This is the product of two prime numbers.

2024350343614087005967483595528407128149168383689050518893306563332249979699039584622142667820237987428088888361832538020063454828941458479629419549279471344020692299184430510106603

Be polite and mind your manners, every factor holds a clue at the end of the line.

Since English idioms are a small variable, I'm adding this clue.✨

Some neat tools for puzzles:
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/
https://gchq.github.io/CyberChef/#recipe=Extract_URLs(false)&input=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3RlYW1naWZ0cy5jb20vZ2l2ZWF3YXkvICAgICAvCgkJCQkgICAgXl5eXl4
https://330k.github.io/misc_tools/unicode_steganography.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_number_field_sieve#Implementations

I apologize to anyone who gets a deactivated key ("The product code you've entered has already been activated by a different Steam account."), as most of these are old bundle keys. IndieGala has told me to ask the developers for any replacements if these keys don't work. That's like a store selling me an empty box and telling me to complain to the manufacturer, but I guess IndieGala doesn't have their contact information either. Humble Bundle also ran out of keys for an old game, but they promised to get more, and they sent me an email when the replacement came in.

事件当時の夜中の11時45分(中部標準時)頃、『ドクター・フー』シリーズ中からの一話「ホラー オブ ファン ロック(英語版)」の放送中‌‌‌‌‍‌‌に、PBS (‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‌公共放送サービス) に加盟する放送局WTTW (シカゴ11ch)(英語版)の放送‌‌‌‌‍‌‬‬が、シカゴ9chの事件と同じ人物にジャックされた。このときの音声はゆがんでいてパチパチした音だった。‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‍

Thank you cg for this tool for giving Steam keys to strangers, and for helping me when I tried to run this train too fast and it derailed.

Solve the puzzle for a ticket to ride!

Event is OVER. Read Simple Crypto Lesson after solving for a complete walk-through.
Extra clues if you really give up:

• Factoring the large number is a joke, it's meant to be insurmountable and shocking, not frustrating. (from comments)
  • You must guess the URL code. CyberChef is just a cool unrelated thing. (from comments)
  • Completely finding both factors would only save you one or two guesses.
  • You can solve this puzzle without the number, but it adds a dozen guesses.
  • You can skim https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_cryptosystem#Key_generation for small variables.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wow..

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

I'm a little worried if there is an answer.👀ooO(It seems that there are 0 entries to GA for 12 hours from Start.)

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

So, how long do you need to wait with msieve? xd

3 years ago

That might take more time than we have, my puzzled friend.

There's a clue at the end of the line.

3 years ago

Jesus, I just came back to SG today, and I only found this thread like an hour ago. Noooooo! (as if I'm going to be able to solve it lol)

Will you reattach some of the GAs after this since so little people entered and extend the time?

edit: because the train ended, I got to the mind your Ps and Qs part... and the easy part done. Couldn't get masieve to work. I give up.

3 years ago*

There were 73 giveaways with no winner by my count.

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Wondering now if I should give more clues or just try running it longer.

3 years ago

I know your clue, but I just don't know how to use it.

3 years ago

Same here

3 years ago

I don't know, but if one person solves it that just enters for anything for the +1 on their Steam account, they are going to win a lot of giveaways. From how things have gone so far, I don't think many people will solve it the way it is now.

3 years ago

Try running it longer. Now since Weekend starts people will have more time to have look at it.

3 years ago

It already was running over this weekend, I am extending the last half to next week though.

3 years ago

Any chance you could tell us what the game is we need to work for? I barely have enough time to play my games i would really appreciate if i knew i'm at least interested in the potential reward. Thanks

3 years ago

I'll think about it, but I was also going to check whether the first ticket holder had it. So they could choose something else if they wanted.

~340 bundled keys in addition to that game, if you are missing any IndieGala garbage.

3 years ago

Okay, I had to spoil the prize. Hopefully this brings some motivation.

3 years ago

I only enter GAs that I will definitely play, usually games from my wishlist.
Since the task is too difficult for me, I'm not sure if any of the games from the train will interest me.

With jigidi it's easier for me - even if I don't need the game, I had a pleasant time solving the puzzle =)

Therefore, I will not participate, but bump for those who are interested in encryption.

3 years ago

Look at you bragging about playing games. I see it on your wishlist, unless the first ticket-holder has it already and decides to change it, I'd keep trying :3

3 years ago*

Unfortunately, I can't even find the first ticket 😔
I thought I was able to find the desired 5 symbols - but they don't lead to any giveaway.

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue.

3 years ago

The more clues I add, the less effective some others are. Instead, I'll change something in the future if nobody gets this.

3 years ago

This is fascinating but I think I’m doing it very wrong.

3 years ago

I look forward to your report. 😩📒

3 years ago

My report is that:
Recipe is superfluous since format is standard.
Steganograph is easy enough.
It’s applying my manners with my inputs that is giving me pause; for one thing I’m unconvinced you really want me to run msieve and for another, I can’t run it on my system lol.

I tried assuming you want the constants replaced with primes....and that’s a simple brute force....but so far, I seem to be off on that idea.

