Hey guys,

I wonder which game is your personal GOTY this year? It's only 2 months until 2019 in which great games such as Resident Evil 2 Remake, Trials Rising, Metro: Exodus, Crackdown 3, Devil May Cry 5 and Shenmue 3 will be released!

My personal GOTY 2018 is definitely Yakuza 0. Surely, titles like Final Fantasy XV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Two Point Hospital have also been pretty addictive but I'm really overwhelmed with Yakuza 0. I didn't think that I'd ever play a game on par with Shenmue 2. No wait, it even surpasses it.

So guys, what's your personal pick? Maybe it's even an upcoming game like Fallout 76 (Please no), Hitman 2, Darksiders 3?

Hope you had a great Halloween!

Cheers.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Was 2018 a good year regarding games for you?

View Results
Most definitely.
Kinda.
It was okay I guess.
I'm undecided.
Could have been worse.
Wasn't that much of a great year tbh.
I hated 2018!
Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

So far probably CrossCode, if we count it coming out of EA this year.
If that doesn't count, the other contender is La-Mulana 2, still hoping they will patch support for more resolutions and other technical stuff.

5 years ago

Well CrossCode is already not EA anymore.

5 years ago

That's what I said. :v I don't know the general stance on EA, IMO it should count, but maybe someone would be like "nu-uh, this could be played in 2015, even if there was no ending" or something.

5 years ago

I dropped CrossCode around third fight against grass-hair. The game is 75% puzzle 25% RPG and I got burned out.

5 years ago

Crusader Kings II.

5 years ago

Game of the Year, every year!

5 years ago

Bring on Holy Fury!

5 years ago

It was a really weak year for adventure games (as for RPGs, there are a few very promising titles - like Pillars of Eternity 2, The Banner Saga 3 and Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I haven't actually got to play them yet). The best game I played this year is definitely Unavowed.

5 years ago

Well I haven't played a good PC game which came out this year, but on PS4 I have played God of War so if it is allowed my vote goes for that game.
P.S. It's amazing game, if anyone has the chance to try it out, go for it.

5 years ago

Mine is God of War.

the animation, dialogue, and story are mind blowing.

i really can't wait for the sequels.

5 years ago

+1 for god of war

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Agreed. I don't why everyone always gets hype about GOTY before the year is even out.

5 years ago

Actually, Warframe for me. Older game, but it's getting regular content updates and I've been sucked into it thoroughly!

5 years ago

Same. It's scary how addictive it is. Playing since 4 months now and already clocked 450 hours.

I can only imagine how much of my backlog I could have beaten in that time instead.

5 years ago

373 hours in the last few months myself. :|

5 years ago

I have to ask; out of your top 11 most played games, 10 are F2P, and NONE of them is Path of Exile or Planetside 2. Why?!

5 years ago

Snooping, eh? :P

So, I'm stupidly addicted to clickers. Those are usually F2P and take a TON of hours to complete. Often, I leave these open for extended periods, so play time is not always true play time. Some of my other favorites are also not represented there. For example, I have a few hundred hours on Witcher 3, but I have those hours on GOG. I also played the heck out of some non-Steam MMOs, like SWTOR.

As for the two you specifically listed, I also have a bad habit of adding to my backlog before clearing it. I've picked up a good number of games, really wanting to put time into it, but then never getting there. I have a handful of big. good games installed that have never been run. I may try either of those when I'm done with WF... or I may get into something else entirely. :/

5 years ago

Yeah, I tend to snoop into people's games list to find new ideas for games to play, by checking their most time spent. In your case I've found Reassembly to be worth looking into.

Anyways, I couldn't unsee the irony, that someone with almost 10k games, has that many F2P titles at the top. Never seen that before, hence why I felt like commenting it. :P

As for the mentioned examples, PS2 and PoE (also WF), have the very best F2P business model of their kind (as in not being P2W), so it baffled me to see just one of them up there.

5 years ago

Agree, I love WF's F2P model. It's a great way to do business.

And I will always recommend Reassembly, so if you haven't yet, give it a try!

5 years ago

I'm one of the few (apparently) who can't afford to play games the same years they are released, so no GOTY for me. :P

5 years ago

actually I think you're in majority, most real life people Iknow, even if they buy a new game it's one, maybe two a year

5 years ago

few? gta v comes out gta v comes 2013..me 2018 oh finally look at this master piece know the feel...

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

I don't think I've played any 2018 game so far (I might be wrong), I'm always catching up to stuff that's a year or more old (or sometimes close to a decade).

Edit: wait, does the Seal the Deal DLC for A Hat in Time counts?

5 years ago

could be X4 Foundations
but ask me again in December when tha game is out

5 years ago

I have to open up the Library Filter site to see what game I even own that came out this year...

Most surprising - Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
Best F2P game - Marie's Room
Highest quality - Papers, Please - The Short Film
GOTY - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

In all honesty, it's a weak GOTY to have. But since I play games that haven't been recently released, this was the best I could come up with.

5 years ago

Celeste
With AC:Odyssey right behind it.
Special mention to Spellforce 3.

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Kinda similar to you, mine is Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

5 years ago

I'm going to go with Into The Breach.
It's competing with 7 Billion Humans, Omensight, Battletech and La-Mulana 2. Maybe Opus Magnum if December 2017 is counted as "this year" for award purposes.

5 years ago

In which great games such as Resident Evil 2 Remake, Trials Rising, Metro: Exodus, Crackdown 3, Devil May Cry 5 and Shenmue 3 will be released!
In which the following games will be released

Fixed that for you.

Game of the year... haven't played many new releases, and those were also on the indie side - Unavowed would be my pick, with the honorary mention of Mark of the Ninja Remastered.

5 years ago

Pillars of Eternity 2.

And that's the only game from 2018 I've played I think. Or at least the only remarkable one.

5 years ago

I'm going to say For The King, since it's the only one I've played from this year.
Not a bad game really, but I can't run it smoothly so I couldn't enjoy it fully.

If Slay the Spire comes out of early access this year, I'd change it to that in a heartbeat.

5 years ago

Definitely Subnautica

It was already on my top 10 of all times list during EA.

5 years ago

That is amazing...

5 years ago

Yakuza 0 and CrossCode. No, I can't pick one. (Really helps that I haven't played any other "new" games this year but I'd definitely pick those two even if I had. :P )

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

For me, it's easy:

View attached image.
5 years ago

BOI*

View attached image.