Just for info, for the newly introduced Fortnite mod à la Battle Royale

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-battle-royale-goes-free

What’s Fortnite Battle Royale?
It’s a 100-player PvP mode in Fortnite that will be free for everybody on Sept. 26. One giant map. A battle bus. Fortnite building skills and destructible environments combined with intense PvP combat. The last one standing wins.

So, what’s the catch?
No catch. Fortnite Battle Royale is free and we will not sell items that give a competitive advantage. At some point in the future we will sell other things including cosmetics or compendium-like content.

Squads are Coming!
On September 26, Fortnite Battle Royale will introduce squads. Also, we’re working to improve the feel of combat, controls, weapons, movement and inventory.

“Save the World” PvE Updates
Fortnite’s “Save the World” PvE campaign remains in paid Early Access and we have lots of great updates in the works including the previously announced “Block Party” mode and some spooky October content.

How Can I Play?
On September 26, Battle Royale will be available as a free download on the Epic Games PC launcher, PlayStation Store and Xbox Store.

More Questions?
Check out our community FAQ for additional details.

-The Fortnite Team

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Which answer is best ?

View Results
2nd option
A better answer
Second best answer
There is no answers, only options
There is no options and no answers
A better option
I love useless polls
I love useless answers
I hate useless polls
I hate useless answers
There is no best answer

Pool free to play

6 years ago

I was watching Grimmz and AnthonyKongphan stream this the other night. It doesn't look too bad for a F2P game, really. I didn't know it was going to be free, though, so that's good news. :D

6 years ago

Fortnite itself is going free to play, but this mode seperatly for some reason is, right now.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Yeah, because no one has ever played a competitive MP game for only a Battle Royale mode.

-_-

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

They probably decided PvP was ready (at least for marketing :P, surfing on PUBG-like hype)...
while they are still polishing the original game which is mainly cooperative PvE, so they can sell pricy early access to it (F2P in the future, from a Streamer source it could be end 2017/early 2018), while boosting their customer base hugely, while getting it used to core game mechanics ^^
Sorry long sentence :P

6 years ago

Clash Royale is nothing like Battle Royal first off, youre looking at the wrong game in that case, theres Minion Masters, Brawl of Ages, Warzone: Clash of Generals, Blitz Brigade: Rival Tactics, and Chaos League in that genre if youre looking for that. I dunno why make part of the game free now, rather than all toghether, to try and catch the PUBG hype train before its too late? The whole game is meant to be free at some point anyway and this is remotely done as is. How many times we must repeat, the PVE part of the game, the main one, is going to be free next year. You wont have to buy Battle Royal mode but the main game you have to if you want to play right now, if you cant or dont want to buy, wait for 2018.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Except there isnt realy any sort of competition, no leaderboards, no tourneys, no events, its just a PVE game at heart and core.

6 years ago

Yes and i believe youl be able to download and play for free the Battle Royale mode, while the main PVE game itself is still pay to play untill some point in the next year. Everyone who bought this for the Battle Royale are being offered refunds. This game mode is not being charged in the next week or so anymore, the main one still is, for now.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I don't think it is their priority.
Their Epic Games launcher offers Paragon F2P (like Paladin / Overwatch), Unreal Engine 4 for game devs, Shadow Complex (15€) and mod editor for ARK: Survival Evolved / Conan Exiles / Robo Recall / Squad / VR Funhouse.
I'll see if I will like Fortnite mechanics sept 26th. too, I didn't want to throw them 50 bucks right now just for testing :-)

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

The game is everyone for themselves, if it is taking long to get enough players, they can start the match with less players. I think PUBG uses 100 players and H1Z1:KOTK starts with around 150-170 players. I don't see why this game would have any problem getting 100 player matches.

Edit: PUBG peaks at around 1.3 million players online at the same time every day. KOTK is around 85 thousand. These type of competitive games are really popular and as long as the game doesn't get really bad publicity from major problems, I don't see why it wouldn't gather a lot of players, especially considering the other 2 popular games in this genre are not on consoles yet and this one is free to play.

6 years ago*

Deleted

6 years ago

Considering how popular PUBG and KOTK are and how there is so much talk about how one is better than the other, I think people will talk about how this game compares to those two. Streamers will talk about it and I think that will be enough publicity. I wouldn't be surprised if some popular streamers started playing it.

I watched this gameplay video and it looks like a pretty good game. Both PUBG and KOTK still have problems and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some things about this game that some people like over those two games. The game looks fun and very well made. If it is enjoyable to watch it will bring more viewers which will cause streamers to want to stream it.

Based on what I have seen I think it will be popular. The only thing I am worried about is that this is a competitive game and if they don't get the aiming, accuracy, and damage of the guns correct, it will not be good as a competitive game which can cause a lot of early bad publicity and really hurt the popularity.

Edit: Actually there are already popular streamers playing this game. I was just watching a video of the game and there was a recommended video of this game from a very popular Twitch streamer. The game is already getting publicity from streamers.

6 years ago*

Deleted

6 years ago

you were godamn wrong

3 years ago

lol, good necro shaming post

3 years ago

I agree the callout is unnecessary (I'm sure all of us have made similarly wrong predictions about various things). But to be fair, the necro of the thread came before that comment.

3 years ago

I wasn't the one that resurrected the thread ;)

3 years ago

No potato answer :(

6 years ago

F2P poll missing crucial option, typical. They expect us to buy it with microtransactions.

6 years ago

I didn't want a cognitively lazy answer !

(but I was betting the "There is no best answer"... would get best score ! ;-))

6 years ago

It will die. Just like everyone does eventually(((

6 years ago

99% of time normally.

6 years ago

Im all over it, beats Last Man Standing for sure.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Apparrently I can already play it :

That must be test servers.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Actually, last Fortnite 1.6 update includes access to public servers. (You won't keep any ranking or potential collectibles on live sept 26th.)

6 years ago

Ok, well, you can't really get how core game works or profit from Fortnite mechanics. You don't have time, map is too small.
It is a cartoon PUBG. Better go back to PUBG... o_o

6 years ago

Just told my nephew about this and he will DL It on the 26th or later for PS4. Thanks for the info.

6 years ago

I'll play this than PUBG. Hey, it's free nothing to lose.

6 years ago

:O

3 years ago

bruh

3 years ago

Wish threads got locked after a certain period of inactivity. Don't bump 3 year old threads.

3 years ago

Honestly this should be a temp ban or mute offence. -_- I was like wait whhhhhaaattttt>?

3 years ago

this should be a temp ban

It is.

3 years ago

Who would've thought that Battle Royale would become the main game and Save the World would be almost given up on and remain in paid early access. Oh well, a lot can happen in 3 years :)

3 years ago

I remember liking the original because it reminded me of Orcs Must Die, which I really liked. Too bad they ignored it, and only developed the battle royale one. :(

3 years ago

True

3 years ago

I really don't understand this post...It has always been free to play

3 years ago

The post was created 3 years ago. On that time the game wasn´t free, it seems.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

I love when people dig grave from 3 years, just to read comments :D

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by Threepw00d.