3 years ago*

Ah yeah, standard recipe should be obvious, but I wanted to advertise the kitchen.

3 years ago

The kitchen is pretty sweet, I bookmarked it next to paulshou for funsies.

3 years ago

Oh, found something! But it didn't lead to anything. :/

Been looking for programs (both your link and other stuff) to factorize the number. But even if I managed that, I doubt I'll understand what I'm supposed to do with 2 big numbers anyway.

3 years ago

I've come back to this puzzle a few times and did some research on the numbers and the translated text, but still don't have any idea how to start. At this point I'm just going to wait and hope that nobody solves it. I'm not that interested in whatever the main game is that you referred to in a comment, I'm just interested in looking through the massive number of bundle games to see if there is anything I missed that I want to play.

3 years ago

I thought i was slowly getting there but..

View attached image.
3 years ago

Am confused how is it simple if nobody is can't solve it
And can i get help from my friends to solve it

3 years ago

Am confused how is it simple if nobody is can't solve it

Haha, yeah maybe my riddle was too hard.

can i get help

Someone's going to get a lot of games if there's only one entry. Don't post any work here, but you can coordinate if you don't mind sharing the prize pool!

3 years ago

Oh im planning to get help from other places(like math included dc server etc.) so it I'll be only me and maybe another friend that uses steamgift
But I'm open to help if anyone wanna join(ngl i almost have no idea just wishing help from friends) i can send dc server link

3 years ago*

Bump tried but i still don't know :D

3 years ago

İ think only ionface know

3 years ago

True :D Going to wait on a hint. Thought I was close, but then that path seemed to fail completely :D

3 years ago

even if someone decides they don't have enough points to join

3 years ago

1 week remaining, I'll add date to title.

3 years ago

I needed a few more gifts as a consolation prize with a simpler riddle

3 years ago

Am I wrong or I can see your giveaways end in 18 hours? :P

3 years ago

Only about 120 of them, then I'll reattach them if nobody enters. The main prize and the last half of the train is over on the 25th.

3 years ago*

After several hours of fail and error (yeah, not trail and error, just fails) I think I am ready to give up. Thought I had a breakthrough, thats still seems good but leads to nowhere and I am in a dead end. Sad for this very intricate puzzle, but I have no time on the weekend to bash my head against a wall. Can't wait for the final solution (because of my narrow wishlist I am sure that there are no games that will interesst me, but the riddle solution will be facinating).

3 years ago

When I finally got something, it leaded to a dead end.... nice ><''

3 years ago

Same...😢

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Feel like I'm making headway, got lots of data but no results yet...

3 years ago

I was using one of the linked programs to factorize the number. But after leaving it running all day, can't tell if it crashed at some point or if it's still running. Either way it's taking way too long so I'm giving up.

3 years ago

Tried something similar. It's just taking too long. It's a huge number.

3 years ago

Same here. After letting the program running in the background for some hours with no solution, I cancled it because I do not know if this is normal or I use the wrong program.

3 years ago

lol, I though it might happen. It looks like 1 person managed to solve it and is currently entered to win 21 games in 8 hours from now. At least they didn't enter them all.

Even with all the hints, I still have no idea what to do.

3 years ago*

I'm surprised anyone did solve this.

It requires for English to be your main language because of idioms and also about 200IQ to solve it :P

3 years ago

Unless it's a red herring, the biggest obstacle I'm seeing is the finding the prime factors. That's supposed to be the biggest, close to impossible challenge of breaking our best encryption techniques!

And even assuming I manage that, I'm unsure how 2 giant numbers would be relevant to SG URLs or the usual puzzles.

3 years ago

Cryptography is not for me and when I look at the list of prime numbers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prime_numbers) I know I would not be able to solve this puzzle even in a week time.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Bump for solved!

3 years ago

😂 You are so going to ruin your ratio & CV

anyway Congrats to the Prime Pupil

3 years ago

Nah, I joined only 6 GAs in total (wishlisted games); only 3 of them end in 2 hours and in only one of them I'm the sole participant.
I don't care about hoarding 300+ games I wouldn't even play.

3 years ago*

Nevermind, I was just pulling your leg a bit while I´m trying to wrap my head around this conundrum and you´re the only one who come forward .. my deepest respect for cracking that nut !

3 years ago

That's too much ;P It may be a hard nut to crack, but ionface gave us some effective nutcrackers. This remark of his pointed me in the right direction and a pair of those tools he provided (when used correctly) really helped me having my breakthrough.

I know it's easy for me to say now, but it's really "simple" in the end and you're probably overthinking. Anyway, it's not up to me to help, good luck with the puzzle, it's worth to be solved.

3 years ago*

agreed 8)
I think I know the rough direction where the whole thing is going, just can´t see it clearly yet. Maybe in part because I´m not a native speaker or an IT expert - using the tools on a trial & error basis seems only half as effective ; D
at least I found this in my exploits; while I´m 99,9% sure completely unrelated, still SUCCESS yay!
Anyway, all the more reason to keep trying it, since there´s still a couple of days left ..

Thanks for the heads up after all !

3 years ago

I'm not a native speaker or an IT expert either 👍

3 years ago

Closed 1 year ago by ionface.