https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/NfRm1/just-hero

Homemade scallion and bacon mac n cheese

Off to another business trip. Be back in about a week with more pics...

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Is that stove or baked?

4 years ago*

made with love by the looks of it...

4 years ago

I'd expect more carmelizing if baked. The yumminess of browning and slight crispiness.
But could be baked at a low temp from pic.

4 years ago

Stove. I find baking makes it harder to keep the pasta al dente.

4 years ago

Damn you just got back! Now that's a job my girlfriend would love. Me? Not so much lol

Have a good trip!

4 years ago

Yes, sometimes it looks as jatan's job is restaurant/food tester :-D

4 years ago

Hah and all over the world on top of that. I think my lady would kill for a job like that. And then she'd complain about gaining weight.

4 years ago

lol.... oh yes i know that complains AFTER they eaten each day selfmade caramell almonds and daily 3 Latte Macchiato with vanille (sugar) sirup on top of it^^ (each latte have 200 calories without the adding). To name only 2 things that jumps them on as direct hips gold

4 years ago*

Heh yep and when I say "I really do like your ass the way it is" I get a glare. I really do. I'm not just saying that :P

4 years ago

You have loosed before you give a answer to the weight stuff ^^

I try to hold me at my golden rule, when she question if she is to heavy/fat and if she should loose weight they know already the answer when they question...., to answer "you look good and if you loose weight you will look even better" without the EVEN in such a sentence you can choose your gravestone^^. It's the full truth and not a lie but it is needed to be a bit "sneaky/smart" to get not the black peter card for it.

4 years ago

lmao you scared of your lady, you're a smart man.
My usual answer is "you look good to me but if you dont look good to you, then I support whatever you want to do. Just know that you're doing for you, not for me but it's your body so it's your choice"
Ofc I get the eye roll anyway but it keeps the peace. And it's also true so I'm on solid ethical ground lol

4 years ago

Yes its the truth.... but they don't want the 100% truth. More the be honest but say me what i should do -if i know it anyway or not-.

I tried your version too but the results were in the best case only eyes rolls and/or "you say that only because you know i want to hear it but.......", and complete indifferent what you try to explain or say after that sentence she don't listen and want only hold at the "you say it only because i want to hear it...", so you have loosed without being not honest or said only what she wanted to hear.

I was the one that lowered the unhealthy weight loose stuff they started. All started with i eat nothing/only a salad/only a few fruits for the complete day. So complete unhealthy and unrealistic ways (special with me as, mostly, the cook at home...^^).
I directed it to the way that they can eat a cake or ice. A smaller size and all is ok. You loose weight without missing something.
Because i hated it when a girfriend said she eat nothing more or eat only salad. When we go out she eat salad and look my food out of my mouth. Then i played as i were full and can't eat all, share the rest with her after a hard fight that she eat a bit of it ... and then my torment begun because i was not able to order more because played as i were already replete.
And i like to eat .... (under weighted guy but GOOD food is anyway one of my weak points :-D )

4 years ago*

Yes its the truth.... but they don't want the 100% truth

Heh well my lady lives by the truth but yeah on that let's just say it's about 75/25 :P

All started with i eat nothing/only a salad/only a few fruits for the complete day.

Yeah I got the "not really hungry so I'm only going to have fruit... for a week" crazy diet thing too. And i'm telling you, as a cook, that doesn't fly with me.

So complete unhealthy and unrealistic ways (special with me as, mostly, the cook at home...^^).

And harmful too. And it's not even going to work for weight loss because your body needs all kinds of nutrients and creating a deficit only makes you crave it more

I directed it to the way that they can eat a cake or ice. A smaller size and all is ok. You loose weight without missing something

Yup. And yeah sometimes it's not easy to have only one piece but if you can go actually deprive yourself for nothing, why is just having one piece harder than not having any??

And i like to eat .... (under weighted guy but GOOD food is anyway one of my weak points :-D )

Hah good food is one of the rare joys in this life that hasn't been trampled over by modern times! Why shouldn't we enjoy it??

4 years ago

Hah good food is one of the rare joys in this life that hasn't been trampled over by modern times!

Be sure to enjoy your cake day!

4 years ago

Thanks (•‿•)
Missed it by almost 12 hours! lol that's how much I was enjoying it.

4 years ago

happy dah cake, Flufffffstah!

4 years ago

Graziiiiiiiieeeee Icoolio! (◕‿-)✌

4 years ago

bon voyage and... eat a lot!

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.