Was really hard getting to level 30, there was a quest yesterday something about last one, but i thought that would just be the last picture quest as in not to keep spamming the forum much.
Apparently something new is coming, but how fair will that gonna be?

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

You guys get real life goodies and contests too. :/

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Whole $35 for printing paper and a stylus?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I'd happily trade alienware goodies for public health and no school shooting :U

4 years ago

hahaha!

4 years ago

LOL

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

They are doing something big in 2 days, it should be worth the wait. It's their 10 year anniversary after all.

4 years ago

Oprah Winfrey: You get a master level, you get a master level, you get a master level. :p

They might do a few days of fun stuff, but if after that the arp earning halts again, then people will have a real big struggle ever getting to master.

4 years ago*

I think that's a bit too hopeful. ^^

It's only a struggle if you see it like that. Otherwise you can just do it casually and forget about it til tomorrow.

4 years ago

if you can gain like 4 points a day as it is now (and some time before) when it takes 200 points per level, that will just take a very long time, by that time they most likely would have increased requirements again like they did already once or twice.
Newcomers just barely have a chance anymore.

4 years ago*

There's also the consecutive daily logins which results in 81 points in 9 days, but you are right. Those are the rules of the game. I think you already experienced this with Forge of Gods, maybe you could try for a different experience? These are just endless carrot on a stick models.

4 years ago

I dropped Forge of Gods as so many did and Crusaders of the lost idols is one of the last online game i would be doing as i also already got burned with other multiplayer ones that just vanished.
But i don't get how you want to compare that to alienware, with alienware you simply get free games once a awhile if you are on time and got the proper levels, i got several free games until they upped to level 30, at first i thought why bother but when i started again already reached level 28 and was indeed close to level 30, would have taken one more month.

4 years ago*

Both are things where it's free to participate, but you need to keep investing more time and energy to keep up, because they keep pushing the bar forward. The difference is, in that game you are given the option to pay to speed up the progress.
And yes, in 2 months you would get level 30, but then you will see that you the bar is raised to one of the Master ranks. That's the reality behind it.

4 years ago

And maybe i can hitch for a few more months on some level 30 giveaways if they kept it how it was and in the meantime get even more higher levels.
Thing is a year ago people already had it easy when you could have had level 30+ people upvote your content and gain levels a lot quickly (granted someone did for me till about level 16 which at that time i think would have been enough), while every newcomer not have that luxury anymore.

We really just have to disagree on how a game and a forum with giveaways are just two different things to me.
Also a game you choose for and you know what to expect usually from it, a forum like this just changes by a whim of whoever runs it, and why give US people so much more advantages, they still got daily quests i think.

4 years ago

The similarity of both is that feeling "maybe i can hitch for a few more months then get back to grinding levels", meaning they give you some goodies to keep you going, then back to the grind until the next stop.

Why didn't you say so? Get to level 30 asap so you can upvote my content! I'll be your moral support :D

It's not really a whim, it's because they are US based, they can get easier connections to US companies who pay to get promoted on alienware, which in turn pays for the expenses of the free stuff for the users.

4 years ago*

They removed that upvote thing by higher levels..Hence why i said the unfair part.

That thing, removing arp for EU one moment and then put it back in, and then remove it yet again that is on a whim.
I never even talked about the US part as i don't know.

4 years ago*

That's the thing I tried to explain, it's probably a contract running out of time and until they confirm a new one, they will take out the arp for EU. But we don't see any of that, it's behind the scenes, so it looks like it's on a whim to us.

4 years ago

At least Finland got rid of those quests loong ago. Aliens hate us.

4 years ago

It means u are pure human.

4 years ago

Atleast you won't risk getting abducted by them.

4 years ago

Maybe the SOONtm will bring new stuff for EU people?

4 years ago

Probably but i am afraid it's going to be a big dud.

4 years ago

Or maybe they don*t care about us anymore..there was always more to do for Americans than for us.

4 years ago

Afraid that's going to be the case yeah.

4 years ago

lets just hope for the best o.O

4 years ago

I don't use Alienware.. i never liked their system.
So they can do whatever they want wothout bothering me :o)

But i understand that the EU people feel discriminated at Alienware.
That was one of the reason why i, as EU citizen, don't used their site

4 years ago

Come on, im level 29...

4 years ago

...maybe forever. XD

4 years ago

I would rather expect something positive than being pessimistic, since I don't think the quests will disappear completely for EU.
What if they finally plan to reunite US and rest of the world with the quest and ARP system? It's about time because they told us they were working on a solution to provide a reward system for EU region too.
I'm really looking forward to it. ;)

4 years ago

Uh-oh, I guess I was wrong. Still no sign of rewards for EU. :/
It looks like another ARP overhaul, and the last one just happened to make leveling much worse. :o

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.