Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Giveaway extractor stops at exactly 100 extracted giveaways. Everytime.
Only "Cancel" button is shown, no "More" etc.

(Chrome Extension, latest version)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Since KingJZ didn't follow up, can you confirm if the issue still exists?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Will look into it. But in the meantime, you can use the button to only extract from the current giveaway onward as a workaround (use it from the 100th giveaway).

5 years ago

The community train extracted fine for me. Which settings are you using?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

You mean allow giveaways to be re-ordered? Why would that be important?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

Wowzers. Thanks!
EDIT: well, options menu is grayed out and clicking the extension button opens a popup for all of the options instead, however, the popup in narrow so info is clipped. I finally managed to get around it by inspecting element and manually changing popup width. It's temporary and crude but it helped. Checking 9.22 didn't even work. Could that be uMatrix related or anything like that? (sorry for my ignorance in the matter)

5 years ago*

What do you mean?

5 years ago

"EDIT: well, options menu is grayed out and clicking the extension button opens a popup for all of the options instead, however, the popup in narrow so info is clipped. I finally managed to get around it by inspecting element and manually changing popup width. It's temporary and crude but it helped. Checking 9.22 didn't even work. Could that be uMatrix related or anything like that? (sorry for my ignorance in the matter)"

5 years ago

Just use the button at the header on SG.

5 years ago

Oh... it was right in front of me. Well thanks again. Your script makes me feel like I unlocked godmode or something... well, I'm not winning or anything but I sure feel better now :)

5 years ago

Hi, how can I import settings from my .json file?

5 years ago

In the settings the second button (restore data) between sync and backup.

5 years ago

Did something break the train makers next/previous links or did I just fail to copy&paste it from generate? First GA had a nice next link, but for all others they had extra [s and ]s in middle.

5 years ago

Train generator prev/next links not creating correctly #1009
gsrafael01 commented 12 days ago
I'll look into it. But in the meantime, you can use Multi-Manager to edit giveaway descriptions in mass. With it enabled, select all of the giveaways that you want to edit, click "Replace", enable "Use regular expression.", paste /\[](.+?)]\((.+?)\)]/g in the search field and [$1]($2) in the replace field. And done, all of the descriptions will be edited.

https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1009

5 years ago

Thanks for jumping in. :)

5 years ago

It broke with v8.0.0, so if you want to use the feature without issues you could try downgrading to the version before that until I fix it, but it will be fixed soon.

5 years ago

No worries, I know it was the evil witches breaking it to prevent me from revealing the truth about the CV system, sorry that you had to take a hit for it. ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Maybe it was in the system for longer, but the hide-single-giveaway button stops appearing after the first page of giveaways with endless scrolling on, and actually un-hides the previously hidden giveaways. ( I had less than 1 pages worth of giveaways for a good while, so only now noticed)

5 years ago

Will look into it.

5 years ago*

It's appearing fine for me, you're talking about Giveaway Filters > Single Filters, right? Which button un-hides previously hidden giveaways? If the giveaway is hidden then it shouldn't appear, so how can it be unhiding?

5 years ago

Turns out it's a different script, so not that surprising it doesn't work with the endless scrolling. I didn't know / forgot that it had giveaway-hiding option too. Sorry for confusing you.

5 years ago

No problem.

5 years ago

Hello, I have an issue. My giveaways page doesnt open with esgst on. It just shows its loading, I cant see buttons for example open giveaway. It really lags my pc for no reason, when it worked fine 2 days ago. And i cant even open the browser console. Without esgst it works fine.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

I dont have any other script in tampermonkey. I have just a few other scripts running, but all of them were working together with esgst. I also dont have any hidden discussions. Right now it doesnt lag as much, but still doesnt work properly

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

I managed to fix it, it seems that another script similar to tampermonkey got installed somehow - it also tried to run esgst, that why it didnt work. But thank you for trying to help :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I now I can filter region restricted GAs, but can I also filter only those which I can't enter but keep the one for my region?

5 years ago

For the Giveaway Extractor that's currently not possible, because the script would have to retrieve the countries of the giveaway and that would add a lot to the requests. But you can use the "Enterable" filter to see only giveaways that you can enter.

5 years ago

wow that's even better, makes the filter a bit shorter

5 years ago

although those aren't enterable I would still like to see not started Gas
is there an option for that

5 years ago

There's a filter called "Started". You could combine the two in the advanced filters (this is not possible in the basic ones): "Started" set to "false" OR "Enterable" set to "true"

5 years ago

ok, need to try it thanks

5 years ago

enterable also filters SGTools

5 years ago

Just combine the two.

