pause or cancel before August 30th to not be auto charged for the September bundle.

1 year ago*

The billing dates are in fact correct I think. When you are subscribed you get charged one week before the current bundle ends. For September bundle that would be Sep 27th and that is your next billing date.
The regular billing date for August bundle is on Aug 30th, as the September bundle starts on Sep 6th (first Tuesday of every month). But that date is not relevant for you as you have already paid early for August bundle by taking the offer.

1 year ago

Oh, that makes more sense. I thought everyone was charged before the bundle was released because they used to charge you before they announced the games. I always wondered why so many users decided to create giveaways at the end of the month for the Humble Choice games.

1 year ago

They have one of the most confusing sites I have seen. I signed up Aug 17th to get this months games and I just canceled my subscription today Aug 19 so it doesn't renew. After asking me if I am sure I want to cancel 3 times, they tell me "your membership will stop on October 4th".

How does that make any sense? They release games monthly and I signed up and canceled in August, so what is going to happen in September if my membership will be active through October 4th? Maybe I just get to keep the membership perks like the discounts and Humble playable games for an extra month after cancelling. They do a really horrible job at explaining anything.

1 year ago

Ok, this is confusing indeed. If you have really cancelled your membership, I'd say that the Oct 4th date is an error on Humble's side. I'd expect your membership perks to end on Sep 6th when the September Bundle will be revealed. Any other behaviour would be new to me at least.
And yes, their site is in many aspects confusing by design and sadly they are using so called dark patterns heavily. The process of cancelling you membership is a perfect example.

1 year ago

It is a remnant from the old system. You have paid for this month and you are entitled to the 8 games.

1 year ago

You can pick one game now and other games later. Selecting games - it's relic from the past; when you could choose only portion from available games
Edit: I was slow... :-D

1 year ago

The coupon finally arrived. This month I pay €6.

1 year ago

Just got the same. Tempted to wait and see if they do the 3 months for $6 offer.

1 year ago

Hmm i still havent got any coupon. Only selected people. Did you cancel or pause?

1 year ago

I've been cancelled for a few months.

1 year ago

I got 3 months for 6eur after pausing.
I've been subcriber since it was regular monthly .. So my bet would be it just goes out randomly for people who cancel or pause.

1 year ago

So you've already received the 3 months for 6eur offer for this month ?

1 year ago

No, this is the third month already for me with the deal. But I think I got it around the middle of the month back then as well.
Just check email regularly for it to drop.

btw. try skipping as well every month. every other month they should give skipping discount of 4$

1 year ago

I've had both offers fairly regularly because I'm paused 90% of the time. Only cancelled recently because I was still on the defunct 'Classic plan'. Really want this month's bundle so it's just testing my patience waiting for the 3 month offer :)

1 year ago

In your place I'd wait until the last moment. If sales are low they might send out some in the last week. I think that has happened from time to time as well.

1 year ago

Yeah, good point. Gonna hold out as long as I can :)

1 year ago

I have only ever purchased one Humble Monthly back in 2018 and immediately canceled. When I decided I wanted this month and saw people talking about the discount, I turned my email notifications back on for Humble choice from my account settings about 2 weeks ago. I got an email for the discount on Aug 16th. Mine was $8. I looks like they are doing $8 for the US and 6 Euro, I'm not sure about other countries.

1 year ago

Pause.

1 year ago

once again they send me 8$ offer, meh again

@EDIT
After trying to purhcase, it gives me 7€....but ppl getting 6€....what is this?

1 year ago

Brought to you by Indiegala

1 year ago

Paused since day one, and still no coupon. F them.

1 year ago

its cause you paused. need to cancel every time, right after you get it. i got most of them

1 year ago

Yeah, guess i'll have to try that. I'm a day one monthly subs with more and more pause in the recent years, I might be afraid of whatever advantage loss i could face with a cancellation.
Gonna check if those "advantages" are still there since they changed the plan again and again and try that.

1 year ago

never once used humble store with real $ just with my free wallet from getting a friend to sub. got myself chronotrigger. only game i own 3 times

1 year ago

I ALWAYS get a coupon and I ALWAYS pause (usually at the beginning of the month, but not always). Whatever their profiling method is, it's not that simple.

1 year ago

I think the price is not the main issue for me ,i am just not interested in the hb choice selection anymore. I buy the games i want to play one by one.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.