Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bug: version 8.1.2 Custom Giveaway Background
colors can't be reset, also on created/entered/won pages everything is colored as public.

esgst.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'cgb_p_bgColor' of undefined
    at t.value (esgst.js:1)

EDIT: background is not applied on extracted giveaways.

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago*

Is there any function(Button) that I can re-join giveaway in "Entered" page after I just remove?
Thanks!

5 years ago

there used to be an add button for that since 7.15.0 but it seems it is broken with 8.1.2

5 years ago

OK, hope it will fix in next release, thanks!

5 years ago

It is fixed with 8.1.3

5 years ago

OK, thanks!

5 years ago

Could someone please give an example of how to filter out giveaways that haven't started yet? When browsing specific groups, there's some groups that always seem to have several pages worth of giveaways that haven't started yet (sometimes 3-4 weeks before they even start). It would be very nice to get those to not show up but I haven't been able to figure out how.

Also, apparent bug on Firefox on 8.1.2. I can't select a custom filter's text to edit it. Whether single click, double click, or click and drag on the filter's text, nothing happens and the filter text can't be edited.

View attached image.
5 years ago

There's a Started filter.

5 years ago

If I go to the Started filter and set it to Giveaway - Groups and save, nothing changes. Unstarted giveaways still show up when I go to group pages.

I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental about how that's supposed to work.

5 years ago

You have to go to the groups page and configure the filter, you are only enabling it. There's a bar below the page heading called "Expand filters" where you can configure them.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I think filtering giveaway descriptions stopped working.

5 years ago

There was this ability earlier before the latest update to re-enter left giveaways. Now when clicked "Remove", it becomes greyed out "Removed". Please bring back this functionality.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Feature 3.1 (discussions in sidebar) seems to be broken by the new holiday giveaway container.

5 years ago

Will there be some filtering functionality for Holiday Event?
i.e. show only boxes you already opened
or maybe even somehow check and filter boxes you can't open at all due to already own, low level, region, etc...

These are highly requested features in main threads, but so far no one knows will CG implement something or not.

5 years ago*

It's out of my reach to filter giveaways you can't enter, because the giveaways aren't revealed until you open the box. Showing only boxes you already opened could be possible, I'll see.

5 years ago

I vas talking about boxes you can't open, not giveaways. And yes you made exactly what i asked for. Thank you so much!
Next step due to many boxes now not showing and only few remains per page - would be nice to add something like infinite scroll or something like GA extractor to have one list of boxes you can open.

5 years ago

Endless Scrolling already exists.

5 years ago

Actually, there's something I can do, will add to next version.

5 years ago

Added a feature called Happy Holidays Integration that has some cool options for the event.

5 years ago

I've updated to 8.1.4 and suddenly everything opens in tabs instead of popups. I'm assuming this has to do with issue #1022 but is there any way to have them back in popups?

On the new Settings page (in a tab) there's no longer a way to search for options by keywords. I did find 2.16.2 (Automatically open any SGTools links found in new tabs) but even with that disabled it still opened the extractor in a new tab.

5 years ago

It was going to be a permanent thing, but from the complaints I'm already getting I see people aren't going to be happy about it, so it's going to be rolled back in the next version: https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1065

there's no longer a way to search for options by keywords

Yes, there is. It now uses the search in the sidebar.

5 years ago

Glad they are coming back and I should have known you would have used the sidebar for that. :)

5 years ago

Hi, a wee problem with dark theme on Chrome not working for me since upgrading from 8.0.5. Switch off>Save changes>Refresh, then Switch on>Save changes>Refresh with no results. Same thing with either SquishedPotatoe or Mully. Thanks for the assist

5 years ago

It's probably a bug. Try opening the feature details first, by clicking on its name, and then enabling it.

5 years ago

My eyes thank you

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

Well, it never went anywhere, but if you mean the popup form, then you're welcome.

I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Done and done.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Bug: 8.1.5 Main Page Heading Buttons.

Left/Right sides are swapped in discussions with no comments.

5 years ago

I just want to tell you again, how awesome your work is.
It’s impressive how much you implemented and how fast you manage to resolve the problems.
Thank you so much

5 years ago

You're welcome. :)

5 years ago

1045 Add option to display number of gifts won from / sent to user in User Giveaway Data

How is this supposed to work? I don't notice anything different in the giveaway data. I'm also forced to select 'Clear cache' now as it gets stuck on the calculating results if I don't.

5 years ago

Check your own profile for both won and sent gifts and it should start appearing.

As for it getting stuck, please check the console log for errors.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

In GA extractor (pop-up), GAs for which I am blacklisted no longer are higlighted. Not sure about group GAs but they also used to be highlighed. Has this option been removed?

5 years ago

Ah, yes. They were removed because of the new feature Custom Giveaway Background, which does the same thing, but I forgot to add an option for blacklisted giveaways.

5 years ago

Yes, I noticed that option, so figured it was to replace it, but yes, did not see "blacklisted" as an option, hopefully it will return in a future update. Thanks.

5 years ago

Should be back.