5 years ago

Doesn’t seem to work

5 years ago

Enterable set to "true" OR SGTools set to "true"?

5 years ago

don't filter anything
if I have the enterable outside of that or it filters everything correct, but also sgtools aren't shown

View attached image.
5 years ago

It filters correctly for me, do you have the link for the discussion where you used it to see if I can reproduce it there?

5 years ago

Sorry can’t remember where I had that
I switched back to having all the cases separately as it also filters games which haven’t started and where I don’t have the points for

5 years ago

I added a "Currently Enterable" filter to the latest version that replaces the "Enterable" functionality, leaving "Enterable" now less restrictive (it shows non-started giveaways and giveaways for which you don't have enough points).

5 years ago

Script v 8.0.5
Grid View
Theme --> "SGv2 Dark"
Element Ordering --> all reset

View attached image.
5 years ago

Can you disable the theme and see if the result is the same?

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Can you see how it is on the latest version?

5 years ago

Everything works perfectly

5 years ago

Hi, Is there any change to the create giveaway templates?

I'm trying to make a giveaway using a template and when I click Create Giveaway I get the "Creating..." animation on the button and it stays so forever.

Using the last version 8.0.5 updated 21h ago, and I can confirm this function was working fine two days ago.
Using Tampermonkey last version on Cyberfox 52.9.1

Thanks!

5 years ago

Please check for errors in the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J).

Also try creating the giveaway manually through "Review Giveaway" to see if that works.

5 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply!

The console says (after clearing and reloading the create giveaway page):

The resource from “https://www.steamgifts.com/” was blocked due to MIME type mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff). new
TypeError: this is undefined[Learn More] eval line 3 > Function:102:233058

I can confirm that the second line appears right when I click the create giveaway button.

I've tested the review giveaway and then confirming it and it does WORK. The giveaway is created as expected by the template.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.1.2.

5 years ago

Confirmed! thanks :)

5 years ago

Is there option to hide joined giveaway?

5 years ago

ESGST Settings --> 2.18 Giveaway Filters --> 2.18.2 Multiple Filters --> 2.18.2.30 Entered
If you enable this you can filter out all entered giveaways.

5 years ago

Thanks for answer, works.

5 years ago

thanks for your effort

5 years ago

I just checked my entered giveaways and i asked myself, wouldn't it be nice to see the average Chance/Ratio, Level and Entries for all active giveaways together.

View attached image.
5 years ago

With "Endless Scrolling" and "Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details" you should be able to see these infos for all giveaways you entered on one page.

5 years ago

I didn't mean stats for each entry, those are already shown, i meant combined stats for all active entries.

5 years ago

Like the SG stats for Probability of Winning Per Day?

5 years ago

Yeah similar, so that the averages for the stats are shown on top of the "Entered" page. Average Chance/Ratio, average Level and average Entries for the currently active entered giveaways (so except the inactive ones).

5 years ago

Added a feature that does this to v8.1.2: Entered Giveaways Stats

5 years ago

Wow, thank you very much, that was fast. :D

I guess i'm supposed to activate it under "9.Entered Giveaways Stats" but for some reason, enabling it won't hold up after refreshing the settings page (which also looks kinda new to me).

This is what it looks like

Edit: Ah silly me, i forgot to save the changes. All good.

Thank you very much for adding this, you rock. 😉

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

You're welcome! Yes, the settings menu and other menus have been redesigned.

5 years ago

The new version has a major design change when it comes to some ESGST-generated pages/popups (such as the settings menu, the sync menu etc). ESGST now borrows https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile for those pages/popups, so the /esgst/... pages no longer work, and that also means that I no longer have to keep a copy of SteamGifts' CSS.

I believe the new design is much better, and I intend on moving other features to this design as well (currently only Archive Searcher - https://www.steamgifts.com/archive?esgst=as&query=Portal - and Comment/Entry Checker - https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/F0MUm/cibele/entries?esgst=cec - are using it), but it would be nice to get some feedback about it, as usual.

Another nice thing about this design is that it makes, as you can see above, features accessible by links, which should make it much easier to share things around.

5 years ago*

Looks good, some suggestions though.