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago*

Is there an option to bookmark holiday event boxes so you can come back to open them the next day?

5 years ago

No, and I don't think it's worth implementing it, as the event will not last long and the browser bookmarks already do that.

5 years ago

This has probably been asked and answered before, but does any of the options hide entered giveaways?
I've been fooling around with the settings for a while have not found such setting so far.

5 years ago

Found it!

5 years ago

Just asking, I remember that we could change the color of the winning chance percentages, but looks like is no more included this option. It was deleted for any reason?

5 years ago

5 years ago

Thank you very much! ;D

5 years ago

Funnily enough a previous bug is now reversed. Ctrl + Enter no longer works when using the input area at the bottom of the page (was the "Submit Comment" button always purple?) but it works fine in the popup version.

5 years ago

Because of the removal of Discussion Edit Detector, ESGST no longer replaces SteamGifts' default submit button (you'll notice the button no longer has the airplane icon). I'll add the shortcut to the regular button in the next version.

5 years ago

Should work now.

5 years ago

I have a little problem with the "endless scrolling" function in the "Happy holiday" section. If "endless scrolling" is activated the following pages are loading, but it only loads the grey fields (which you can click) but it doesn't load the pictures of the boxes.
Is this just happening to me? And is there a way to get it to work properly? Am I missing something?

5 years ago

Only solution I found was to disable endless scrolling for that section.

(in case you don't know how just add ^/happy-holidays.* as one of the entries under "Do NOT run it here:")

5 years ago

Perfect, thanks a lot. I wouldn't have known how to do that exactly. Not perfect but much much better than before! 😄

5 years ago

NP 😎👍

5 years ago

It should be working fine. At least it is for me, not sure why it's not for you. Do you use the extension or the userscript?

5 years ago

I'm using the extension

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Thanks a lot, but unfortunately it still doesn't work properly. At home I have the same old problem.
On my office pc it worked fine until I used the "browse" filter to only show me the available gifts.
Question now is, if it's still worth to try fixing this. Probably you just let it be. The workaround from 0ldNick works perfectly fine for me.

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem with the extension

4 years ago

Is there option to change time format?
I want to use "YYYY/MM/DD" format instead of "Mon D, YYYY".

5 years ago

Not at the moment, but I can add that.

5 years ago

v8.1.6 allows you to do that.

5 years ago

Thanks.
I tried new additional option of "Accurate Timestamp" and works fine!

Edit:
I found miss spell of description.
"2017/01/01 - yyyy/mm/dd" => "2017/01/01 - yyyy/MM/dd"

5 years ago

Thanks for noticing, will fix in the next version.

5 years ago

Cant seem to figure out how to unhide a game that I hid before. Easy to toggle off and on the hide feature at the time.
Came across a hidden game in an invite giveaway that caught my interest.
No toggle symbol to unhide it...

5 years ago

2.46 unhide giveaway button will add a button to hidden giveaways to unhide them or go to your filters list, search for the game and click on the remove button.

5 years ago

TY. That worked.
Feature request: hide/unhide toggle icon on hidden games.

5 years ago

hmmm, you link settings, that I have turned on already, yet doesnt seem to make the icon appear...

5 years ago

What icon are you referring to and where is it not appearing?

5 years ago

Hide/Unhide icon. To the right of the search and steam icons.

5 years ago

But you said here that it worked, I'm confused. If you can post screenshots that would be helpful.

5 years ago

I went to the filters list and was able to unhide so I have a workaround. It adds several steps.

When I open my 5 holiday boxes per day, alot of them are hidden. And theres no unhide icon on the GA like there normally is on normal GA.
It also happens with trains and puzzles too (IIRC).
I havent figured out how to post a screenshot here yet.

5 years ago

Did you enable this feature? https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=ugb Make sure to save after enabling.

5 years ago

I just now enabled it. I was always looking at the left side for a setting. When it was under my nose on the right side. Thx.

5 years ago

Regarding accurate timestamp, is there any way of configuring it any further than the two options (putting on a 24-hour clock and showing seconds)? For instance, I'd prefer if the date is not displayed when:

1. A giveaway has less than 24 hours remaining
  2. A giveaway started less than 24 hours ago

Same goes for all giveaway entries and comments across all namespaces.
I'd also like the year to be displayed only when it's not in the current year.

So instead of this: "Dec 10, 2018, 1:39 - 15 minutes remaining"
I'd get this: "1:39 - 15 minutes remaining"

If this isn't already possible, consider it a suggestion for implementation. Thank you for your hard work! 🙂

5 years ago*

v8.1.6 allows you to do that.

5 years ago

Very nice, thanks! For some reason, ESGST wouldn't auto-update the last two patches for me, so I had to manually update. I tried restarting firefox and the PC to no avail, but I didn't try clearing cache.
Side note: Showing seconds is irrelevant for "giveaway ending," since you can only choose which hour and minute the giveaway ends.

5 years ago

Maybe Firefox just didn't reach the time to update it? I think Firefox can take 24-48 hours to update add-ons.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.