1. Need to see at a glance what is enabled, could color the links or add icon.
  2. Fixed main page heading should be applied to settings page heading if a user has that enabled.
  3. In addition to save button at bottom add save button to page heading for easy access (really handy with fixed page heading, see pic ).
  4. Links in page heading should work, currently they are "undefined".
  5. Have settings search fixed or added to page heading or sidebar?? so it can be accesed at all times without scrolling.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

All good suggestions, I was indeed considering moving the search to the sidebar, similar to SG' native searches. Just need to work on them now. 👨‍🏭

5 years ago

I just noticed suggestion #1 is kind of implemented anything that i disable is labeled [NEW] , obviously not intentional though lol.

5 years ago

I cannot say that i like it but if it is easier for you to work with it is fine by me!
Is there an option for this to open in the same page rather than opening a new tab?
(if there is i missed it)

5 years ago

Curious, you don't like the new design or the fact that it no longer opens as a popup in the same page?

5 years ago

The popup was better for me when I use it on my phone. I could enter GA trains easier.
On the other hand on my pc I don't mind that much but when I have 10 train discussions open my tab counts jump to 20. And I can't close them because they may have a puzzle somewhere.

5 years ago

after update, 'enter giveaway' button vanished from grid view

5 years ago

...and regular (non-grid) view too

5 years ago

DOMException: Failed to execute 'add' on 'DOMTokenList': The token provided ('esgst - elgb - button') contains HTML space characters, which are not valid in tokens.
    at t.value (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:1296538)
    at chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:1291489
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at t.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:1290763)
    at w (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:54:14856)
    at Generator._invoke (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:54:14644)
    at Generator.e.(anonymous function) [as next] (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:54:15035)
    at n (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:356206)
    at r (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:356416)
    at chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:1:356475
5 years ago

Yeah, I used the auto formatter tool in my editor while I was editing the description of some features and it messed up some things. Hopefully it was only in some files. I did a global search and replace in v8.1.1 that should solve most, if not all, of them.

5 years ago

See v8.1.1.

5 years ago

thanks this fixes the issue with the missing buttom

5 years ago

green button is back
thanks ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

I'll see if I can add a secondary toggle switch there.

5 years ago

i try add, but no work https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/raw/master/ESGST.user.js
Google Chrome v 70.0.3538.110 (original), (64 bit)
Tampermonkey 4.7.44
win 8.1

5 years ago

win 8.1

😲

5 years ago

I don't understand, is this your first time installing the script? v8.1.1 was bugged for first installs, it was fixed in v8.1.2. Try again.

5 years ago

windows 8.1

5 years ago

I'm not talking about Windows. v8.1.2 is the ESGST version.

5 years ago

strange. the browser does not install from the site github
this script

but i managed to create a new one, insert the code, save the script in the control panel

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

That shouldn't be possible. Make sure you don't have 2 ESGSTs installed.

5 years ago

How to add "enter giveaway" buttons back ? :)) the ESGST say to update , but reset all buttons?
Nevermind ! I found it ! Maybe i should save my config?

gsrafael01 can you tell how to activate giveaways buttons with trading cards? I had it activated before , but now i don't know how to .. please help me

5 years ago*

Sorry, I can't quite understand. Can you post the name of the specific feature you're looking for? Is it Game Categories > Trading Cards?

5 years ago

Before update the script , the giveveaways who had trading cards showing on top of giveaways , now i can't find that specific setting .. soory if my explenation is bad .

"This option requires7.2.31 "Trading Cards" enabled to work"
Where can activate that?

5 years ago

But is already enabled , but don't work

5 years ago

Can you check if you're on v8.1.2? Also, look in the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J) for errors.

5 years ago

I think i'm on the latest version , because i cannot update the script

5 years ago

When i press Ctrl + Shift + J just open my download folder

5 years ago

Try Ctrl + Shift + I then, or F12.

5 years ago

You can check what version you're on in the header dropdown:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Current Version: 8.1.2

(index):1 Refused to apply style from 'https://www.steamgifts.com/null' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.
I hope I do not mind u too much.

5 years ago*

Not at all. Sorry, I have no idea what is happening. Game Categories are working fine for me. I'll get back to you later.

5 years ago

ok , thank you !

5 years ago

Sorry, forgot to get back to you. Is it still happening?

5 years ago

I'ts ok now ! It was fixed way before last twoo updates ! Thank you !

5 years ago

19.Giveaway End Time Highlighter
not work "add color setting"

5 years ago

Will fix for the next version.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.